tapespeed posted:
100% serious question (no troll response please) how much of the classic antisemetism is based in reality (like manipulating much more powerful gov'ts. in their favor as we see here, or the dual loyalty many groups have been accused of in history, but that zionists actually have) as opposed to just the ridiculous stuff (having horns, sitting hunch backed at a table late at night stacking gold coins into towers)

a lot of it is misdirected. in europe jews were pretty much forced to take occupations where they could be scapegoated the way they were (and continue to be). so yeah jewish bankers etc etc but its not really fair to see it as soem plot to undermine Europa

Impper posted:

tapespeed posted:
100% serious question (no troll response please) how much of the classic antisemetism is based in reality (like manipulating much more powerful gov'ts. in their favor as we see here, or the dual loyalty many groups have been accused of in history, but that zionists actually have) as opposed to just the ridiculous stuff (having horns, sitting hunch backed at a table late at night stacking gold coins into towers)

read the jewish century

this is an interesting book though

SomeIsraeliFuck posted:
anyway, antisemitism is not fixed in stone, it changes according to the period and to the jew's status. antisemitism in the muslim world was completly different from christian antisemitsm etc etc.

but, since we're not bigots the answers to your question should be: NONE

nothing any singular jew or a group of jews ever did can justify something like antisemitism,

and one final thing "world dominance" is not classical antisemitism, classic antisemitism is "christ killers" and "blood matzoh"

it's very different.

was there even such a thing as antisemitism in the medieval islamic world? i think for them it was far more about europeans, russians, africans, etc than religious distinctions

it's a sketchy subject for sure with all the zio propaganda, but the dimmi status was often less than rosy in many places.

as you know jews are not really too highly regarded in the Quran, while they were protected in muslim lands i understand that there were isolated cases of pogroms and plenty of cases of discrimnation by the rulers, such as special jew taxes etc, i can look for sources, i don't really know how widespread any of this was.

obviously in certain countries, such as morroco, there was never any discrimination against jews.

blah blah victimhood poor jews.

SomeIsraeliFuck posted:
it's a sketchy subject for sure with all the zio propaganda, but the dimmi status was often less than rosy in many places.

as you know jews are not really too highly regarded in the Quran, while they were protected in muslim lands i understand that there were isolated cases of pogroms and plenty of cases of discrimnation by the rulers, such as special jew taxes etc, i can look for sources, i don't really know how widespread any of this was.

obviously in certain countries, such as morroco, there was never any discrimination against jews.

blah blah victimhood poor jews.

that sounds like zionist bloo bloo tears about classical imperial hierarchies with jews fitting in somewhere in the middle rather than on top

isn't that all antisemitism basically?

the jews were always just telling their own story, they never saw parallels among other nations.

SomeIsraeliFuck posted:
isn't that all antisemitism basically?

the jews were always just telling their own story, they never saw parallels among other nations.

no antisemitism is not the lack of jewish domination

lol, no what i mean is that, as detailed by mr. slekzine, antisemitism is not unique when viewed in a historical scope. the status of the jewish diaspora minorities was similar to the status of other such diaspora minorities and as such it was in essence as you put it 'zionist bloo bloo tears about classical imperial hierarchies with jews fitting in somewhere in the middle rather than on top'.

that is, jews weren't particularly prosecuted. not more so than any other minority group but when you put everything under the umbrella of antisemitism it all gels, every instance of jew hate is the same etc, it becomes a natural phenomena, gentiles just apparently can't resist it.

edut: the zio narative after all does not view the holocaust as an isolated incident, that's the whole point, it's a culmination of a process that lasted two thousands years, a historical imperative.

that's why we (zionists) classify jew hate as antisemitism, you have classic antisemitism, you have modern antisemitism, you have muslim antisemitism you have zionist antisemitism you just name it, every instance of unfavorable behavior towards the jews is an extension of the holocaust.

Edited by SomeIsraeliFuck ()

i have no idea what youre saying
i'm saying that the definition of antisemitism is sketchy enough as it is you can easily attribute medieval muslim discrimnation against jews as antisemitism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_antisemitism#Contrast_with_Christian_Europe posted:
Lewis states that in contrast to Christian antisemitism, the attitude of Muslims toward non-Muslims is not one of hate, fear, or envy, but rather simply contempt. This contempt is expressed in various ways, such as abundance of polemic literature attacking the Christians and occasionally also the Jews. "The negative attributes ascribed to the subject religions and their followers are usually expressed in religious and social terms, very rarely in ethnic or racial terms, though this does sometimes occur." The language of abuse is often quite strong. The conventional epithets are apes for Jews, and pigs for Christians. Lewis continues with several examples of regulations which were symbolizing the inferiority that non-Muslims living under Muslim rule had to live with, such as different formulae of greeting when addressing Jews and Christians than when addressing Muslims (both in conversations or correspondences), and forbidding Jews and Christians to choose names used by Muslims for their children by the Ottoman times.
Schweitzer and Perry argue that there are two general views of the status of Jews under Islam, the traditional "golden age" and the revisionist "persecution and pogrom" interpretations. The former was first promulgated by Jewish historians in the 19th century as a rebuke of the Christian treatment of Jews, and taken up by Arab Muslims after 1948 as "an Arab-Islamist weapon in what is primarily an ideological and political struggle against Israel". The revisionists argue that this idealized view ignores "a catalog of lesser-known hatred and massacres". Mark Cohen concurs with this view, arguing that the "myth of an interfaith utopia" went unchallenged until it was adopted by Arabs as a "propaganda weapon against Zionism", and that this "Arab polemical exploitation" was met with the "counter-myth" of the "neo-lachrymose conception of Jewish-Arab history", which also "cannot be maintained in the light of historical reality".

