im literally blown away by there not being a) kettles and b) washing machines in american kitchens
if you fucking english puftas talk about kettles again i am gonna ifap a bitch
yea. fuk kettles.
lets get two things straight. dont wear pants with elastic in them and stovetop kettles are best because you can taste the gas fumes.
take a regular kettle, put it on an electric hot plate

Goethestein posted:

take a regular kettle, put it on an electric hot plate

Nothing quite as revolutionary left as english people criticizing american people from a home appliance perspective
so an electronic kettle is like a coffee machine for tea? thats funny because like coffee machines are normal but if you have a french press you're a fag but in the uk people have coffee machines for tea or sometimes mabye like normal teapots but either way they're still fags. hahah what a world we live in...
it's like this thing i use every day is like, you know? and then like other people use different things and it's like lmao.
i know two people with electric kettles. neither of them were born in america, though.

on the job front, i have an interview in two weeks that will determine my future for the long-term. if i get it, i will have a career. if i dont, im moving to thailand and faking my own death to get out from under this massive amount of debt. take that federal govt!
a kettle is not just for tea. you can use the boiled water for oatmeal too.

TG posted:

i know two people with electric kettles. neither of them were born in america, though.

on the job front, i have an interview in two weeks that will determine my future for the long-term. if i get it, i will have a career. if i dont, im moving to thailand and faking my own death to get out from under this massive amount of debt. take that federal govt!

have fun in thailand.

i got electric kettle and i got it at Target so there. Its true. Its fuckin true and this is REAL LIFE.
THIS IS REAL LIFE. YOU USE THE ELECTRIC KETTLE TO BOIL THINGS FASTER. YOU MAKE PASTA FASTER. THIS IS REAL FUCKIN LIFE
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i heard back from the school and they were like "yay that's good you want to take chinese. due to bureaucratic reasons though you can't take it until september 2013"

wtf.... what the fignewton
just hang out at the lucky rooster and pick it up via osmosis
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

i heard back from the school and they were like "yay that's good you want to take chinese. due to bureaucratic reasons though you can't take it until september 2013"

wtf.... what the fignewton

pimsleurs is p damn good.

as a linguist i can tell you that 'chinese' is not a language and as a liberal i can say i dont appreciate your racist generalizations about the people of the PRC
the reason i wanted a formal university program is so that i can learn literary chinese at the same time in case i want to do academic stuff with it. i could teach myself with books, tapes, movies and tutors and such i guess but i dunno it would have been better if i could start in january.

swampman posted:

Nothing quite as revolutionary left as english people criticizing american people from a home appliance perspective

aesthetics

[account deactivated]

Crow posted:

THIS IS REAL LIFE. YOU USE THE ELECTRIC KETTLE TO BOIL THINGS FASTER. YOU MAKE PASTA FASTER. THIS IS REAL FUCKIN LIFE

good boy

tpaine posted:

i'll teach you moopish

i am skeptical that you know chinee

ok getfiscal you study wenyan wen and ill learn quranic arabic and we can meet up with grumblefish and have a boring idiot who studies pointless shit competition lol

getfiscal posted:

the reason i wanted a formal university program is so that i can learn literary chinese at the same time in case i want to do academic stuff with it. i could teach myself with books, tapes, movies and tutors and such i guess but i dunno it would have been better if i could start in january.

i bet itll help knowing some chinese before starting literary chinese you... FUCKER!!! one FUCKER STEP ATTA TIME, KIDS!!

Crow posted:

i bet itll help knowing some chinese before starting literary chinese you... FUCKER!!! one FUCKER STEP ATTA TIME, KIDS!!

my prof said i should learn both traditional and modern characters at the same time.

for real tho why do you people keep saying 'chinese' like its a language thats dumb as hell lol

edit: also its classical chinese getfiscal the term literary chinese is offensive

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

for real tho why do you people keep saying 'chinese' like its a language thats dumb as hell lol

edit: also its classical chinese getfiscal the term literary chinese is offensive

lol what

it's called potunghua fucko.
thats not what getfiscal is talking about i dont think
all this confusion would be cleared up if you people wouldnt do racist white person shit and say 'chinese' and actually use the name of what you're referring to

getfiscal posted:

Crow posted:

my prof said i should learn both traditional and modern characters at the same time.

Then do both on your own Sheesh waht am i the mom from modern family??? hELLO??

Crow posted:

Then do both on your own Sheesh waht am i the mom from modern family??? hELLO??

yeah. basically. fuck it. gonna buy a textbook.

crow if i ever get money i will buy you a really tacky painting

getfiscal posted:

That everloving owns almost as hard as Brandon Bird

getfiscal posted:

i've been wanting to do something like that or make a real photo with huge red banners flowing on clear blue day in the background. Red salute