Cop Land, Demolition Man, Tango & Cash, Judge Dredd, Cobra
[account deactivated]
bumbling cops movie: star wars episode 2 attack of the clones
kindergarten cop

mathnet
cobra is so sick
do mall cops count because i can think of the perfect movie combining both the bumbling and super cop tropes
Thanks this is enough ideas, you all did great
e: For some perspective I also found this page very helpful http://www.gspolice.com/some-great-movies-starring-police-cars.php

Edited by swampman ()

swampman posted:

Working on a thread, could someone please suggest movies set in USA where a main protagonist is either: an extremely competent cop, or an extremely bumbling cop. Fargo for example shows a "supercop" and, while not the dumbnest of my dumb, I would say the cops in Witness are incompetent

still waiting for swampmans's "shitty cop movie" thread. cop-copro-propaganda

for examples of incompetent police may i suggest the movie www.youtube.com
wtf why did this get bumped
stop bumping old threads
it got bumped because belgend started a thread with the same topic and then parabolart posted a scrabble dictionary into it and i empty-quoted him, ruining that thread and forcing this one out of retirement to satisfy the ticket-holders. As forum mod, Gssh is not subject to any law of God or man.

kamelred posted:

wtf why did this get bumped

because someone had made a bad thread to discuss making more bad threads, and so i closed that one and pointed them to this already bad thread about bad threads, and then i read this thread (dont) and was reminded to check on swampperson about a bad thread idea on cop movies they were going to write.

that couldn't have been a scrabble dictionary, it didn't have 'aa' which shouldn't be inthe scrapple dictionary anyways
frankly. stop playing aa todd youre not going to beat me at scrabple with that shit

shriekingviolet posted:

priests advocating quietism to suppress the contradictions afflicting working people

Thanks, you mentioning this gave me the exact right term to think of; I've been talking a lot about this with a friend who's falling into religion because of being in a stuck position in life. I know if he improves his material conditions, things will be better, but I haven't been able to articulate a hundred percent just how much those who are urging him to get involved in a world of submission (inner peace) aren't helping him.

i think it would be nice to have a thread that does a struggle session on what the heck is going on in Xianjing
goatse.cx

Parenti posted:

i think it would be nice to have a thread that does a struggle session on what the heck is going on in Xianjing

i don't usually do mod-like actions so i want to state for the record that i moved that belgend thread to the trash just now, parabolart's post was bad for the server and bad for my phone and also bad as a post. belgend is good though

why has post volume fallen so much lately are you all on summer vacation

drwhat posted:

presuming to speak for everyone: just kinda sad and ground down, lately

it'll bounce back tho

Edited by Constantignoble ()

me too, which is why i've been loading the site up repeatedly and often enough to notice

makes sense.
we're in the pdf forum
[account deactivated]

Parenti posted:

look at a map and think about historical and current imperialist formations and efforts for a few minutes

chickeon posted:

Parenti posted:

look at a map and think about historical and current imperialist formations and efforts for a few minutes

organising an online struggle session online here about Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region[8] (Uyghur: شىنجاڭ ئۇيغۇر ئاپتونوم رايونى‎; SASM/GNC: Xinjang Uyĝur Aptonom Rayoni; Chinese: 新疆维吾尔自治区; pinyin: Xīnjiāng Wéiwú’ěr Zìzhìqū), really hashing it out online about Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region[8]

ialdabaoth posted:

that couldn't have been a scrabble dictionary, it didn't have 'aa' which shouldn't be inthe scrapple dictionary anyways

ive noticed that aa is the scrabble lava some people love to tell u about

playing scrabble with your family + new boyfriend your not that sure about as your dad plays "aa", one of three basic types of flow lava, for the second time
what are the other two scrabble lavas

drwhat posted:

i don't usually do mod-like actions so i want to state for the record that i moved that belgend thread to the trash just now, parabolart's post was bad for the server and bad for my phone and also bad as a post. belgend is good though

actually i'm bad to the bone, bucko

ialdabaoth posted:

no one around the table can be bothered to google it to check

ialdabaoth posted:

Tory and lamp

ive had less time to post as i often find myself in ur base killin ur d00dz