FRANCE
rhizzone.net
i tried to talk about this like a year ago, bringing up sakai and hammerquists work on the nature of fascism, because really i think that unless you actually define what you are talking about when you reference "fascism" then it becomes nothing but a rhetorical insult – britain is fascist, so is america, so is mexico and turkey and india and suddenly they're all fascist, which means that you have no real distinction between fascism and just bourgeoisie imperialist rule, which is not to say that for the majority of the world that is not its own horror. For me, the government in india is not the same as the government in britain, or japan, or colombia, and so to call them all fascist seems so...weak, erasing the distinctions and replacing the nuances of a geopolitical understanding of imperialism, neocolonialism and fascism with just....they're all fascist

For example if you are defining Britain as fascist now, then it has to have been always fascist – the british empire was itself fascist, unless someone wants to point to a particular point in history and say that was the crisis from which fascism was the only escape for an embattled bourgeoisie mired in crisis and no longer able to perpetuate its own rule? Now i don’t really care if you do chose to use a "reactionary dictatorship of the baddest elements of the bourgeoisie" as your definition of fascism, so long as you like say thats what you actually mean. But for me you cant compare britain now, with Mussolini's italy... it just doesnt work. Where was the crisis which the british bourgeoisie were not able to cope with? Where was the reactionary mass movement of non-proletarian strata which they turned to as a last resort? If the bourgeoisie are still in power imo it cannot be fascist because it is bourgeoisie rule, capitalist rule. Contrast that to how in Nazi germany hitler wasnt like taking orders from the bourgeoisie, they didnt say “invade here”, start a world war; or “kill all the jews” to their puppet, that was and is a defining aspect of western petty-bourgeoisie (and labour aristocracy failsons) conspiracy when met with proletarianisation, the desire to punch down, while also being super mad at those above.

Say take colombia, you need to explain a method whereby fascism can originate in a neo-colonial state independently of its neo-colonial master – im not saying its impossible, but if US backed repression in its neo-colonies is fascist, wheres the distinction between that and Britain in India? The paramilitarys in central and southern america, are they fascist, in that they represent a definite non-proletarian class element who wishes to rule instead of the bourgioisie to which they turn as a last resort? Or are they direct tools of imperialist repression, of the imperilist and neo-colonial bourgioisie?

in this way something like ISIS would much better fit the workings of fascism, in that it was something relatively new, unleashed by Amerikkkan and Saudi bourgeoisie rule, but not directly under their control, and wishing to seize state power for itself, and drive women back under mens boots, drawn in a large part from the middle strata of Saudi (and other) men who are confronted with a future where opportunities in the country are being cut, mad at their corrupt rulers and america, as well as those below them. And so this highly reactionary and dangerous non-proletarian male mass can be funnelled elsewhere and used for the ends of imperialism, but not, as with a paramilitary group in a neo-colony, directly taking orders to perpetuate neo-colonial exploitation by one of the main imperialist countries...

….just a thought

tears posted:

in this way something like ISIS would much better fit the workings of fascism, in that it was something relatively new, unleashed by Amerikkkan and Saudi bourgeoisie rule, but not directly under their control, and wishing to seize state power for itself, and drive women back under mens boots, drawn in a large part from the middle strata of Saudi (and other) men who are confronted with a future where opportunities in the country are being cut, mad at their corrupt rulers and america, as well as those below them. And so this highly reactionary and dangerous non-proletarian male mass can be funnelled elsewhere and used for the ends of imperialism, but not, as with a paramilitary group in a neo-colony, directly taking orders to perpetuate neo-colonial exploitation by one of the main imperialist countries...

i thought sakai outright said this somewhere(although he was talking about al qaeda rather than ISIS specifically since this was a while ago)?

That was Shock of Recognition. The kermitdribble post was actually down for a while but looks like its back up http://kersplebedeb.com/posts/the-shock-of-recognition/

lo posted:

tears posted:

i thought sakai outright said this somewhere(although he was talking about al qaeda rather than ISIS specifically since this was a while ago)?

he probably did, however in true western commie style i wrote that from half remebered bits of brain thoughts with no effort to check anything

rolaids posted:

That was Shock of Recognition. The kermitdribble post was actually down for a while but looks like its back up http://kersplebedeb.com/posts/the-shock-of-recognition/

This is a great article that I need to reread (since I’m rereading settlers too atm). thanks!

RHIZZONE 2011: no one here would believe this Chris Hitchens Islamo fascism stuff in a million years!

NARRATOR: They were right. It would take them seven years.
Hungary is CANCELED and Poland is officially On Notice, and that's the tea
Re: OP: Theres a case to be made for including United States of America on this list https://abc7ny.com/1204045/
usa is definitely fash at this point imo
https://www.barrons.com/articles/hungarian-stocks-look-cheap-as-growth-surges-1541792838

DynCorp-trained police are rolling through Port-au-Prince today and doing literal drive-by shootings

rolaids posted:

Thanks for this. it is indeed excellent.

Brazil...

shriekingviolet posted:

every time I see this somewhere I grow in power & become stronger

gorilla communes sounds p fucking sweet. wait this all sounds pretty fucking sweet
MAD-HOLE
COUNTRY OF THE SCREAMERS
kangarat murder society is the name of my darkjazz/mathcore band

Edited by Constantignoble ()

deez nutz