Space force
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
"Space fleet" redirects here. For the Games Workshop board game, see Space Fleet.
Not to be confused with Space Force. For other uses, see Space Force (disambiguation).
A space force is a military branch that conducts space warfare. Currently, one country has previously had an independent space force. The Russian Space Forces was an independent organization that existed from 1992 to 1997 and from 2001 to 2011; it was reestablished in 2015 as a branch of the Russian Aerospace Forces, similar to how Air Force Space Command is a component of the U.S. Air Force. A space force is almost always a part of the air force, which may function as an air and space force or as an aerospace force, as the United States Air Force does.

In an announcement on June 18, 2018, U.S. President Donald Trump proposed the establishment of the United States Space Force as the sixth branch of the U.S. Armed Forces. In a speech made August 9th 2018, United States Vice President Mike Pence announced a plan to create the proposed service by 2020.

Current space forces and military space commands
China People's Liberation Army Strategic Support Force
France French Joint Space Command
Russia Russian Aerospace Forces
Russian Space Forces
United Kingdom Royal Air Force
RAF Air Command
United States United States Air Force
U.S. Air Force Space Command
See also
Militarisation of space
References
https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2018/06/21/as-trump-pushes-for-separate-space-force-russia-moves-fast-the-other-way/
"About Us". Air Force Space Command.
Moorehead, Richard D. (July–August 2004). "Will We Need a Space Force?" Military Review. p. 50–53.
Moncrief, William S. (Winter/Spring 2010). "Building a United States Space Force". Army Space Journal. p. 34–38. Archived from the original on February 15, 2013.
"Space Force and Air Force will be 'separate but equal' branches,to stop space isis [President Trump says". CNN. KNXV-TV. June 18, 2018. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
"". CNBC. August 9, 2018. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
Chapter 23: Joint Operations". Operational Law Handbook. U.S. Department of Defense. 2015.
i'm doin my part
i seem to have been redirected here by mistake
it owns that we are powerless to stop probably one of the dumbest guys ever to live
[account deactivated]

gay_swimmer posted:

it owns that we are powerless to stop probably one of the dumbest guys ever to live

trump is the greatest living exponent of failing upwards

here's a tip: aim for the nerve stem, and put it down for good
chose an avatar
this thread is now about the science of dowsing and dowsing techniques

spice not water

Edited by beeturia ()

can anyone help me with my divining rod, im trying to dampen its responsiveness to ideomotor reflexes
spice force, donald trump's spice force
dowsnald trump

ialdabaoth posted:

can anyone help me with my divining rod, im trying to dampen its responsiveness to ideomotor reflexes

yes

thanks it works better now
[account deactivated]
recall that iconic scene in Dr Strangelove where Slim Pickens is riding a nuke on its way down. now play it in reverse. thats space force.
i'm gonna join the space force and be a space man

drwhat posted:

i'm gonna join the space force and be a space man

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine AM
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone
Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man

toyotathon posted:

mike pence insistent that space force have cavalry

Space horse

Lockheed Martin has developed a 35 billion dollar dowsing skunkworks. Helping defense contractors find unexploited funding pools.

gay_swimmer posted:

my condolences to people afflicted with the malady you describe, which i neither share nor understand

imo this thread is embarrassing and should be gassed. sorry damoj.

cars posted:

we can talk about dowsing if you want

cars posted:

you say that about every thread that isn't about the science of dowsing and dowsing techniques. don't you want to be in the space force

water witching on earth is easy mode dowsing. there will be a huge demand for experts in this field on mars
this thread is now about rhabdomancy
joining the space force to change it from within and sparking a space mutiny on the mars colony. i pitched it to comrade rapone and i already have an interview set up on the troop podcast.

ilmdge posted:

I agree. This is what Chairman Bob has described as "elasticity", or as Lenin declared, the task of a truly LF off-site is not to declare that it is impossible to renounce all compromises, but to be able, through all compromises, when they are unavoidable, to remain true to its principles, to its class, to its revolutionary purpose, to its task of paving the way for revolution and educating the mass of the people for victory in the revolution.

ilmdge posted:

i have accces to a primo supply of organic shade-grown yarrow stalks and am willing to act as a go-between with the farmer for anyone interested

this is actually not a joke. no pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer etc, grown in a wooded holler in the rural south. these yarrow stalk are about as legit as you could hope to ask for anywhere
*reverse shot, i'm nodding* Now Y-rods, that's something you don't see a lot anymore. i see everyone out there with a pair of copper nowadays, pure copper or 99%, *reverse shot, ialdabaoth is drinking from a glass* and i ask them if they're looking for gold, pure gold? and *reverse shot, shaking my head now* you'll be missing some amazing platinum at Santa Monica without Mary the Jewess in your pocket, that's all I'll say.
now don't sell me a dog cars *spitoon rings* you know i don't understand all your big city talk i know as sure as hogs know a chesnut that you can't consult i ching with a pair of solid gold dowsin rods
[account deactivated]
you hold them straight and level, and the Goddess makes em pull toward where the water is
[account deactivated]
well why would the water witching rod pull to it if it weren't water
Well i agree it's not a good return if you're talking rods, gold rods would get you copper, pure gold will get you pure copper, that'll help you if you're after, well, i shouldn't say *scattered laughs from audience* now folks, come on, let's not get the feds after me, *more laughter* no, you can find plenty of artifacts up in Manitoba that way, Great Lakes region. And copper's two fifty a pound, that isn't worth it, folks. But for rods your 99% copper Ls pull at 99% gold but everyone's out there now with them, I mean, ninety nine gold is a uh, a nice thing but think what they're not finding out there. It's madness. They think it's electric--electricity, but it's [indistinct] *applause*