[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
any hint of antisemitism will be punished to the full extent of the law

i love kissinger
nixon was awesome, an ugly paranoid freak, the best president america ever had
what was the CIA maelstrom around Nixon that had to do with his resignation again? i remember they made some powerful enemies in the CIA, and Nixon, iirc, tried to install Bush as his own guy in there, but eventually they leaked some stuff to Congress and got rid of him (Nixon)

that sound about right?

deadken posted:
nixon was awesome, an ugly paranoid freak, the best president america ever had

agreed. like when nerds hate other nerds because they remind them of themselves, so too does America hate nixon because he was probably the most American man (outside of andrew jackson, ezra pound, and bill faulkner) to ever exist.

Crow posted:
what was the CIA maelstrom around Nixon that had to do with his resignation again? i remember they made some powerful enemies in the CIA, and Nixon, iirc, tried to install Bush as his own guy in there, but eventually they leaked some stuff to Congress and got rid of him (Nixon)

that sound about right?

he consistently ignored their advice, tossed out Richard Helms for refusing the block the Watergate investigation and replaced him with some crony. Bush didn't come in until long after he resigned. the "CIA took down Nixon" story doesn't really make sense and comes off like a conspiracy theory, especially when you consider how much of the nasty shit they were doing during those years, (Chilean coup, funding Kurdish rebels, Iranian policy), was being done at Nixon and Kissenger's insistence over CIA and DoD objections.

politicians have turned into glossy charming blow-up dolls, grinningly happily as theyre puppetted by the hand of capital up their arses. barack obama. bill clinton. david cameron. tony blair. nixon was venal, prejudiced, schizoid, he had a weird ugly nose and a strange voice, he was shameless and self-pitying. richard nixon was a real fucking man, a true american hero.

Lessons posted:

Crow posted:

that sound about right?

he consistently ignored their advice, tossed out Richard Helms for refusing the block the Watergate investigation and replaced him with some crony. Bush didn't come in until long after he resigned. the "CIA took down Nixon" story doesn't really make sense and comes off like a conspiracy theory, especially when you consider how much of the nasty shit they were doing during those years, (Chilean coup, funding Kurdish rebels, Iranian policy), was being done at Nixon and Kissenger's insistence over CIA and DoD objections.

oh right, Bush was just Nixon's faithful, going from House to UN Ambassadorship for him (even dropping out of the House to run for Senate at Nixon's pleasure) to envoy to China, but he didnt become CIA head until Nixon's successor Ford appointed him

deadken posted:
politicians have turned into glossy charming blow-up dolls, grinningly happily as theyre puppetted by the hand of capital up their arses. barack obama. bill clinton. david cameron. tony blair. nixon was venal, prejudiced, schizoid, he had a weird ugly nose and a strange voice, he was shameless and self-pitying. richard nixon was a real fucking man, a true american hero.

Mark E Smith: "A friend told me he met Cameron, who said he was at Live Aid. We have fucking Glastoheads running the country. People like Geldof, who is a dickhead. They're not even as intelligent as him."

mark e smith says the weirdest & best shit
We were playing a festival in Dublin the other week. There was this other group, like, warming up in the next sort of chalet, and they were terrible. I said, 'Shut them cunts up!' And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them. The bands said, 'That's the Sons of Mumford' or something. 'They're number five in charts!' I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Wow Nixon with some truth bombs
nixon king of america
[account deactivated]
i like carter, jimmy carter
no president has ever been Gotten more Real with America than jimmy

(other than ike's fairwell speech i guess)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
counterpoint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5wlWvOG-Xs&t=3m56s

The line about "rescuing Jews stuck behind the Iron Curtain from Soviet oppression" is simpleton talk. In truth, Jews were among the most highly educated sector of the Soviet population and the whole issue about saving them was one of the biggest scams of the 20th century.

The smartest Russians, however, may have been those who stayed behind and through a backroom deal with Yelsin came into possession of all of Russia’s natural resources, making these "oligarchs" the greatest collection of thieves, perhaps, in all of history. That they were even more exclusively Jewish than were our neocons was only, of course, a coincidence, such as, for example, the Pope being Catholic.

If you want read some fascinating Kissenger talk about the ME from the 70s...read this in full...

http://www.meforum.org/1032/henry-kissinger-to-iraq-in-1975-we-can-reduce

thirdplace posted:

no president has ever been Gotten more Real with America than jimmy

(other than ike's fairwell speech i guess)

Compare this miserable shit which resulted in 55 mph speed limits to this
EU-IBF8nwSY

55 mph speed limit was passed under nixon

thirdplace posted:
55 mph speed limit was passed under nixon

Just keepin ya on your toes

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
I trolled my mom hardcore on skype last night about how nixon is the best president and she was soooooooooo upset... I Can't wait for my brilliant darling children to grow up and troll me about how george w. bush was the last great amerikkkan president

while the neo-maoists refute that arguement and claim obama instead

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
BAHAahahAHAHA Nixon Rules!

lol the expression on his face is exactly the same as zizek's after he drops his "see you in hell, or in c-c-communism" line: "naughty child droppin' transgressive truth-bombs"

discipline posted:

BAHAahahAHAHA Nixon Rules!

yes! YES!

i kinda feel like if nixon of all people could get elected then maybe i could some day as well....
I find it funny how most self described liberals idolize Eisenhower as "the last good republican president"