whats the deal with those avs are they all the same character or do they all just look the same because the art is bad
i hated homestuck back when it was cool

Superabound posted:
the last webcomic i read was Forming by Jesse Moynihan and thanks for reminding me of this thing because i realized i havent read it in a long time

he's cool

I don't care about wddp or any of this bullshit, I also don't care about your boring lives and mental problems. I thought this forum wasn't supposed to be the refuse of WDDP which is the refuse of LF which was the refuse of D&D. Anyway this forum is horrible now, figured I'd drop by and say that since no one else seems to be able to do anything about it.

babyhueypnewton posted:
I don't care about wddp or any of this bullshit, I also don't care about your boring lives and mental problems. I thought this forum wasn't supposed to be the refuse of WDDP which is the refuse of LF which was the refuse of D&D. Anyway this forum is horrible now, figured I'd drop by and say that since no one else seems to be able to do anything about it.

i've been chuckling quite a bit recently, actually.

ok whats really bothering you huey
actually ive been hanging out a lot with occupy university and it's great and people irl are intelligent, friendly, social, and not broken. talking about lacan and marx and cool stuff, basically what i wish this forum was about. i dunno if it's the internet or the people who inhabited lf but this place is toxic.

babyhueypnewton posted:

oh is that what it was? i thought they were just having a discussion on tone arguments, hashing it out via a tone arguments.

Us cool ppl: hated by poverty tourist rapists since 20??

babyhueypnewton posted:
actually ive been hanging out a lot with occupy university and it's great and people irl are intelligent, friendly, social, and not broken. talking about lacan and marx and cool stuff, basically what i wish this forum was about. i dunno if it's the internet or the people who inhabited lf but this place is toxic.

i havent really gotten this impression from rhizzone, tbh. i'm genuinely curious what you mean.

that wasnt really a rape lol
i dont care what happens in platform impper
it's been pretty flooded the last couple weeks with lame personal chat and now with 'dp stuff but this too will pass imo

babyhueypnewton posted:

yeah someone should really do something about the lack of good posts. if only there were something to be done. oh well. have fun with your life

It is really disturbing though how everyone on this forum and wddp has some kind of dirt which is brought out whenever they piss someone off or even just to bully them. It's like the Magic club at high school, all the nerds hate each other but they have no one else to hang out with and everyone makes fun of them. Even I do it, I've exploded at babyfinland, IWC, maggotmaster, and other posters for the tiny snapshot of their lives that I have through the internet.

Why can't we have a forum where people discuss leftist theory, books, economics, philosophy with a high entry level of knowledge without it turning into crap? I dunno, revleft is even worse, D&D is obviously unreadable, something wrong with the internet as a medium. Anyway I'm getting my thoughts out irl now, don't need to deal with this bullshit. Good to know wddp is as terrible as ever though.
yes, why cant we have that indeed.

babyhueypnewton posted:
It is really disturbing though how everyone on this forum and wddp has some kind of dirt which is brought out whenever they piss someone off or even just to bully them. It's like the Magic club at high school, all the nerds hate each other but they have no one else to hang out with and everyone makes fun of them. Even I do it, I've exploded at babyfinland, IWC, maggotmaster, and other posters for the tiny snapshot of their lives that I have through the internet.

Why can't we have a forum where people discuss leftist theory, books, economics, philosophy with a high entry level of knowledge without it turning into crap? I dunno, revleft is even worse, D&D is obviously unreadable, something wrong with the internet as a medium. Anyway I'm getting my thoughts out irl now, don't need to deal with this bullshit. Good to know wddp is as terrible as ever though.

i made a cool post about a great book i read recently

mistersix posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

yeah someone should really do something about the lack of good posts. if only there were something to be done. oh well. have fun with your life

last time i tried I was flooded with personal attacks and derailed the thread. because I've tried really hard to keep personal information off lf and clearly I slipped up one time that's what matters now. the derail is already coming.

i actually like your posts mistersix but I already tried psting to make this forum better and it doesn't work, it's systematic.

if it helps i thought the hissy fits every1 was throwing were pretty ridic
lol
lol @ everything & every one of you
kool little eichmann is here

LittleEichmann posted:
lol @ everything & every one of you

yeah exactly. fuck these fuckers.

babyhueypnewton posted:

It's not everyone fyi it's just people like you who make posts about How They Raped.

babyhueypnewton posted:

one of the problems with a free and open society is that the rights and freedoms of everyone must tacitly be protected - even the most reprehensible opinions!

that's just the price we pay as a progressive community

i half-agree with you baby huey.

i think the internet is mostly for funny stories and bullshitting. when you try to turn it into a bunch of novices talking about something marx farted or whatever then things get a little weird. i used to get worked up about internet arguments and trolling people but now i just mostly have fun. when it isn't fun i take breaks.
What this forum needs is more meta-discussions about what everyone here is doing to ruin the forum experience.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

It's not everyone fyi it's just people like you who make posts about How They Raped.

shut the fuck up. i guess most lf people are used to being bullied and hating their loser friends but being stuck with them or being depressed and blaming it on privilege and envy of the rich, but I'm not. irl this would sort itself out but since that doesn't happen here i'm peacing out. and this is not a "meltdown" even though i'm sure you people will talk about it as such, i haven't posted in quite a while anyway.

babyhueypnewton posted:
shut the fuck up. i guess most lf people are used to being bullied and hating their loser friends but being stuck with them or being depressed and blaming it on privilege and envy of the rich, but I'm not. irl this would sort itself out but since that doesn't happen here i'm peacing out. and this is not a "meltdown" even though i'm sure you people will talk about it as such, i haven't posted in quite a while anyway.

How would this sort itself out irl? Are you internet tough guying right now? You're such a chauvinist it's hilarious.

Impper said he likes you on AIM. He likes Kobe too. What do y'all have in common again?

littlehulkstwer....
i swear to god i really hope this forum wasn't created for discussing leftist social theory or i am SO out
i really love kobe...

Groulxsmith posted:
i didn't know what home stuck is so i googled it and it's that thing a bunch of really bad posters used to have avs from

it's cool because you can always tell that a post on any site made with a homestuck avatar is both stupid and sincere

i pretty much just post thigns here as a sort of group-share thing for the people i talk to one on one. it works pretty nicely. also i promise to write articles for the frontpage and then dont do it, thats cool too.
baby huey finally went to an occupy thing, dropped his whole pretense of being a hardcore revolutionary bad ass and then came back to the forums to call everyone a bunch of assholes, he's got a new group of friends now who are way cooler and prettier

babyfinland posted:
baby huey finally went to an occupy thing, dropped his whole pretense of being a hardcore revolutionary bad ass and then came back to the forums to call everyone a bunch of assholes, he's got a new group of friends now who are way cooler and prettier

if you were his real friend, you would be happy for him like i am

sometimes if you love something you have to ~*let it go*~

elemennop posted:

babyfinland posted:

if you were his real friend, you would be happy for him like i am

ya of course i approve, i think its cute

mistersix posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

haha baby huey p newton raped someone and now hes having a meltdown