the definition i use is the specific persecution of jews, as in the russian empire and the third reich
yeah there was nothing like the third reich in muslim lands during medieval times hth
there was in medieval england though at times
islam is just one long third reich... and god is hitler
what? several hundred killed in some london pogroms? by this metric you can also say there was third reichism in palestine during the 19th and 20th century.

SomeIsraeliFuck posted:
what? several hundred killed in some london pogroms? by this metric you can also say there was third reichism in palestine during the 19th and 20th century.

im not using that metric.

im evaluating the organization of the society. if you exclude the holocaust, which isnt really a serious factor in considering how the reich was organized, then germany wasnt particularly outstanding for a european country in its antisemitic constitution.

i don't know, the wiki part i quoted says there are several scholars (mostly jewzz) who argue that there was plenty of anti jewish legislature and discrimination.

so if you get the genocides and the pogroms out of the picture is this a variation on the third reich?

the point of my stupid insistence is that antisemitism really doesn't make sense as a term, it's thoroughly unnecessary and undermines understanding the true meaning of bigotry and ethnic persecution.

Saadiya Gaon wrote in the 10th century "וְהִיא שֶׁעָמְדָה לַאֲבוֹתֵינוּ וְלָנוּ, שֶׁלֹּא אֶחָד בִּלְבָד עָמַד עָלֵינוּ לְכַלּוֹתֵנוּ, אֶלָּא שֶׁבְּכָל דּוֹר וָדוֹר עוֹמְדִים עָלֵינוּ לְכַלּוֹתֵנוּ, וְהַקָּדוֹשׁ בָּרוּךְ הוּא מַצִּילֵנוּ מִיָּדָם." and the jews have been reciting every Passover ever since:
and the covenant which has protected us, for it was not one alone who has attempted to annihilate us, but in every single generation scores threaten us with annihilation and the blessed holy one avails us from their wrath"

and he lived in a muslim country...

so whats the true meaning of bigotry and ethnic persecution
i'm sure it's not jew centric
p sure other people have been prosecuted in a similar fashion in other places ya know ?

SomeIsraeliFuck posted:
p sure other people have been prosecuted in a similar fashion in other places ya know ?

yes but thats not antisemitism. we (english speakers) have a specific word for anti-jewish racism because we (europeans) have a specific history of anti-jewish racism

you also have a long history of anti gypsy racism and anti african racism, to be honest you people are pretty much racist towards everyone all the time, yet you don't have specific words for specific types of racism right?

it's more likely that the term antisemitism has been coined due to jewish literary tradition in the involvement of secular bourgoisie jews in european culture in the 19th century.

and what do you know indeed it was a jew who came up with the phrase:

Although Wilhelm Marr is generally credited with coining the word anti-Semitism (see below), Alex Bein writes that the word was first used in 1860 by the Austrian Jewish scholar Moritz Steinschneider in the phrase "anti-Semitic prejudices". Steinschneider used this phrase to characterize Ernest Renan's ideas about how "Semitic races" were inferior to "Aryan races." These pseudo-scientific theories concerning race, civilization, and "progress" had become quite widespread in Europe in the second half of the 19th century, especially as Prussian nationalistic historian Heinrich von Treitschke did much to promote this form of racism. He coined the term "the Jews are our misfortune" which would later be widely used by Nazis. In Treitschke's writings Semitic was synonymous with Jewish, in contrast to its use by Renan and others.

SomeIsraeliFuck posted:
you also have a long history of anti gypsy racism and anti african racism, to be honest you people are pretty much racist towards everyone all the time, yet you don't have specific words for specific types of racism right?

it's more likely that the term antisemitism has been coined due to jewish literary tradition in the involvement of secular bourgoisie jews in european culture in the 19th century.

this and the fact that other kinds of racism still exist so they have to be invisible

antisemitism is peculiar but so is every other kind of racism. its just that (as slekzine outlines) antisemitism sort of propelled european jews into modernity before we pushed ourselves into it as well

alright, so henceforth we shall refer to define two seperate terms:
1.anti-semitism according to the jewish narrative and traditions - which is a completly appropriate thing to call anyone at any time unless he was a kravi in zahal and votes Lieberman,
2. anti-semitism from the historical european perspective - something that doesn't exist anymore at all so no one is an anti-semite or will be ever again.

i'll be using the first definition mostly i think.
jewiash literature blows

Who Is Like You Amongst The Gods Yahweh

i can't wait for gibson's judah maccabe movie.