FUU COPPERRRRRRRRS!! U AINT GONNA GETME THIS TIME!!

*blasts thru the Lurker checkpoint*

Edited by jeffery ()

I GOT WARRENTSSSSSS

SailorSARS posted:

swampman posted:

SailorSARS posted:

I might post something about the debate between Derrida and Searle on Austin

please do

theres one beer left should i drink it PLEaAS somebody say yes so that i can say its Social Drinking
pour it out for discipline
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

COME ON LURNKERS NOW IS YOUR CHANCE'

JUST GIVE ME THE GO AHEAD ON HAVING ANOTHER BEER

stegosaurus posted:

pour it out for discipline

ill pour out alright

into my mouth!! and drink it! for Discipline® rip u had such a long way to go - big krit

helloooooooooooooo lurkers

Wulgus posted:

deadken posted:

these lurkers are earnest as hell & totally suck. can we get a ban on All the lurkers

dont ban me please

hi

we need more positive energy and therefore i welcome the lurkers

deadken posted:

allgirlsummergunclub posted:

libelous_slander posted:

i say post more because it honestly needs to be brought to light. too many decision makers operate in the dark and sure, they don't read the rhizzone but the dissemination is important, and the truth will eventually reach the surface

honestly a lot of the people working for and against these type of cases don't show up in google searches other than the occasional docket record. the whole thing is pretty clandestine wrt working with american refugee organisations, immigration and recruitment efforts in (especially midwestern) urban areas. a lot of it is common knowledge in the near-dead labor law circles but most plants aren't even on a map much less in the news. i'm really wary about making the writeup i'd like to on a public forum bc i really want to post pics of dudes in raincoats covered in blood who work for less than min wage and the names of people who hire illegals for sexual favors in nebraska but i just need to put everything together.

lmao if you have this stuff dont waste it on the monkey cheese stalin fail aids forum, write it up and send it off to every magazine and newspaper you can think of, they'll be capable of protecting your confidentiality and nothing on here ever 'reaches the surface'

lol i mean who would do anything about it? we've been working against these companies for 10+ years and most of the footage gets settled on for like ~$1k per worker. the places that do go to trial hire this guy: (edit: gonna redact this link) and the best we can do is sit down, eat it and bring the best evidence we can. there is no solid lobby or whistleblowing organization that would protect any real media effort, and we have to get court injunctions and sign NDA's to even get through the guard house at any plant. i want to post the shit on the fail aids forum bc i think people here are really smart and write a lot of good words but have never walked through doors labelled THIS WAY TO KILL FLOOR with the smell of blood and shit in their noses. i dont know whether i can make the Big Post without getting sued but i would like to answer questions about this stuff at the the very least.

Edited by allgirlsummergunclub ()

cleanhands posted:

we need more positive energy and therefore i welcome the lurkers

you know just as well as everyone else here that positive energy comes only from an insufficient grasp of the unending shit of our reality

everyone make sure you grab one of the free sandwiches from the table in the back, they're there to be eaten

deadken posted:

libelous_slander posted:

i say post more because it honestly needs to be brought to light. too many decision makers operate in the dark and sure, they don't read the rhizzone but the dissemination is important, and the truth will eventually reach the surface

honestly a lot of the people working for and against these type of cases don't show up in google searches other than the occasional docket record. the whole thing is pretty clandestine wrt working with american refugee organisations, immigration and recruitment efforts in (especially midwestern) urban areas. a lot of it is common knowledge in the near-dead labor law circles but most plants aren't even on a map much less in the news. i'm really wary about making the writeup i'd like to on a public forum bc i really want to post pics of dudes in raincoats covered in blood who work for less than min wage and the names of people who hire illegals for sexual favors in nebraska but i just need to put everything together.

lmao if you have this stuff dont waste it on the monkey cheese stalin fail aids forum, write it up and send it off to every magazine and newspaper you can think of, they'll be capable of protecting your confidentiality and nothing on here ever 'reaches the surface'

lol i mean who would do anything about it? we've been working against these companies for 10+ years and most of the footage gets settled on for like ~$1k per worker. the places that do go to trial hire this guy: http://www.hunton.com/professionals/uniEntity.aspx?xpST=ProfessionalDetail&professional=5416 and the best we can do is sit down, eat it and bring the best evidence we can. there is no solid lobby or whistleblowing organization that would protect any real media effort, and we have to get court injunctions and sign NDA's to even get through the guard house at any plant. i want to post the shit on the fail aids forum bc i think people here are really smart and write a lot of good words but have never walked through doors labelled THIS WAY TO KILL FLOOR with the smell of blood and shit in their noses. i dont know whether i can make the Big Post without getting sued but i would like to answer questions about this stuff at the the very least.

