[account deactivated]
Reading a random comment on a DSA FB group today I parsed the phrase "we're trying to make a better org" as "make a settler org". Coincidence?

Keven posted:

Erasure is not permitted on the rhizzone. Posters may contribute freely.

you cant stop me keven

[account deactivated]

animedad posted:

they're all crap, just support black liberation orgs and sit down and stfu because you people do more damage than good

wtf..

support nat lib by pushing policies in your community that take the boot off chicanx, native, and black throats. sitting down and shutting up is the last thing people should do tbh. quietism and unlearning workshops have been a dead-end since the 90s, no reason to keep supporting that as if its helpful. rachel corrie should be your guide, not tim wise
I'm not interested in "isms" that you poorly learned and regurgitate to look like you know what you're talking about.
rude
an anime .........dad??
*headphones on, sunglasses looking fly. numb by Linkin Park blaring.*
let's get some nerds mad
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
before i go into this a bit i wanna say that i recognize animedad's post as more a throwaway thing than anything really developed, but it is a slackivist aphorism and as such i kinda want to address it. i agree with your post but not really your reading of animedad's. sit down and shut up is very different than join a national-liberation-focused org. ill grant that the suggested action includes 'support black lib orgs' but that means effectively nothing as the forum is (re?) learning with the ongoing reading of false nationalism false internationalism. there is no analysis of conditions, whether on a national or class basis, much less any praxis in the post. im going to assume the reason for this is another series of assumptions: that animedad is not particularly involved with their community, organizing, and that theyre likely white, as that type of saying is usually performatively offered up by well-meaning white 'allies' in an attempt to show people that theyre better than the rest and actually understand whats going on.

re: your post US urban centers also have a tendency to be draws for the over-educated, due to the massive increase in degrees (though we should be aware that this is partially a symptom of oppressed nations gaining more access to campuses that were previously majority/entirely white) and to fulfill their purpose of managing imperialism and finance capital with an ever-growing and parasitic managerial subclass. i have no difficulty believing that those on the northeast coast are especially susceptible to the thought patterns of the petit bourgeois due to their overbearing influence and this same region housing the majority of (largely liberal) pundits in this country. the fact that theres a billion lily (ivy?) white universities there is also a factor, this year's harvard class notwithstanding. from what ive heard, new york is especially bad, and the organizing scene is one of the most sectarian and least purpose-driven in the country. DSA obviously also has its own problems, but id imagine that NY's branch is dominated by brooklynites, who are basically poison.

AZ_IZ_OT posted:

e: here in NYC at least

e2: I'm basing this off watching an organizer wig the hell out at a bar

tell me moore

[account deactivated]
i meant telling us about an organizer flipping out a bar but this is good too
ugh...first of all, its called anime, dad
[account deactivated]
I felt that I'd been robbed. And I had been robbed-- of the only hope I had. By a group of people too cowardly even to know what they had done. And it didn't seem to me that they deserved any better than what they'd given me. I didn't care what happened to them, just so they suffered. I really didn't really much care what happened to me. But I wasn't going to let what happened to Rufus, and what was happening all around me, happen to eBay. I was going to get through the world, and get what I needed out of I, no matter how.

AZ_IZ_OT posted:

this place is 50% stressed-out organizers/theory nerds and 50% depressive goofballs,

WElcum 2 mAh ReAlm

hmm how odd the venn diagram for those two groups overlap 100%
[account deactivated]
any other fascinating articles about the DSA?

tears posted:

any other fascinating articles about the DSA?

proud to say i've read those articles
[account deactivated]
that's wonderful. has a certain artless quality to it
But Mooooom, I *am* subsidizing!
[account deactivated]
subsidies are the liberal left's "tax cuts". now where did i put my glasses cloth...
...fascinating
I wonder if i could sell McDonalds on their new slogan, "The Urgency of the Moment"
*hammering my fist on a big desk* Dont you appreciate the urgency of this moment? We need buttons damn it... STAT!!
Takeaways from yesterday: DSA supports BDS, YDS is now YDSA, DSA opposes Dems but not enough to pass a non-binding resolution against endorsing them or running their own candidates instead, and the new co-chair of YDSA shamed the convention after being informed DSA was attempting to pass resolutions while the youth convention was still going on by storming into the hall and shouting at them until they recessed. NPC elections results will be read tomorrow. Also ISO was talking shit about the Praxis Slate for some reason, at the table they were allowed to have for some reason, near the back of the hall.
[account deactivated]
Today's big news is the convention elected a cop (cop union organizer at Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas) to the National Political Committee. He hid this fact in his candidacy, only stating he represented "state workers". Astonishingly, he was co-chair of his chapter (Austin) and no one in his chapter seemed to know this. People who know him say he is a great organizer who has helped the chapter greatly. He will almost certainly be forced to resign imminently, though many of the convention attendees are in transit which will delay that a bit.

This has been today's Fascinating article about the DSA
Noted State Worker Joe Arpaio
i think its even more disturbing that they elected him despite knowing hes a texan
Austin dsa already defending the cop on facebook, but it might actually be him using that account

Congratulation dsa on your due diligence