there's a reason you identify so strongly with untermenschen
i identified pretty strongly with all the instances of the higher man in zarathustra, but i think i can identify with pretty much anything. sometimes i see a picture of a really buff muscular dude and i see myself in him, and sometimes i see a picture of an obese fatlord and i see myself in him too. it's strange
moar weed seems to help
maybe youre a reincarnation of jack london
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
if you hate work - don't work! you doofus

not working is overrated.

aerdil posted:
maybe youre a reincarnation of jack london

thats me

i don't understand anything you guys are talking about, but the cure is slivovitza

discipline posted:
lmao this labor aristocrat hates sitting in a cubicle for 40 hours a week and collecting a sizable paycheck for posting and coming in late

yes, exactly

discipline posted:
if you hate work - don't work! you doofus

money is nice to have though

just finished the candide, sounds like you need a garden impper tbqh
the last thing i need is a garden.
he needs a dog

maybe two

Impper posted:
the last thing i need is a garden.

it worked for candide, and he went through a lot!!!

i dont need a dog either! you fool!
i love garden

Impper posted:
i dont need a dog either! you fool!

a cat maybe?

dog and cat ftw
or maybe a musical instrument? i just started to learn to play the harmonica, maybe we could learn 2gether...
i like cats. i already play the guitar at a intermediate-high level, but i guess i would be willing to learn the harmonica. i really want to sing though
join a choir

Impper posted:
i like cats. i already play the guitar at a intermediate-high level, but i guess i would be willing to learn the harmonica. i really want to sing though

accordian man

if i write something every weekday (there is almost no chance i will, but hypothetically), can i get like my own little ghetto on the front page, like "imps korner" or "imps playground" so i dont monopolize the front page
yes but only if you print them out and shout each one incoherently in an actual playground
[account deactivated]

Impper posted:

babyfinland posted:
youre an egomaniacal, dysfunctional manchild with no self esteem, why would life be good for you under any circumstances

my life was good when i was in school and, alternatively, bumming around. the only thing that's meaningfully changed has been work. i'm allergic to it, and i'm pretty sure its what drives 90% of my current pathos, i hate waking up every morning, not because i have any problem with the world, however i do have a problem coming in to an office. of course, people will say "change it you doofus" but there is no possibility living in my heart that i can access right now

I don't like the structure of typical jobs, either. I like to stay up late and come in late, and some days I like to work from home. I would often be tired and frustrated at work at prior jobs.

However, now, since I am a co-founder of a company, I have put a policy in place that barring some sort of pre-arranged event, we can come in whenever we want, and work from home 1-2 days a week, and I often roll in around lunch time. This has become increasingly common in my field. It's not just Bay Area hippies either, Chicago-based 37signals recommends stuff like this.

http://zachholman.com/posts/scaling-github-employees/

lungfish posted:

Impper posted:

babyfinland posted:
youre an egomaniacal, dysfunctional manchild with no self esteem, why would life be good for you under any circumstances

my life was good when i was in school and, alternatively, bumming around. the only thing that's meaningfully changed has been work. i'm allergic to it, and i'm pretty sure its what drives 90% of my current pathos, i hate waking up every morning, not because i have any problem with the world, however i do have a problem coming in to an office. of course, people will say "change it you doofus" but there is no possibility living in my heart that i can access right now

I don't like the structure of typical jobs, either. I like to stay up late and come in late, and some days I like to work from home. I would often be tired and frustrated at work at prior jobs.

However, now, since I am a co-founder of a company, I have put a policy in place that barring some sort of pre-arranged event, we can come in whenever we want, and work from home 1-2 days a week, and I often roll in around lunch time. This has become increasingly common in my field. It's not just Bay Area hippies either, Chicago-based 37signals recommends stuff like this.

who would've thought a liberal would be so LAZY

lungfish posted:
Impper posted:
babyfinland posted:

yeah, I have a telecommute software dev job now. I can move anywhere and live wherever and work whenever.

so uhhhh smash the state *runs away*

drwhat posted:
yeah, I have a telecommute software dev job now. I can move anywhere and live wherever and work whenever.

so uhhhh smash the state *runs away*

I have done that in the past, and while liberating in comparison to regular work, it has its own problems... namely, motivation, camaraderie, and loneliness. A hybrid system, where you all work in the same area and have an office, but can go to it at will, seems to be the sweet spot.

yeah I am gravitating to that as well and I and some friends are probably going to end up setting up a company to do just that, eventually.

in the meantime, being able to move to Montreal at the drop of a hat is pretty alright. I did that, today
That's great to hear. Engineers directing corporate policy is the closest thing to a revolution going on right now.
i partied with this chick yesterday who was complaining about the engineers in her work all being creepy sperglords who were completely incompetent at their jobs anyway

made me think of lungfish