Edited by blinkandwheeze ()

they should hold the presidential elections a year before the election campaigns conclude, but replace the electoral ballots with pogs. the presidential campaign would then be 2 candidates having massive pog battles across the country in each electoral districts until one gets 51% of the electoral pogs

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

aerdil posted:

how the hell do you not feel sad all the time you fucking weirdo

Because I have close friends, girls seem to like me, live in a beautiful city with a mild climate (you do too I know this!) and am reasonably prosperous. I just can’t wallow in sadness because I feel guilty about being sad because the majority of the world has it so much worse.

same, but dont have the friends closeby. it's like, i came from a small rural town, went to a good college w/ rich suburban kids, and now i guess I'm an urban yuppie with a good job. it's tremendously exciting for me to live in a city, where things are happening. but it's also sad because i miss all my degenerate buddies back home, they will probably never move here, and they are the best people.

I miss Saltovka!

[account deactivated]
animedad u must hang out with us one of these weekends. it has been fated. we discussed u

babyfinland posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Art is the supreme task and the truly metaphysical activity in this life.

in direct opposition to aesthetics, yes

have u guys seen drive. i saw it last night its pretty cool

drive is a bit over rated. "the warmth" is the best song off that album.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
100% best incubus song is this though

incubus where the main instrument is an acoustic guitar is so cosmically wrong. incubus is about way more than that.

Impper posted:

animedad u must hang out with us one of these weekends. it has been fated. we discussed u

oh, that's funny because we discussed you too... during our own meeting.

[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

living for aesthetics

i still really, really don't know what this means

to ascribe one's life to a higher purpose. to become Pure, Just: Beautiful, Divine. each day is an added brushstroke, a missing piece added to a mosaic--the ultimate destination is death--Yes. but that is not the goal. the goal is to transform the body, the mind--The Soul--into a work of art, that will transcend time, and humanity: to ascend the celestial, alongside God

This but uhh, un ironically.

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

BUT DO YOU LIKE INCUBUS

this is the only thing i think about when incubus is mentioned

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

stegosaurus posted:

I have no real grounding, I've read parts of capital once and only passages of the grundrisse, I gave up on ancient philosophy, I skip around, I dont follow through on things, like this article on the mormon left I was going to write, or another article on workplace safety during the cultural revolution, or one about roman religion expanded from a seminar paper. I also dont do anything except donate books or money to things, I'm a lamer for sure.

on the other hand, who cares
i'm a chillean marxo teen

jools posted:

stegosaurus posted:
I have no real grounding, I've read parts of capital once and only passages of the grundrisse, I gave up on ancient philosophy, I skip around, I dont follow through on things, like this article on the mormon left I was going to write, or another article on workplace safety during the cultural revolution, or one about roman religion expanded from a seminar paper. I also dont do anything except donate books or money to things, I'm a lamer for sure.

are you trying to claim this? i find it hard to believe Jools, i suspect you had a rather classical british education

I literally just now read Euthyphro.

Now, then, I must wonder - what is trolling? One of you wiser, younger posters must know.
Trolling is the highest form of debate or dialogue. Higher than earnest philosophy because by it's very disingenuousness frees it from the shackles of sincerity or "logically-deduced" and passionately held convictions
confession: i rigorously and comprehensively read all of that shit, not just the primary texts but also a lot of the secondary materials. but it doesn't amount to anything except for a lot more masturbatory thoughts and, well.... u can see for yourself...

jools posted:

stegosaurus posted:

are you trying to claim this? i find it hard to believe Jools, i suspect you had a rather classical british education

i got a decent secondary education otoh i dropped out of university and am now NEETing

Trolling is the highest form of debate or dialogue. Higher than earnest philosophy because by it's very disingenuousness frees it from the shackles of sincerity or "logically-deduced" and passionately held convictions

But then what is passion? Nobody is wont to troll without motivation, and most trolls only feign that they "do not care," only saying that "nobody cares" in an attempt at demoralization.

What is genuine? A troll isn't bound by anything - it is unshackled from all things, even itself and the concept of reason. Trolling might be disingenuine from the perspective of an imperceptive reader, but it is always wholly true to itself, and a pure expression of the will and power of the troll.

AmericanNazbro posted:

i grew out a beard, even though it's slightly patchy.

Same here brother.

This is the best incubus song, its the JAM!

Tuune!

Here in the rhizzone we, like most politically inclined young people, like to hold forth on great matters and pontificate about the world like we’re pretty important and knowledgeable. These days, it seems the greatest sin of all to say “I don’t know”. No doubt there are many huge gaps in our knowledge that we all try and paper over or skid through on some slippery half-truths or cribbed knowledge, so let’s try and get these out in the open as a sort of…self-criticism of the digital age…..

PLEASE! NO IRONY!

I’ll start:

I have absolutely no fucking idea what “ontology” means

ontology, for a layman definition, is the study of how you can scientifically (i.e. systematically) come to understand/structure material reality. for example, orientalism (in its strictly discursive structure) relies on the ontological presupposition of there being an actual geographical/cultural/anthropological space which can risked being called the "orient."

jools posted:

jools posted:
stegosaurus posted:

i got a decent secondary education otoh i dropped out of university and am now NEETing

what do you fill your days/wallet with

coincidentally, orientability depends on the ability for one to make a consistent choice of a surface normal vector at every point of an object, and we all know asians are good at math
i think it also means having standardsa nd not justsleeping with everyone u can

VanguardYouAndDie posted:

But then what is passion? Nobody is wont to troll without motivation, and most trolls only feign that they "do not care," only saying that "nobody cares" in an attempt at demoralization.

What is genuine? A troll isn't bound by anything - it is unshackled from all things, even itself and the concept of reason. Trolling might be disingenuine from the perspective of an imperceptive reader, but it is always wholly true to itself, and a pure expression of the will and power of the troll.

I care....I care about dialogue, about discourse, about ideas...in fact i care about them so passionately that it seems ludicrous to restrict a discussion of ideas to viewpoints or frameworks that I truly believe.

Confession: i miss the idiotic pomp, humour and bluster of westminster parliamentary politics and would dearly miss it under communism.

i mean just look at this glorious idiocy

i think dialectics are just a fancy word for taking allegedly educated guesses based upon subjectively biased reductionism; why yes significant parts of reality can be viewed as processes in flux existing due to the dynamics of opposite forces so let's make wild predictions about how these conflicts 'ought to resolve', hegel was a hippie.

by this i mean that i too don't really know what dialectics mean and yet i'm loathsome enough as to make such pompous value calls.

jools posted:

jools posted:
stegosaurus posted:

what do you fill your days/wallet with

ive been able to get a lot of reading done and i just do stuff that doesnt cost any money (cos i dont have any really). to be honest what i'm most worried about is that i don't find all this as bad as i feel i should.

although money would be cool so im still trying to find a job