stalin.

tears posted:

stalin.

agree

an old hungarian guy came into my work the other day and went into a 30 minute politically charged, somewhat anti-semitic rant that ended with him saying 'Stalin killed millions of people, this I know... but change never comes easy'
Get that man an account!
good post on anarchists in the early soviet union

https://www.reddit.com/r/communism/comments/64wkgf/polemic_the_anarchokulak_bandits_of_russia_and/
tbh i don't think real anarchists would go around breaking NAP like that
i was going through some old SA threads and saw some discussion about the "Nazino affair".

is there any real information about this somewhere? all i'm finding is more anti-communist stuff

Synergy posted:

i was going through some old SA threads and saw some discussion about the "Nazino affair".

is there any real information about this somewhere? all i'm finding is more anti-communist stuff

it would be interesting to see someone independent look at the report from 1933. this event does seem to fall into the usual pattern for anti-communist propaganda against the USSR. The memorial society, which claims to have uncovered this report, has been proven to exaggerate and fabricate things to attack the legacy of the ussr. not surprisingly, it received decades of funding from the US government. then the story is picked up by anticommunist writers in the west, who can add additional fabrications, unreliable testimony, and mistranslated words.

at the end of the day the question has to be asked, so what if it is true? does that substantially change or impact a class analysis of the USSR?

Synergy posted:

The French historian Nicolas Werth, who earlier co-authored The Black Book of Communism, published the book Cannibal Island about the affair in 2006.

looks legit

as ive written before most anti-communist wikipedia pages quote exclusively from one or two sources which cite incestuously between themselves and tracking down any original evidence or primary docs is impossible because these people didn't actually use any opting for the more liberal-approved strategy of just making shit up