sovnarcman can maybe weigh in, but looks like turkey recently made a significant public shift in legalizing cannabis cultivation for industrial and pharmaceutical use...here's erdogan reminiscing about his mum.

I remember my mother used to knit shopping bags that we could use when shopping. You don’t throw them away immediately, and go out shopping with them again. It is earth friendly, even if you wanted to dispose of it. These are made of cannabis.

this follows lebanon's similar mckinsey & co advised shift in the works from last year.

erdoğan is quite prone to make random proclamations (especially projects and shit) out of nowhere all of a sudden and sometimes it's to take the attention of media or people away from things but sometimes they turn out to be legit. i was thrown off by it as well but after seeing the name mckinsey now i feel like it s legit (even though i dont have any idea about the scale of the operation). mckinsey was hired as consultant for the economic policy of erdoğan and he loves to ruin the agriculture by promoting cash crops or let westerner conglomerates run food production (thanks cargill) and apparently hemp is getting more attractive as a cash crop as big tobacco conglomerates are thinking about switching or some shit. meanwhile food prices are skyrocketing and the government had to resort to "direct selling" where products bought from producers end up being sold in public places by the government or municipalties (there is like a big tent for sales in the most important square of istanbul for example) while getting rid of the middlemen to curb prices

edit: apparently erdoğan claimed that this will bring 100 billion dollars in revenue, even though growing hemp was already legal in some parts of the country for the last 3 years

Edited by sovnarkoman ()

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/cocaine-ship-jpmorgan-owns-vessel-seized-by-us-cbp-2019-7-1028340025
good background on some of the figures in epsteins little black book. connects it to the profumo affair which is what I've been waiting to see. http://visupview.blogspot.com/2019/07/epsteins-little-black-book.html

the 'goodfellas' series about trump's underworld connections goes into more detail about profumo (for the most part via roy cohn). his other stuff about le cercle and various parts of the fascist underground are good too. overall he's a 'deep politics' researcher that never veers into right wing conspiracy theory. highly recommended
meant to put that in the straight edge conspiracy thread but whatever
im gonna post it there because its great, thank

One piece of evidence for this consists in a meeting which took place in July 1999 in southern France near Nice, at the villa in Beaulieu of Adnan Khashoggi, once called "the richest man in the world." Those at the meeting included a member of the Yeltsin cabal in the Kremlin and four representatives from the meta-group, with passports from Venezuela, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Germany. Between them they allegedly enjoyed excellent relations with:

1) Ayman al-Zawahiri, the acknowledged mastermind of 9/11 and senior mentor to Osama bin Laden.

2) Soviet military intelligence.

3) the FARC, the Colombian revolutionary group that has become increasingly involved in the drug traffic.

4) the Kosovo Liberation Army, a similarly involved group.

5) (according to a well-informed Russian source) the CIA.
The third important proposition is that a meta-group of this scale does not just help government agencies make history. I hope to show that it, and its predecessors, are powerful enough to help make history themselves. However they do not do so overtly, but as a hidden Force X whose presence is not normally acknowledged in the polite discourse of academic political scientists. On the contrary, as we shall see, references to it are usually suppressed.

Been trying to find a source about this meeting for a while, any pointers?