the babykillers argument is so facetious anyway, aside from maybe Hutu death squads I'm not sure what individual or organization wouldn't be above criticism if our moral standard was "Did you sign up to murder babies Y/N"
[account deactivated]
i dont know how you can criticize jeffrey dahmer, it's not like he killed any babies
we're all pretty mad at bankers right now, but let's all keep in mind that they're not all babykillers
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://youtu.be/1F1Q8azQJec?t=1m21s
http://youtu.be/1F1Q8azQJec?t=2m1s

jools posted:

much like your posting

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Goethestein posted:

the babykillers argument is so facetious anyway, aside from maybe Hutu death squads I'm not sure what individual or organization wouldn't be above criticism if our moral standard was "Did you sign up to murder babies Y/N"

lol
Hutu

The following pogrom is brought to you with limited martial interruption by Interahamwe. Test drive a new Panga today and see why slash is better.
[account deactivated]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F1Q8azQJec#t=9m08s
[account deactivated]
if that graph search was real then the top result would be the democratic party because they support affirmative action (reverse racism)
lol http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/t6pqc/man_absolutely_floored_by_the_return_of_his/c4k329k

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/t6pqc/man_absolutely_floored_by_the_return_of_his/c4k5mry

tl;dr the military or somebody working for it is creating sockpuppet accounts to post and upvote videos and pictures of soldiers hugging puppies and kids

Edited by Goethestein ()

[account deactivated]
why don't you just marry reddit
not enuff steampunk
[account deactivated]
Joe Pesci! fogetaboudit
d-d-d-d-d-d-d-double POST

Edited by dipshit420 ()

thirdplace posted:

how much is the case for troop hate complicated by the fact that pity makes them much much angrier?

What a very uncommon viewpoint for you dump on every combat arms soldier ever. I was in the infantry, Airborne and Ranger units, and very few people I met deserve to be stereotyped like that. I mean seriously, you really think that the majority of people that fought in Iraq never once stopped to look at their leaders critically when they are literally watching their friends die in front of them over decisions people in cushy offices have made? The vast majority of soldiers were disenfranchised with their leadership, be it politically or militarily. The reason they stay there is because they don't want to let the guy next to them down, for economic reasons, or *gasp* because the people we're fighting are legitimately awful. Do I need to source that about the Taliban or are you good? Why don't you ask yourself if you have the balls to put your life in danger to help a kid you've never met get to safety before you start trying to claim moral high ground by pushing a bunch of unfounded stereotypes that validate your simplistic world view as truth. Douche.

lol

FAILAIDS posted:

thirdplace posted:

how much is the case for troop hate complicated by the fact that pity makes them much much angrier?

What a very uncommon viewpoint for you dump on every combat arms soldier ever. I was in the infantry, Airborne and Ranger units, and very few people I met deserve to be stereotyped like that. I mean seriously, you really think that the majority of people that fought in Iraq never once stopped to look at their leaders critically when they are literally watching their friends die in front of them over decisions people in cushy offices have made? The vast majority of soldiers were disenfranchised with their leadership, be it politically or militarily. The reason they stay there is because they don't want to let the guy next to them down, for economic reasons, or *gasp* because the people we're fighting are legitimately awful. Do I need to source that about the Taliban or are you good? Why don't you ask yourself if you have the balls to put your life in danger to help a kid you've never met get to safety before you start trying to claim moral high ground by pushing a bunch of unfounded stereotypes that validate your simplistic world view as truth. Douche.

ok thats a d&d copypasta

FAILAIDS posted:

Do I need to source that about the Taliban or are you good?

lol d&d is so awful
[account deactivated]
btw a in most situations a soldier's friends die because of the decisions they themselves have made, such as: joining the military, joining the military in wartime, joining the army or marines or seals, joining a combat role, and not going AWOL. abdicating responsibility to Command is just another way to remove responsibility for independent thought

Goethestein posted:

abdicating responsibility to Command is just another way to remove responsibility for independent thought

i agree goatstein. i swear by my life and my love of it that i will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
if "you are morally responsible for your own actions" makes me an objectivist, then i guess light up a big american cigarette and heil rand whilst you rape me in a mine
i don't think anyone is responsible for their actions but there are still beautiful actions that we can admire such as when a policeman catches fire in greece.
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

FAILAIDS posted:

thirdplace posted:

more appropriate

Crow posted:

ive been that hungry.. not fun

[account deactivated]