Hi lurkers from anarchist 8chan or whatreve. I'm literal stalin.

drwhat posted:

that sucks. they seem to have pretty ok content though, congratulations on having a post good enough to steal

they seem like they have garbage content for idiots.

blinkandwheeze posted:

drwhat posted:
that sucks. they seem to have pretty ok content though, congratulations on having a post good enough to steal

they seem like they have garbage content for idiots.

oh fuck they stole our tagline too?

i was investigating 'innovative, truly social' media group https://reported.ly/ (both to get some ideas on how they work that can be copied and understand where they fit... very progressive alqaida boosters, you know the kind); and found this interesting video they 'produced' on this gay google earth

Just noticed this one and remembered this thread.
hey tears

the last of my enemies lies dead
You really need to see Doha with your own eyes to understand how fucking terrible capitalism there is. Hour long traffic jams of nothing but SUVs - mostly Toyota Landcruisers - driven by underpayed Indian or Bengali drivers. In every parking lot is an Asian slave laborer, practically melting in the unbearable 45C degree heat, offering to wash cars by hand for the price of 30 Qatari riyal (about eight dollars) which only half of which is his to keep. Everything about the city, from it's layout, the attitude of the nationals, the soul-crushing daily routine of jumping from one air-conditioned work environment to another before retiring to a shitty beige-colored apartment building for the night, the slavish existence of abused and exasperated Filipino and Desi housemaids, whose lives consist of working in a stranger's home with no social life or interactions with the outside world, no friends or family they can talk to unless by phone, looking after obnoxious fucking spoiled Qatari kids whose incompetent and equally spoiled parents push out of sight while they blow money on European brands and pretend to be important in whatever office their uncle hired them to...

There is no worse place - outside the third world - to be a wage laborer than Qatar. It has one of the highest rates of depression and obesity in the world. Almost every office is wracked with blatant nepotism, incompetency of administration, uninspired and usually depressed workers who just want to get the fuck home so they can rest and then spend their night trying to untangle whatever fuck-up their shitty boss made in between shamelessly watching FIFA on blast in their office and berating the Bengali tea boys for literally anything they can.

There are so many fucking things wrong with that place that I can't commit to the hours it would take to write them down. Anyone who values lifestyle over wages should steer clear from the Gulf. The only exception is if you are willing to sacrifice your middle years to accumulating wealth enough to finance your children's future and a retirement somewhere far away from that hellhole. Many of the people I've met who came to work there quit and move back in less than four years, and those who stay usually keep themselves going by imagining the nice condo they'll buy back home once they get their severance package after enduring ten years of hell in one of the shitty office buildings in al-Dafna.
Saudi Arabia was the above with the added benefit of the mutawiun stalking you on the daily, in an attempt to catch you performing sorcery. I, of course, kept my wand and spell books hidden on the eighth lock in Moody's trunk. Makkah and Madinah were nice though.
Other than the heat, and switching out some of the nationalities of the underclass, that could all be written word for word about London, too.
i briefly re-read the op and damn i am glad i stopped smoking so much weed
Oh yeah I forgot Saudi existed. I mean, I sort of count it as a thrid-world nation in terms of poverty anyways. Though at least it has more than one city you can go to, and actual mountains and shit.

Edited by Fayafi ()

I wonder why those places are like that hmm.........
That's any anyone taken up Van Life. I was big into Vans life in the 90s http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/life/2017/10/21/toronto-couple-take-up-van-life-to-avoid-skyrocketing-rents-.html?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FKz4Z8q7ABk%3Famp%3D1
Being able to gracefully pivot to living in your car during periods of economically-mandated transience is "coveted lifestyle on social media"
Those people spent over 20 grand buying and retrofitting the car though, and balked on a 2,200 lease. I fucking hate how expensive this city is, but most people I know cannot pull off 1100$ rent neither buy a 20g vehicle.

Sorry not sorry that I don't have sympathy for the photogenic bohemian 'chaiwalas'
Like I'm suspicous of the media spinning the worsening first world standard of living as 'lifestyle choices', but for this couple it seems pretty voluntary.
it’s just a form of poverty tourism. parking at walmart is a nice touch though
tears have u had a chance to do google earth on a vive or oculus yet? our depressing cyberpunk future is now

tears posted:

I'll subsidize your weed habit if you write more cool posts like that

tears i still think about this thank you.

