It's old and boring so it's perfect for u

littlegreenpills posted:

are there a bunch of people out there saying "capitalism is great we just need to clear white privilege from the entrepreneurial universe".

yes

LGP have you ever talked to a liberal?
Are there really a bunch of people there saying *the dominant form of the ruling ideology that you can hear by watching just one second of TV or talking to a normie*
nobody actually believes that they just dont have the words to phrase its opposite. everyone knows they work long hours for shit pay. nobody likes their job and everyone wants their boss dead. even if they don't know it yet. and the campaign against buttmad is a CIA financed operation to neuter the kaleidoscopic vitality of the english language
they know things are bad, but they also know to thank the LORD that they have freedom and dont' live in problematic soviet china where babies are made to crawl on treadmills 20 hours a day in order to power the oppression engines

littlegreenpills posted:

nobody actually believes that they just dont have the words to phrase its opposite. everyone knows they work long hours for shit pay. nobody likes their job and everyone wants their boss dead. even if they don't know it yet. and the campaign against buttmad is a CIA financed operation to neuter the kaleidoscopic vitality of the english language

To give just one example, the "Lean in" campaign is literally and exactly the kind of self consciously pro-capitalist identity politics you're saying doesn't exist. The problem is not capitalism, but how to ensure that individuals of means and ambition have equal opportunity to lord over their lessers, regardless of gender (or race, or creed).

Andrew Sullivan promotes a similar line in the gay rights movement, spearheading the long and very overt campaign to wrest gay activism away from the radical left and refocus it on integration within the existing political system.

The above doesn't describe all people involved in identity focused activism and discourse, of course. However, I'd argue that even for the many identity activists who acknowledge class issues, the additional focus on identity issues induces activism to shift away from revolutionary goals, which are extremely difficult to achieve, and towards the much more achievable goals of changing and policing identity related language and winning equal treatment under capitalism for marginalized peoples. I'm not suggesting those aren't worthy goals, but they are much less threatening to the state and the economic order than old school anti-capitalism.

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

However, I'd argue that even for the many identity activists who acknowledge class issues, the additional focus on identity issues induces activism to shift away from revolutionary goals, which are extremely difficult to achieve, and towards the much more achievable goals of changing and policing identity related language and winning equal treatment under capitalism for marginalized peoples.

this is of course largely impossible

interesting fact about 9/11: the planes were not half-empty as we were told but rather overbooked with people perpetrating the 9/11, via flying the plane, communicating with their governments or other organizations, organizing drum circles, distributing refreshments, carrying bombs they made, etc. a sampling of representatives on the planes:

-CIA
-NSA
-FBI
-AARP
-WWE
-Mossad
-Jews (general)
-Jews (for Jesus)
-Jews (cultural but not religious)
-Jihadis
-Ironic Jihadis
-Neo-Conservatives
-Neo-Nazis
-Neo
-Guys who picked on you in grade school
-Saudi Arabia
-The Russians
-The Mafia
-The Russian Mafia
-The Gay Mafia
-Three Six Mafia
-Saddam Hussein
-Osama bin Laden
-Hitler
-Bush (Hitler)
-Bush (Band)
-PBS
-The number 4
-SHIELD
-Washington generals
-Harlem globetrotters
-Vampires (cultural but not religious)
-The Trilateral Commission
-The Trillateral Commission
-Mongo (just a pawn)

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

To give just one example, the "Lean in" campaign is literally and exactly the kind of self consciously pro-capitalist identity politics you're saying doesn't exist. The problem is not capitalism, but how to ensure that individuals of means and ambition have equal opportunity to lord over their lessers, regardless of gender (or race, or creed).

Andrew Sullivan promotes a similar line in the gay rights movement, spearheading the long and very overt campaign to wrest gay activism away from the radical left and refocus it on integration within the existing political system.

The above doesn't describe all people involved in identity focused activism and discourse, of course. However, I'd argue that even for the many identity activists who acknowledge class issues, the additional focus on identity issues induces activism to shift away from revolutionary goals, which are extremely difficult to achieve, and towards the much more achievable goals of changing and policing identity related language and winning equal treatment under capitalism for marginalized peoples. I'm not suggesting those aren't worthy goals, but they are much less threatening to the state and the economic order than old school anti-capitalism.

Class is an identity too.

stability ops... is that what goatstein is doing?

chickeon posted:

op! op! op op! oppa stable style

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

chickeon posted:

op! op! op op! oppa stable style

heyy, steampunk wedding

laika posted:

Petrol posted:
let's not get too full of ourselves here. if jeffrey is as crazy as he seems to be, he will find no more personal meaning in a rhizzone thread about gangstalking than he would in, say, taylor swift lyrics, or the ingredient listing for a mcrib.

1) this isn't just about jeffery and 2) that's not necessarily true at all.

i still have fleeting thoughts that my life is kind of like The Truman Show and/or that people over the internet are stalking me but i now know that they're not real and i don't act as if they are. all the medications and therapy in the world won't make those things completely go away. it's not my fault that i have those thoughts and there's nothing inherently wrong with it either, that's just the way my brain works. the idea that that somehow makes me inherently less intelligent, more dangerous, irrational. untrustworthy, and/or unattractive are social and cultural preconceptions and attitudes that are not natural and inevitable and can and should be changed.

when i see people looking to reinforce those attitudes, that does in fact have a very real effect and it is perfectly sensible and appropriate for me to say something

I did not expect to find thoughtful and polite discussion of mental illness in this thread.

I hope Laika is ok. Laika come home.

Could u stop bumping random old threads for no reason please. thank you in advance
Note: Laika died on the way back to her home planet
What's the problem with bumping old threads?
Also most posts here have no reason
My poochie references are easily my best posts and they consistently get ignored because of some fucking drama. Pearls before swine
Ohhhh fuck that's what that was from. My bad, upvoting now

Belphegor posted:

What's the problem with bumping old threads?

Just go to faily planet and post a link to the old post that you enjoyed instead of joining in a two years dead conversation between dead people that you weren't party to at the time. Or start a new thread. Bumping old threads is not encouraged.

sending this thread back into storage, you are encouraged to make new threads