snipe
ok raise your hand if youve seen the whole wingdings deal
[account deactivated]
ok whyyy did ppl have to repeat zizeks thoughts its embarrassing to watch no matter what angle itsf ilmed from
because they were the microphones
Lmao the new republic:
"Too Much of a Good Thing
Why we need less democracy."

By Peter Orszag

Skylark posted:
ok whyyy did ppl have to repeat zizeks thoughts its embarrassing to watch no matter what angle itsf ilmed from

skyfark

Crow posted:
Lmao the new republic:

By Peter Orszag

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/north-carolina-gov-bev-perdue-talks-suspending-elections-160323133.html

"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover," (Democratic Governor of North Carolina) Perdue said. She later added, "You want people who don't worry about the next election."

Tsargon posted:
Crow posted:
Lmao the new republic:

By Peter Orszag

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/north-carolina-gov-bev-perdue-talks-suspending-elections-160323133.html

"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover," (Democratic Governor of North Carolina) Perdue said. She later added, "You want people who don't worry about the next election."

"In our commissars. . .we have a new communist order of Samurais, the members of which have enjoyed no caste privileges and could die and teach others to die for the cause of the working class" - Trotsky, Seventh Congress of Soviets, Moscow 1919

lmfao
nice juxtaposition with the sig btw

looks like trotsky was readin up on his mishima ahe haaaah
democracy has been fascism since the days of the greeks
tomorrow morning Bloomberg is going to clear out all the protesters for "cleaning" the area and when they return they can't put down tents or equipment or even lie down XD
ahe haaah. hopefully they murder someone now
[account deactivated]
most of the comments i read against the occupations invoke Unimpeachable Private Property despite a) half the time it's not even private property, like in Boston and b) without the slightest grasp of irony that the fact that major public parks have been privatized and are thus unacceptable protest locations is part of the problem
it is a Slippery Slope from people hanging out in private parks to smelly hippies setting up shop in the gooncave of the noble redditor
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Tsargon posted:

Crow posted:
Lmao the new republic:

By Peter Orszag

bev perdue has good reason for wanting to suspend elections, considering she's going to get stomped in her next one

discipline posted:
they should just rush the NYSE as far as I'm concerned. go down in a blaze of glory imo.

they prob. need more members before they can start violently resisting.

Crow posted:
skyfark

lol so it's over, it's pouring in NYC and they're getting moved out and that's that

thanks for showing up for Kind Of Mad 2011
there's no ny livestream anymore but there's one in seattle and it's got a chat

just an endless pile of

OutlawLuv: STAY STRONG
PeaceWithin: NO VIOLENCE
PeaceWithin: NO VIOLENCE SEATTLE PEACEFUL PROTEST
mysticw0lf: KEEP THE PEACE!!!

lol
unexpected little data point though:

A survey by Time magazine found that 54% of Americans have a favourable impression of the protests, with 23% reporting a negative impression.

that's surprising
last post in a row, i promise, but lol

@AdamGabbatt Adam Gabbatt
It is ABSOLUTELY pouring down. Thus about 100 of us in McDonalds. Cue "occupy McDonalds" shout #occupywallstreet yfrog.com/nudykekj

s-s-smash c-capital... sm... it's .. cold outside, mcdonalds, can we come in. what's that? oh of course we'll buy burgers yeah that's fair

thanks capital

quote from facebook page for my town's occupy

"fuck the police? how about love the police."

zero sarcasm.
theres sorta this weird implicit thought that liberals seem to have that violence is just bubbling right under the surface in OWS or any other protest and they gotta keep repeating the mantra no violence no violence no violence its a little creepy and revolting tbh
they probably think that because it is
or have you not noticed that every disaffected leftist on this and associated forums has either advocated violence or mocked the protestors for not engaging in violence

of course, just the internet. but the sentiment and resentment is real
The rain, cold, and Bloomberg's "cleaning" seem to have done the job. But if they haven't, I encourage protesters to engage in violence so that public opinion will quickly support aggressive police measures.

lungfish posted:
The rain, cold, and Bloomberg's "cleaning" seem to have done the job. But if they haven't, I encourage protesters to engage in violence so that public opinion will quickly support aggressive police measures.

lungfish posted:

Goethestein posted:
or have you not noticed that every disaffected leftist on this and associated forums has either advocated violence or mocked the protestors for not engaging in violence

uhhhhhhh the way people engage with their own inner drives is mediated by what they believe 'outsiders' perceive them as and desire them to do. so this suppression of 'disaffected leftist violence' is a suppression of their own violent reaction to their situation and place. if it wasnt, they wouldnt focus so much of their anxiety on 'nonviolence'

OH and:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/occupy-wall-street-cleanup-russell-simmons_n_1010213.html

Occupy Wall Street Cleanup: Russell Simmons Offers To Pay To Avoid Violence

it'll be funny if the mayor is wise enough to take him up on the offer and the protests continue until cold weather hits and people have to disperse around the same time worldwide property bubbles burst and their financial support for heating and thangs collapses (although maybe it may take longer for those property bubbles)

Crow posted:

Goethestein posted:

uhhhhhhh the way people engage with their own inner drives is mediated by what they believe 'outsiders' perceive them as and desire them to do. so this suppression of 'disaffected leftist violence' is a suppression of their own violent reaction to their situation and place. if it wasnt, they wouldnt focus so much of their anxiety on 'nonviolence'

yeah thats what i said

in less unnecessarily retardosmart language tho
no you did not, cause youre a goat moron, what i'm saying is those liberal children are trying to repress their own violent desires by chanting about nonviolence constantly, not some aggro leftist bogeymen.
thats what i sed 2.
somebody made up a rumor that some people at occupy boston spit on the coast guard. lmao
grr i the rumored protestor man am really about the branch of the military that protects our waters from pretend pirates and desperate cubans on floating volkswagons