Anyone who posts in this thread that vegetarianism is "more expensive" or "less healthy" than murder, that it's a bourgeois lifestyle choice to not participate in murder, or that we can't care about murder while there are humans suffering, will be deep fried
ground floor
[account deactivated]
morrissey: "Meat Is Murder"
also morrissey: "London is second only to Bangladesh for acid attacks. All of the attacks are non-white, and"
.....and murder is good!

Petrol posted:

morrissey: "Meat Is Murder"
also morrissey: "London is second only to Bangladesh for acid attacks. All of the attacks are non-white, and"

Please clue me in on what you are implying so I can vote this down and then ban the dying shit out of you

toyotathon posted:

today's wealth of drugs in the market is because of yesterday's enhanced interrogation of mice

I was inspired to make this thread because chicken wing prices in Amerika are at an all time low, because a main purpose of our lifestyle is chicken torture

i didn't get anything from Petrol's post besides a slam on morrissey, unless that's why you are implying the ban

i'm not vegetarian, currently and to my great shame, but here is a vegan sour cream recipe that is dynamite:

1/2 cup soaked cashews (cashews soaked in water overnight)
3-4 tablespoons water
splash apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon lime juice

Eat bourgeois flesh u lame veggies

swampman posted:

Please clue me in on what you are implying

nothing about vegetarianism. anything that reminds me of morrissey is very upsetting in light of his recent remarks and i'm just trying to work through my feelings. i have like four morrissey shirts in my wardrobe i can't wear now lest i be mistaken for an oddly sensitive nazi.

Phew, its a relief that my irrational and dangerous anger will have to stay bottled up for now
I dare someone to make an anti vegetarian post in this thread. I triple dare you, grandmotherfucker
I hate vegetarians because they're right

pescalune posted:

I hate vegetarians because they're right

The struggle is f*kin real, dog

[account deactivated]
I was raised with the belief that if it didn't include meat it wasn't a meal. That's been pretty difficult to dispel. Since then I've made an effort to reduce how much meat I eat, but I usually feel vaguely dissatisfied and even hungry after a vegetarian meal. The "meat-potatoes-and-veg" mindset is a poisonous one
just another petty-bourgeois western parasite, destroyin' the earth one burger at a time
i am omnivorous and dont feel bad about it, but i think its really messed up that meat eaters try to shit on vegetarians, i dont get it at all. like, maybe if militant vegans upset you, you have some unresolved feelings about eating meat that you need to deal with. just my 'two cents'.
[account deactivated]
Correlation is not causation, who is this Diogenes scrub?
[account deactivated]

pescalune posted:

but I usually feel vaguely dissatisfied and even hungry after a vegetarian meal.

Eat billions of lentils yo

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I started being a vegetarian like half a year ago, and it's been pretty easy and good for me personally. I can kind of see where people who complain about vegetarian/vegan diets being inaccessible come from, because it's been claimed by the "wellness" industry, sold with an enormous markup, and advertised by obnoxious instagram pseudocelebrities, meanwhile food deserts are a very real issue creating large disparities in health between races in the country. Of course, those who complain don't want to think about trying to make those objectively better diets available to poor people and people of color, they just want to feel superior to anyone who advocates for a better diet for their principled stance of "not making any changes in their own life at all." Plus they can get good cred from the online activist community for their epic takedown of rich vegans. Instead, they should be working for getting good rep here, on the Rhizzone.
Although, I do not consider meat to be murder even if it will eventually lead to the extinction of all humans so technically it is genocide but what isn't these days? There is no such thing as non-genocidal consumption under capitalism.
I think my substantial objection is to factory farming, which is inarguably horrifying, rather than meat eating per se. I still probably wouldn’t eat meat otherwise, but I don’t have strong opinions on that either way. Also I don’t really feel bad at all about eating non-amniotes. Maybe this makes me a callous monster. You be the judge

Edit except octopus. I don’t eat that either

Edited by Ruzbihan ()

swampman posted:

I should eat lentils more, but its definitely a psychological as opposed to physical thing

Lentils are very good.
hay just here to say that if you don't have it in you to go vegetarian (like you probably should, personally i'm not either), you should consider at least cutting pork out of your diet. pigs are undoubtedly the most intelligent livestock animal and at least the second most poorly treated under standard factory farming practices. i'm not as sure about this part but i think it's probably the most environmentally problematic as well? it's also a particularly minor adjustment even if you don't live in places with a lot of jews and muslims like me (I can only imagine it's even easier when kosher/halal is a regular option)
[account deactivated]
sheep flesh is probably the most environmentally sound of the supermarket meats. no-ones ever figured out how to really factory farm sheep (which is why it's the most expensive) and they mostly eat grass, clover and silage grown on marginal land; human-edible grains are usually only given as supplements. It also tastes like ass so you won't want much of it

pescalune posted:

swampman posted:

I should eat lentils more, but its definitely a psychological as opposed to physical thing

There is not a solid line between psychological and physical. You have to change your behavior, not your attitude, to affect your bloodied psyche. You're used to getting a quick shot of fat and protein, but you will actually feel more satiated if you eat peas and other legumes.. I promise u

thirdplace posted:

if you don't have it in you to go vegetarian

toyotathon posted:

t's not all or nothing

Lots of equivocation from murderers itt

The most ethical meat is IDF and the second most ethical meat would be from a sheep that voluntarily donates its wool to the IDF
Only people who have been picked up by their legs and manually spayed without anesthesia and then put into filthy solitary confinement to nurse their abscesses until they are finally slaughtered in an abattoir with thousands of their screaming cousins have the moral high ground to decide whether to eat meat or not

e: Or people who are indigenous to extreme northern latitudes where meat is mostly the only available food, and those people have basically suffered that much already anyway
[account deactivated]
i have to draw the line at the singling out of women to be especially equated with animals. it is quite possible to care about cruelty in dairy farming without doing this
[account deactivated]
Animals should be treated with the same respect that we would also like to see extended to humans if we had any say in the matter. Empire's control of bodies and reproduction can't be separated into plant, animal and human types, they are all of a kind, extending from raw materials to microbes to goats to your mother. So recognize that female biology is exploited across class, race, and species, or die trying