Dimashq posted:

tears posted:

I'll subsidize your weed habit if you write more cool posts like that

weed is so unhealthy though *bong huff like a 747 landing on a gravel road*

if i ever stop posting it will be because i smorked a lot of weed and bought an oculus
bump https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/03/climate/alaska-anwr-seismic-testing-tracks.html
https://vimeo.com/309715467?fbclid=IwAR1yojNrSU4NfxqCucrq6XMtF1GbMGLNp3zk3m5EbmYSD-XPoBasNNWzME4

parabolart posted:

https://vimeo.com/309715467?fbclid=IwAR1yojNrSU4NfxqCucrq6XMtF1GbMGLNp3zk3m5EbmYSD-XPoBasNNWzME4

Thankyou!

parabolart posted:

that's awesome

swampman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzGqIRGAEUI

2 Drunk Men Accuse Each Other Of Being In Wrong House, Both Are Correct
fun fact:

https://www.businessinsider.com/turkey-abandoned-disney-castles-villas-2019-1?r=US&IR=T posted:

As Turkey experiences an economic downturn, the project's developers have filed for bankruptcy protection, and buyers have backed out of their purchases.
The nation's castle-like homes now sit empty in the northwestern region.

maybe they should have just built like 300 identical crap castles instead of 732. unless this was intended from the start to be a the producers-style real estate hustle
wow a bunch of crackers telling us what we should have done instead!!!
the whole point of those homes is to entrap the type of people that would want to live in them and then blow them up, correct? i'm not saying it's right but it would be effective.

sovnarkoman posted:

wow a bunch of crackers telling us what we should have done instead!!!

real estate is cracker bait! was talking to an older one at a party yesterday. said we were moving in a couple months for work, first he asked me, oh what industry are you in? which was a sexist assumption cuz we're moving on account of my fiancee's job, who was standing right next to me. then he had a prepared speech about buying a starter home to build equity and trade-up. then in the same breath he lamented how home prices are so high for the young. like yeah that's what happens when generations of parasites trade-up for equity, from $0 land to present day. and we were like 3 blocks from the rancheria... oops, guess this post is about real estate too. anyway a favorite pic in white media is rows of empty houses, either in the southwest, or in china, or now yours in turkey, nothing gets the audience salivating more

one of the effort posts i'd love to write but definitely never will is about how much of middle class retirement/estate planning is, at least in its idealized form, less about saving up money that you will then spend than it is about accumulating capital to the point where you can spend your golden years living off its rents (and obviously home ownership is a linchpin of that)

like, the idealized neoliberal order is that you have a small minority of superrich who are bourgeoisie throughout their lives because, of course, they deserve it, but all other class demarcation is done in terms of life segments instead of population groups: prole for most of your life, bourgeoisie for the last part--a new answer to the perennial question of American liberalism "how do we prevent the proletariat from gaining class consciousness and uniting," traditionally answered by white supremacy

Edited by thirdplace ()

thirdplace posted:

one of the effort posts i'd love to write but definitely never will is about how much of middle class retirement/estate planning is, at least in its idealized form, less about saving up money that you will then spend than it is about accumulating capital to the point where you can spend your golden years living off its rents (and obviously home ownership is a linchpin of that)

like, the idealized neoliberal order is that you have a small minority of superrich who are bourgeoisie throughout their lives because, of course, they deserve it, but all other class demarcation is done in terms of life segments instead of population groups: prole for most of your life, bourgeoisie for the last part--a new answer to the perennial question of American liberalism "how do we prevent the proletariat from gaining class consciousness and uniting," traditionally answered by white supremacy

There's this whole movement of labor aristocrats into 'financial independence' I.e. achieving class ascension as quickly as possible. The idea is you work super hard, save and invest so you can do exactly that, live of rents during your later years. It's funny how they frame it in this 'we've figured out the game' type way. They sneer at the suckers who don't have the gumption to 'build equity'. It's an extremely bizarre form of class consciousness where they recognize that the key to freedom lies in escaping the proletariat, but achieving it as an individual family unit is the dream.