http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-2-iowa-officers-killed-in-2-ambush-style-attacks/ar-AAjJhQi?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Two Des Moines area police officers were shot to death early Wednesday in ambush-style attacks while they were sitting in their patrol cars, and police are searching for suspects, authorities said.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired at 1:06 a.m. and found an Urbandale Police Department officer who had been shot. Authorities from several agencies saturated the area after that shooting, and about 20 minutes later discovered that a Des Moines officer had been shot in a patrol car at an intersection, Des Moines Sgt. Paul Parizek said. The shootings happened about 2 miles apart and both took place along main streets that cut through residential areas.
"There's somebody out there shooting police officers. We hope to find him before somebody else gets hurt," said Parizek, who stopped briefly during a news conference as he worked to control his emotions.
The shootings follow a spate of police killings, including ambushes of officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Five officers were killed in Dallas on July 7 and three were killed later that month in Baton Rouge.
Authorities in Iowa are developing suspect information but they have nothing that they are ready to share with the public, Parizek said. Officers are now conducting patrols in pairs for protection, he said.
"There is a clear and present danger to police officers," Parizek said.
Parizek said he wouldn't release more information about the shootings.
Urbandale Sgt. Chad Underwood said Urbandale officers are equipped with body cameras, but they don't run constantly and it's unclear whether there was video of the shootings.
Urbandale is a suburb of about 40,000 people in the Des Moines metro area with about 50 officers. Officials in Urbandale cancelled school for the day.
Des Moines has about 375 sworn officers.

Congrats on having your own police department, Urbandale.

Urbandale posted:

Des Moines has about 375 sworn officers.

Clever use of ambiguity so the editor doesn't have to do an article correction every time they lose another one

Good to see some positive news stories every once in a while, msm news is normally so grim
who has more info on how the panthers spawned after discussions of the snipers during detroit and other urban riots
welp, from the news chatter looks like it was just another confederacy-fellating sovereign citizen gone off his meds, not the phoenix rebirth of St. Dorner leading his people's revolutionary army to glorious victory over the police state.

better luck next time
i cant wait for comrade goatstein's article on why We The Left should support the sovereign citizen movement
Well the news won't stop bringing up black lives matter and the detroit shootings when they're discussing this as if they're the same thing (aaaaaaaaaaaaaa) so the rough sketch has already been prepared for him
That happened to a cop here 2 recently.
lol that Urbandale is the name of a real city. it sounds like a place a nicktoon lives
Hrmmmmm

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

lol that Urbandale is the name of a real city. it sounds like a place a nicktoon lives

One thing I've learned is everyone's web nickname is unbearably basic like 90s thriller computer password level obvious. Like I'm sure your real name is Stan Goat.

I never read Dorner's manifesto before, I didn't expect it to be so powerful

It’s kind of sad I won’t be around to view and enjoy The Hangover III. What an awesome trilogy. Todd Phillips, don’t make anymore Hangovers after the third, takes away the originality of its foundation. World
War Z looks good and The Walking Dead season 3 (second half) looked intriguing. Damn, gonna miss shark week . .

Hillary Clinton. You’ll make one hell of a president in 2016. Much like your husband, Bill, you will be one of the greatest. Look at Castro in San Antonio as a running mate or possible secretary of state. He’s (good people) and I have faith and confidence in him. Look after Bill. He was always my favorite President.
Chelsea grew up to be one hell of an attractive woman. No disrespect to her husband . . .

Larry David, I agree. 72-82 degrees is way to hot in a residence. 68 , degrees is perfect.

this is the best thing about the dorner manifesto

I thought this was going to be a prohunting response to the dog thread and was ready to dish out downvotes. Pleasantly surprised.
[account deactivated]
We do actually need a hunting thread
Hunting is camping during the rainiest time of year and if you're really lucky you get to pack hundreds of pounds of stinking raw flesh out on your back.
tips and tricks for trapping and killing poachers
[account deactivated]

Urbandale posted:

officers are equipped with body cameras, but they don't run constantly

Bahaha; baha, ha, ha.

i know who you are, Dorner and i know what they call you girl. i'll never put you down, dorner, i'm just like you, i'm on the hunt
funny how they often arrest the white shooter, but always manage to shoot the black...jaywalker, or whatever bullshit they use to justify. not in a haha way though.
remember how they literally blew up that rampage shooter who crashed a BLM rally a few months back. they strapped a bomb to a fucking robot and sent it in. they assassinated him with a land drone
I honestly forgot about the ominous robot bomb. So much has happened....
my guess is the national police tactic-sharing groups are recommending holding back on that method until a little time has passed. then when it happens again all the news stories will talk about how "some feel it establishes an unsettling pattern" or whatever, and lo and behold it will and there will be some casualties beyond the suspects. then the debate will be over whether urban anti-crime robot bombs should be used a lot of the time or only in the proper circumstances like that first time when it was good and right and safe and obviously required by the situation.