three hours after George "Hot Wheels" Bush threw up all over the dick and balls of Miyazawa Kiichi on camera, a man named James Smith called CNN Headline News and told them he was Bush's doctor, and that the president was dead. CNN believed him, and because CNN Headline News was run by a computer, the news anchor was about to announce Bush's death live to the world when someone shouted for him to stop. Smith had left his phone number with the CNN news desk when he called, because he knew he'd done nothing wrong, and when the Secret Service caught up with him, the Bush president had Blessed James Edward Smith committed to an asylum as punishment for insolence before the throne.

Anyway i bet if they had better computers back in 1992, the same thing would have happened and also there would have been a bunch of Web browser games about it, like all the ones about Cheney shooting that 78-year-old man, but instead it's Bush aiming vomit blasts at a mega-racist Fu-Manchu sort of guy.
im having a depressive episode and playing morrowind
disco elysium is good
decided to go back to metal guys 5 after two years. I started it up and found myself right at this video game’s supposed difficulty spike, an airfield fight with a bunch of teleporting soldiers with rocks for armor who appear right next to you and hit you with swords until you’re dead. One of them instantly brought my health down to 0 and so everything went slow motion, I guess to let me get away or heal myself. Instead i just held down the shoot button for two minutes and massacred all the ultra-killer teleport guys one by one while they flailed around extremely slowly and couldn’t do anything. I literally answered a text message on my phone at the same time. Game of the Year
i played a huge number of video games consecutively

swampman posted:

i played a huge number of video games consecutively

nice work swampman-kun

i have been playing Doom (1994) and Doom II (1994) but not Doom (2016)
thinking about playing a huge number of video games concurrently
took fourth place in the new cogmind release (highest score that isn't using the new gimmick no-preparation-necessary late game 'build'!) and now im finally trying out slay the spire. its aesthetically repugnant and I resent people calling it a roguelike, but it's a good game. I still suck at it but im learning

beeturia posted:

disco elysium is good

this is currently on sale on steam for 15 bux so i picked it up - it beetur be good

to revanchol
started playing TES4 after years of putting it off because "not morrowind", "level scaling", "constant CTDs"

it's beautiful
Hagenaars et al, "Tetris and Word games lead to fewer intrusive memories when applied several days after analogue trauma," European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 2017

Constantignoble posted:

Hagenaars et al, "Tetris and Word games lead to fewer intrusive memories when applied several days after analogue trauma," European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 2017

this is one of the papers that i am always ominously alluding to in my Tetris posts in all the previous threads

i have an 11 win streak on wordle and i have to admit it makes me feel better
wordle is alright, but have you tried quordle??

www.quordle.com
1 FOR 1 BOOYAKSHAKA

TEETH really threw me off because it uses 2 letters twice and it's also bullshit that they used a letter of the greek alphabet, but i handled it like a champion
quordle is great but have you tried sexaginta-quattuordle
https://64ordle.au
i recommend https://semantle.com/
is there a maoist equivalent to wordle

lo posted:

is there a maoist equivalent to wordle

protracted peoples war

red guardle

damoj posted:

The Assassination of Edward Sallow by Arcade Gannon
i started a new game of fallout 3 using the fwe wanderer modpack. it let's you pick ghoul as your race and you get to skip the normal beginning and start in D.C. in the Underworld. recommended.
there's something so comforting about walking around the ruins of D.C. - especially since i grew up around there
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/xb88he/made_a_little_memorial_for_the_queen_blueprint_is/

Populares posted:

by the Twink Arcade Gannon

back on that bullshit

im playing pyanodons mod for factorio. i am just starting to set up a rail network so im pretty early in the game. if one of the legendary posters wants to embark with me on a lifelong gaming experience that will keep pesky family and opportunities at bay, i am willing to start a fresh multiplayer map with you.
gamer question. my friend is having nightmares. i want to suggest they start playing a game like Tetris to suppress the nightmares. what's a game that has made regular appearances in your dreams?
i don't think i've ever dreamed about games and don't play them anymore, however a phenomenon similar to the mechanic of 'save states' is a regular feature. this makes dealing with 'nightmares' a different process; cyclical, nonlinear, branching, a different feeling of agency that makes the fear 'solvable' or at least lessened through repeated encounters from multiple angles.

swampman posted:

gamer question. my friend is having nightmares. i want to suggest they start playing a game like Tetris to suppress the nightmares. what's a game that has made regular appearances in your dreams?

stellaris, alas

as a kid I used to dream about new platforming strategies to make it through Donkey Kong Country levels