years ago when I came to fully understand the situation the palestinians are facing and how unless something miraculous happens they will be ground into the dust until nothing of them or their culture remains I could no longer conceive of it within a moral/legal framework. any idea of right or wrong or international law having meaning was shattered and it was simply strength and weakness. thus, I wouldn't be able to find any fault with palestine if they they discovered a way to rise out of their situation and proceeded to ethnically cleanse Israel of all jewish life.
what im saying is we need to use this to facilitate the destruction of the liberal worldview and return to tribalism
tibetans are chinese citizens and vote in chinese elections. perhaps the best thing would be for israel to formally annex the west bank and gaza, thered be a single palestinian state between the jordan and the sea in like 5-10 years
[account deactivated]
voting is overrated

discipline posted:
Cycloneboy posted:
I read lots of books, would you care to actually engage my points?

first I want to know why you think israel is a client state of USA

trick question: i dont actually care aboue palestine
israel has western defenders who say absurd things and debate against an intractable but irrational position hardens and strengthens viewpoints.

bet more people would give a shit about tibet if every time it was brought up anywhere there was someone around to loudly insist that china's conduct is justified by the dali lama's pederasty
What is the difference between the plight of the Palestinians and the plight of the Kurds?
nobody is colonizing the kurds stfu about the kurds already
Oh, alright.

What about the plight of the Copts?
are you just naming ethnic minorities now

what is your deal
What is the difference between the plight of the Palestinians and the plight of the African Americans?
Palestinians drive like this

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

*car drives into Israeli military checkpoint, blows up*

African Americans drive like this
*car is pulled over by cop, driver is taken out and beaten to death*

Cycloneboy was probated until (Oct. 11, 2011 03:38:33) for this post!

you win either way (you're white, right?)

Edited by winebaby ()

lungfish posted:

babyfinland posted:

i hate that chorus in Arab Money, its just gibberish and it drives me nuts

that entire song is terrible
There are probably two reasons why the Western Left cares about Palestine. One is that it is far away. You can talk all you want about Palestine and how the people are oppressed, go home and feel good. Since the Western Left is mainly White, petty-bourgeois students, they can then feel like they stand up for the oppressed and keep not-caring about the Black and Latino people. Secondly, the Western Left only conditionally cares about Palestine in the same way they care about Iraq or Libya, they don't actually back (in most cases) actual resistance, they just theoretically oppose Western armies being there. In which case, it is more: "We don't want Westerners to die" rather than "We back Brother Qadhafi and the Libyan people". For Palestine, most groups I've encountered just back the two-state solution and oppose actual armed struggle by Hamas and other resistance groups. But, nothing more should be expected from them honestly.

thirdplace posted:
From topic I am Palestinian: Why does anyone care about Palestine?:israel has western defenders who say absurd things and debate against an intractable but irrational position hardens and strengthens viewpoints.

bet more people would give a shit about tibet if every time it was brought up anywhere there was someone around to loudly insist that china's conduct is justified by the dali lama's pederasty

this is at least starting to happen now, I framed this great flyer I got from a pro-china rally, one side is "look at this barbaric feudal country" the other side is "the dalai lama is friends with pinochet, death cults, nazis, etc."

babyfinland posted:

what is your deal

why should the plight of the Palestinians matter more than the plight of any other minorities, it has become an excuse for arab nations to attack israel, when those countries do not actually care about the Palestinians

vampirarchist posted:

babyfinland posted:

what is your deal

why should the plight of the Palestinians matter more than the plight of any other minorities, it has become an excuse for arab nations to attack israel, when those countries do not actually care about the Palestinians

because palestinians are the direct target of zionism which is the entire key to the middle east duh

why should the plight of middle eastern peoples matter more than the suffering of peoples in sub-saharan africa.

and israel's influence isn't the key to the middle east, saudi influence exists independently of israel, and occasionally in conflict with it. iran's actions are not all specifically in response to zionism.
:)