it sounds like the kind of thing NSFW Corp would pay you for although i have no idea if theyre as ethical wrt journalistic protection as they say they are

cleanhands posted:

it sounds like the kind of thing NSFW Corp would pay you for although i have no idea if theyre as ethical wrt journalistic protection as they say they are

i guess i could also release a few things and threaten to release the other 100+ hours of footage i have access to if anyone fucked with me? is this a terrible idea? are any of yall lawyers? fuck

im not a us lawyer but at a guess they would sue you into bankruptcy and have criminal charges brought that youd have to put your life on hold to defend against, pour encourager les autres and all that
p0st

cleanhands posted:

im not a us lawyer but at a guess they would sue you into bankruptcy and have criminal charges brought that youd have to put your life on hold to defend against, pour encourager les autres and all that

this is why im usually too drunk to write a good post

Hitler posted:

p0st

And here we have noted rhizzone poster Hitler just rolling through to say hello.

I dont post becuz im too busy ffffffffuckin up the game
Chief keef
I was thinking a little about music in political struggle. You can almost deduce the quality of the cause from the quality of the music. Compare civil war-era red music and white music, and compare irish republican music and loyalist music. Look, I'm not saying this is scientific. It's just some food for thought for the lurker checkpoint #46354.

Republican prisoners singing an old irish folk ballad

sailorsars come back and post that stuff
all hip hop is magnitudes better than any cracker shit because 'twas Borne out of Oppression in response to white supremacy and really where else in music can you find such consistent objections to the status quo??

Edited by enayeneh ()

if anyone tries to say some fucking bullshit about punk ive got a few words for you: first, thank you for your input! two fucking wrong CRASS is the only Good punk and THEYRE ALL DEAD . three: racist.

Agnus_Dei posted:

Loyalist music really is awful. Fuck.

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

I was thinking a little about music in political struggle. You can almost deduce the quality of the cause from the quality of the music. Compare civil war-era red music and white music, and compare irish republican music and loyalist music. Look, I'm not saying this is scientific. It's just some food for thought for the lurker checkpoint #46354.

Republican prisoners singing an old irish folk ballad

Ireland is the only country I've been to outside of the US and I remember getting really drunk in a small town pub wiyh live music and they were singing songs about killing the British. Good Country.

cleanhands posted:

i guess i could also release a few things and threaten to release the other 100+ hours of footage i have access to if anyone fucked with me? is this a terrible idea? are any of yall lawyers? fuck

there's literally a shitload of lawyers and impending lawyers and exlawyers on this forum i say literally b/c we're all shit

animedad posted:

Ireland is the only country I've been to outside of the US and I remember getting really drunk in a small town pub wiyh live music and they were singing songs about killing the British. Good Country.

It's on my bucket list.

Ура!

soon.... the lurking class will rise, for we have nothing to lose but our usernames

CharlesFomsky posted:

soon.... the lurking class will rise, for we have nothing to lose but our usernames

yes brother, rise.

Edited by enayeneh ()

noavbazzer posted:

sailorsars come back and post that stuff

I have to formulate it but for now i'll just assume you are already familiar with the debate somewhat. Basically, derrida was writing about metaphilosophy as well as critiquing austin's argument (which i think derrida is actually more than sympathetic to). Searle simply sees it as a brazen attack on austin and thus himself since all of his work originates in austin's speech act project. Ultimately, searle fails to really grasp derrida's critique because he never really gave it a chance in the first place, and in doing so reveals certain problems with the analytic tradition (which here includes the ordinary language phils). At the same time, I think it validates much of what the ordinary language philosophers and the social constructivists were arguing as well. The argument is really interesting because it demonstrates the theory being argued, as much as it actually argues it. Unfortunately I don't have limited inc with me, so I can't write up a full post yet. I'm still struggling to articulate the argument fully, because in my opinion, it's one of the most complex debates in philosophy due to the parallels between the theory, the debate itself, and the politics surrounding it. Also, I'm not sure how much that debate matters anymore because it seems to me that the actual philosophy of the debate was largely ignored, despite how heavily it was publicized.

[account deactivated]
so guys which genre of music is more useless??? punk.... or folk???
Folk and punk in 2013 or folk and punk in general?
idk man i just know i live in portland and am tired of everyone being in a band of either genre