gaytheist posted:

I think one of the simultaneously funny and/or disturbing aspects of living in toronto is how viruently and openly racist many people in the gay community are. They will always justify this by playing claiming that they (blacks, natives, asians, whatever) are more homophobic than they are racist anyways before the falling back sort of biotruth or whatever. That being said lots of straight gay men hate trans people with just as much if not more vitrol.

Ugh

last nite i got into a conversation with this punk chick who lived in columbus (OH) about a place she used to spend a lot of time at, the famous straight edge / hardcore / anarchist venue legion of doom and how when our band which was comprised of all religious people played there we got yelled at and one dude did a really long speech to our female bandmember about how she was an idiot for being muslim and being a woman and the chicks response was, 'well you shouldn't have played at an anarchist venue if yall are religious' which i thought was really funny. anyways, that reminds me of the sort of attitude you're talking about

[account deactivated]
honestly tho w/r/t the OP i was gonna read this but then i just read 'at the mountains of madness' instead and i learnd a lot moe about communism sexuality and the human condition
i thought straight edge people were usually religious?

like i thought the whole point of straight edge was "look at how hardcore and tough i am even tho i dont drink or do drugs because jesus love me"
uh no straight edge is generally an atheist movement what the fuck are you talking about
Eo why are you arguing with superabounf, whose parents were goons or something
angelbutt = superabout = sitbm? shit...

diamond_galas posted:

now thats what i call forward-thinking electronic music!

I think this solidifies ken's status as horniest jew in the 'zone if it was ever in question

littlegreenpills posted:

i assumed we all hated vonnegut for being liberal and popular among boring people

naw we were talking about you. haha. just kidding.

for content: i read vonnegut and then i put cat's cradle, fuck & destroy, superfreakonomics as my favourite books on my okcupid profile.
lets just say things are going pretty well with ladies right now

People have the most boring taste in books and movies on okcupid

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

summarized kinda "reading ^___^"

which i guess is 2 be expected when you raise kids saying "its cool to read", like, words on paper are inherently nutritional and own

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

summarized kinda "reading ^___^"

which i guess is 2 be expected when you raise kids saying "its cool to read", like, words on paper are inherently nutritional and own

what would happen if you had a kid and didn't bother to teach them to read or educate them in any way before sending them to school? would the government punish you or something

most kids cant read when they first go to school i think? im p sure i was the only one in my class who could. which neatly explains the entirety of my subsequent neurotic development
when i went to school, i could read, but also a faggy irish kid who grew up to be a criminal could read also, his name was jamie

swirlsofhistory posted:

what would happen if you had a kid and didn't bother to teach them to read or educate them in any way before sending them to school? would the government punish you or something

lol are you serious? yeah i was the only kid who could read and didn't need like bob books when i went into 1st grade or w/e

they stuck me in the top level reading group when i was four and i hated it because there were all these boring words about characters having independently formed thoughts and agency and multidimensional relationships with each other and i wanted the big colourful books with pictures of cool things like bulldozers and puppies like all the other kids my age were reading
our parents gave us the gift of literacy, and we use it to call each other gaey on the internet with deliberately poor grammar. Revenge
i love gaeynez
for some reason i'm sure that my parents didn't help me to read, but then a while ago i was denying that i'd ever been potty trained and apprently that's like impossible
[account deactivated]
Early reading: i think we finally found the common thread for zzoners, if i have kids they're not going anywhere near the damn things.
[account deactivated]

Early reading: i think we finally found the common thread for zzoners, if i have kids they're not going anywhere near the damn things.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

uh no straight edge is generally an atheist movement what the fuck are you talking about

oh okay. my experience with straight edge consists of a quaker-cum-evangelical kid i knew in portland, a plotline involving mormon straight edge kids on the hit hbo series Big Love, and a muslim straight edge character in the film The Taqwacores, so i guess i was confused

no that's definitely a thing, there were tons of xtian hardcore kids in my white trash high school

Groulxsmith posted:

Eo why are you arguing with superabounf, whose parents were goons or something

naw dawg im the albatross/slow loris

the black man got sent out

angelbutt_dollface posted:

muslim straight edge character in the film The Taqwacores

incidentally a film based on a book that was based on a fictional subculture but which subsequently helped to inspire an actual subculture
i was reading the chronicles of narnia in 2nd grade and that is why to this day i am a catholic fuckshit would you like to learn more about jesus
[account deactivated]
ah normly cum butter
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
my gay 3rd grade teacher read us chronic-what-cles of narnia and that's why i'm both gay and catholic
its ok to be gay and catholic
[account deactivated]