[account deactivated]
yeah u should all read that mohanty book

Lessons posted:

Francisco_Danconia posted:
What I'm saying is that any normative statement made about oppression w/r/t any "global" group of people has behind it all of the force of neoliberal globalization, and, as a result, will end up on the wrong side of anti-imperialist and anti-capitalist struggle in many situations. Supporting, for example, an initiative by women in the Cuban government for greater gender equality is one thing, and supporting Iranian women trying to overthrow the regime (purportedly) for the same reasons is another, but in light of power imbalances between the international capitalist consensus and both countries it is completely incoherent to support both because "women's rights."

you're coming perilously close to saying women's concerns should be subordinated to the geopolitical struggle between Iran and the United States, which is what real marxsplaining is. not that i disagree with highlighting real or potential conflicts of interest between differing working class populations, which are manifold under capitalist imperialism, but when they're deployed specifically to undermine social struggle it's rarely constructive or informative.

what the hell are womens concerns though thats what im saying

im a gurl fwiw

shopping, finding a man, crotch rot
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
I've mostly seen the term "marxplaining" used by people who don't understand what the "marxplainer" is talking about and instead of asking them to clarify they get angry because you are using big words. if, as lungfish said, you are being obfuscatory, it is easy to call that out (I've done this) but the term "marxplain" implies someone is trying to pull rank by using big words lmao... I can believe in "mansplain" but "marxplain" is just ridiculous.

back on SA, I would go on righteous crusades to root out people I perceived as misogynists. This included people who weren't misogynists but who used language I didn't understand and theory I couldn't grasp, I figured they were using that kind of language to insult me, to obfuscate the issue when really they were just exploring an issue in depth. this ended up causing me a great deal more damage than the misogyny I was raging against. I was constantly angry, resentful and mired in ignorance

Groulxsmith posted:
this is a terrible thread

wrong

marxsplaining is when you use marxism to explain something and at the same time are a racist what im trying to say is all marxists are racist
i am a lowly, abject marxturd
marxplosion
marxpergin
marxtallion
marxcallion
marxploitation
in my "marxperience"
marxpediency
Marxpo 2012 - Sucking the REvolutionaries
mansplaining & marxsplaining are both really ugly awkward portmanteaus whereas enwhitenment has a mellifluous grace to it, and thats why im a misogynist

deadken posted:
mansplaining & marxsplaining are both really ugly awkward portmanteaus whereas enwhitenment has a mellifluous grace to it, and thats why im a misogynist

agree

*in haughty voice* "Let me... Enwhiten you"

Marxsplaining is another word for pointing out the gigantic power imbalance that always exists whenever ideologies like feminism are articulated as universal or transnational. Marxism is a sustained attack on the universalizing influence of the bourgeoisie (and therefore on liberalism, on capitalism) and so it's obviously going to distrust ideas like universal feminism because, with the soviet union gone, the only globally saturated power structure left is that of capitalism and liberalism.

What I'm saying is that any normative statement made about oppression w/r/t any "global" group of people has behind it all of the force of neoliberal globalization, and, as a result, will end up on the wrong side of anti-imperialist and anti-capitalist struggle in many situations. Supporting, for example, an initiative by women in the Cuban government for greater gender equality is one thing, and supporting Iranian women trying to overthrow the regime (purportedly) for the same reasons is another, but in light of power imbalances between the international capitalist consensus and both countries it is completely incoherent to support both because "women's rights."

As a final note, I don't think the working class or peasantry constitutes a global group like that. I think it's better to think of the bourgeoisie as the only truly international group, and the only real arbiters/mediators of global culture. The working class is more "everyone else," and it seems that national forms of resistance with the possibility for expansion/counterglobalization have so far been better and stabler forms of casting off the bourgeoisie than ones that try to be internationalist from the get-go.

ty miss m

gyrofry posted:
ty miss m

bu keqi

I'm Marxpecting a manbaby with this thread! Acha-cha-cha!
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

portmantailures

marxploitation

this would be a really cool b movie genre

just make godard movies only worse
the marks of the beat can be illuminated for a unified orchestration using a conductor to translate symbols into rhythm, to establish musical time. this denotes instrumentality, and since instruments aren't made to kill, i can only assume accelarationism, as an irregular time signature, is paradoxically a trademark of stallin.

the composition of beethoven on this timesheet is literally that of decomposition. without him his works may be left to naught but fallen debteers. alas, if i were given the credit line to purchase a korg beetoven 9001 synthesizer workstation, i'd gladly postdate my checque for a now hamburger.

anistorian posted:
the marks of the beat can be illuminated for a unified orchestration using a conductor to translate symbols into rhythm, to establish musical time. this denotes instrumentality, and since instruments aren't made to kill, i can only assume accelarationism, as an irregular time signature, is paradoxically a trademark of stallin.

the composition of beethoven on this timesheet is literally that of decomposition. without him his works may be left to naught but fallen debteers. alas, if i were given the credit line to purchase a korg beetoven 9001 synthesizer workstation, i'd gladly postdate my checque for a now hamburger.

i would buy a bound and published volume of your posts fyi

Hawking_Radiation posted:
Marxplaining is shitty logical positivist faux analysis that eliminates all social variables sans class and is the primary domain of people with no training in the social sciences beyond reading a couple excerpts of capital and maybe quotations from chairman Mao, hope this helps.

*spins chair around and sits on it backwards* Class dismissed.

Impper posted:

Lessons posted:

you're coming perilously close to saying women's concerns should be subordinated to the geopolitical struggle between Iran and the United States, which is what real marxsplaining is. not that i disagree with highlighting real or potential conflicts of interest between differing working class populations, which are manifold under capitalist imperialism, but when they're deployed specifically to undermine social struggle it's rarely constructive or informative.

way to entirely miss the point of that post lol

that dudes whole thing nowadays is to strawman people so as to facilitate trotty cultural imperialism