cars posted:

probably the best story about the Wachowskis and The Matrix is when they said they wanted to give the agents Desert Eagles, and their hired gun nerd threw a tantrum and whined that deagles were "wanker" pistols, and the Wachowskis laughed at him and said Yeah we're definitely giving them that specific gun then.

in the 1999 film, the character of Switch was originally intended to be male in the real world and female in the matrix, but the idea apparently caused warner bros great anguish and foot-stomping, so the role was cut down to just a cis woman who has like two lines and then dies

all the stuff about that vis-a-vis the wachowskis' personal lives aside, it's interesting to me because by now "person exploring their gender identity by presenting a different way online" has become such a commonplace that if they were to resurface and spotlight that concept in 4, it would be almost trite

yeah the trailer for Matrix 4 is like 50% a blatant mega-troll in a way only it could be. like it cuts from someone choosing the red pill right to “Directed by Lana Wachowski” lol
Oh wow matrix online, someone who was doing worse than star wars galaxies.
i think of this a lot

I will soon play the game Advanced Dungeons and Dragons again with a poster from here. The state of the forums is strong.

cars posted:

yeah the trailer for Matrix 4 is like 50% a blatant mega-troll in a way only it could be. like it cuts from someone choosing the red pill right to “Directed by Lana Wachowski” lol

i hope that's the case because it felt more like a "hey everyone, remember pills and streaming binary and wacky stuff?!" cash grab. kind of like with fallout and the vault boy/war never changes bit that gets trotted out every time

I do not understand the use of the word "hope" to describe the upcoming 4th movie in a series that ended 18 years ago having a trailer that is 50% a mega-troll over the online slang it accidentally created
~leaning my face against my hand & looking out at the autumn leaves~ Gee i'm so sick of cynical cash grabs, I hope the new Superman movie trailer has a part where he tells someone to NOT watch him superman that ho.
I am playing The Yakuza O about the business miracle of the 1980s and the success of trickle down economics

started doing a nwn playthrough as a druid and i've never felt more useless
Cool guys don't look at explosions

招瑤 posted:

started doing a nwn playthrough as a druid and i've never felt more useless

original campaign?

yup.. maybe act 2 will be my time to shine
on the one hand: 3/4 BAB full caster. on the other hand: the game is bad
well shit

at least until i get some levels im just a bad fighter with some cantripes who can helpfully turn into a badger

damoj posted:

I love famous Communist Leader Bernie Sanders

zhaoyao posted:

well shit

at least until i get some levels im just a bad fighter with some cantripes who can helpfully turn into a badger

how did it go? did you enjoy collecting 4 items from each of the 4 compass points in every chapter and rolling on loot tables?

tears posted:

how did it go? did you enjoy collecting 4 items from each of the 4 compass points in every chapter and rolling on loot tables?

just because its a bad game doesn't mean i don't have nostalgic baggage from 20 years ago tied up in it

play shadows of undrentide, everyone says its better, which probably means its worse, but it would be good if you could take a look so we can update the rhizzone gaming wiki with a definitive answer for the lurkers, the lack of clarity is making me nervous :sweat_drop:
it's a nice thought that they made any of your actions actually effect your lawful/chaotic alignment unlike in the main campaign. it would be nicer if it had been thoughtfully implemented. deekin is jar jar binks? whole thing seems rushed & ought to have been dragged out w at least 2x as much grinding on 8xp opponents
good points, halving the XP rewards and expanding chapter 1 to be about collecting 8 escaped pokemon would have made for a better introduction to the world of video games
the setting is cooler than the sword coast anyway. flying city beats magically warm enough to be habitable city any day of the week
ihouldnt really be shilling video games but have u played the new Pathfinder one?
na what's up w it
its trash