my god has the firmware upgrade & multiplayer support patch
one time my friend was on a plane and the guy next to him showed him his ipad (this was like the week they came out) and then he was like 'look at this' and busted out a bible application and told my friend 'so when im in church i can just use this and i dont need a bible'
god doesn't want people playing with an ipad in church. he wants them quietly listening to latin they don't understand.

getfiscal posted:
god doesn't want people playing with an ipad in church. he wants them quietly listening to latin they don't understand.

latin mass is the best and only true catholic mass

its not a real mass until they pray for the soul of the perfidious Jew, that Almighty God may remove the veil from his heart

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach revels in speaking publicly about topics most Orthodox Jews avoid. In 1999, he gained worldwide popularity with his best seller “Kosher Sex.” He has since written more than 20 books, among them “Kosher Adultery” and “The Kosher Sutra.” And while Boteach’s newest work, due to be released on Feb 1, does not take on the issue of sex, it promises to be no less controversial than his previous works. “Kosher Jesus,” Boteach’s first book published in Israel, asserts that because Christians no longer consider Jews to be their enemies, it is therefore time to recognize Jesus as a Torah-abiding Jewish patriot. “Kosher Jesus” amalgamates research, mostly by Hyam Maccoby, which suggests that the gospels give the wrong impression of Jesus. The US-born author and TV show host told Haaretz this week in Jerusalem:

This book is telling the Jews to reclaim Jesus, the authentic Jesus, the historical Jesus, the Jewish Jesus, and to be inspired by his beautiful teachings. It’s asking Christians to make an effort to enrich their Christianity through an understanding of the Jewishness of Jesus. Suddenly we have evangelical Christians emerging as the foremost supporters of the state of Israel. We have this political alliance. What is a lacking is a theological bridge. Christians don’t know the Jewish Jesus. They know the Christ-divinity but not the Jewish man Jesus. There’s a need to discover the humanity of Jesus. There was a lot of embellishment and editing. We have to remember Paul never met Jesus. He cannot offer us a first-hand account of Jesus’ life. Christian scripture doesn’t add up when it portrays Jesus as a self-hating Jew, or when it lists sins that allegedly led Jews to condemn him. Jesus never declared himself God or meant to abolish Jewish law. And the fact that Jesus thought of himself as the messiah shouldn’t bother Jews. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I regret that Jews allowed Jesus to be ripped away from them without even a fight. We just accepted a Christian interpretation of his life and narrative. One of the most influential people of all time is seen as a Christian who loved the Romans and said about the Jews that they are all the children of the devil. But Christian ideas of Jesus as divine messiah emerged as a savvy adaptation following the destruction of the Second Temple. Once Jews understand that, that they can take inspiration from Jesus’ often beautiful ethical teachings and appreciate Jesus as a devoted Jewish son who became martyred while trying to lift the Roman yoke of oppression from his beloved people.

I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world.

babyfinland posted:

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach revels in speaking publicly about topics most Orthodox Jews avoid. In 1999, he gained worldwide popularity with his best seller “Kosher Sex.” He has since written more than 20 books, among them “Kosher Adultery” and “The Kosher Sutra.” And while Boteach’s newest work, due to be released on Feb 1, does not take on the issue of sex, it promises to be no less controversial than his previous works. “Kosher Jesus,” Boteach’s first book published in Israel, asserts that because Christians no longer consider Jews to be their enemies, it is therefore time to recognize Jesus as a Torah-abiding Jewish patriot. “Kosher Jesus” amalgamates research, mostly by Hyam Maccoby, which suggests that the gospels give the wrong impression of Jesus. The US-born author and TV show host told Haaretz this week in Jerusalem:

This book is telling the Jews to reclaim Jesus, the authentic Jesus, the historical Jesus, the Jewish Jesus, and to be inspired by his beautiful teachings. It’s asking Christians to make an effort to enrich their Christianity through an understanding of the Jewishness of Jesus. Suddenly we have evangelical Christians emerging as the foremost supporters of the state of Israel. We have this political alliance. What is a lacking is a theological bridge. Christians don’t know the Jewish Jesus. They know the Christ-divinity but not the Jewish man Jesus. There’s a need to discover the humanity of Jesus. There was a lot of embellishment and editing. We have to remember Paul never met Jesus. He cannot offer us a first-hand account of Jesus’ life. Christian scripture doesn’t add up when it portrays Jesus as a self-hating Jew, or when it lists sins that allegedly led Jews to condemn him. Jesus never declared himself God or meant to abolish Jewish law. And the fact that Jesus thought of himself as the messiah shouldn’t bother Jews. I could declare myself the messiah right now. There’s nothing blasphemous about this. I even encourage people to have a certain messianic tendency in their lives, a desire to redeem the world. I regret that Jews allowed Jesus to be ripped away from them without even a fight. We just accepted a Christian interpretation of his life and narrative. One of the most influential people of all time is seen as a Christian who loved the Romans and said about the Jews that they are all the children of the devil. But Christian ideas of Jesus as divine messiah emerged as a savvy adaptation following the destruction of the Second Temple. Once Jews understand that, that they can take inspiration from Jesus’ often beautiful ethical teachings and appreciate Jesus as a devoted Jewish son who became martyred while trying to lift the Roman yoke of oppression from his beloved people.

the purging of anti-semitism from christianity in america is a god damned travesty

aerdil posted:
the problem with friedman is that he transcends parody

how is this a problem