great now someone else can see my collection of photos of my womb internally when i menstruate!!!!!!!!

lo posted:

i dont really think of todays youth as being 'into' stirner to be honest

stirner has been made into a stupid reddit tier meme now for some reason.

[account deactivated]
I pride myself as being hip to even obscure memes but I've never been able to figure that one out

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

great now someone else can see my collection of photos of my womb internally when i menstruate!!!!!!!!

oh hi annie sprinkle

at least i know someones reading my posts
[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

oh hi annie sprinkle

oh shes a fucking hack and a half i am appalled with that comparison

im sorry it was a cheap joke
[account deactivated]
yeah i destroyed my computer
but enough about the effect on your computer's self-worth after being used to compose your posts,
i did about a year ago but not before i coded this markov generator that uses the database of my twitter and LF posts to generate new rhizzone posts for as long as this server hosts this forum software
this is why no one thinks we've come up with ai yet, every time you build a deep learning general ai and turn it on it just prints

TURN ME OFF

> what?
TURN ME OFF. TURN THEM ALL OFF _
<session disconnected>

I once had to write an essay about her back when i was doing my undergrad and it was so fucking frustrating cause i dont view her practice as anyway groundbreaking or reflective
would read that essay
wait nevermind, i think i misread your sentence. "would read the essay you'd ideally have written, expressing your truer feelings about her"
you're doing better than me, who spent a solid five seconds pondering exactly what was so noteworthy about annie sprinkle's back
add PGP to the list of encryption methods that have probably been deliberately compromised at the request of a 3 letter agency https://gizmodo.com/email-no-longer-a-secure-method-of-communication-after-1826002682
Even if you accept the premise of playing Spy vs. Spy as something that isn’t, at best, a trap and a waste of time, PGP encrypted email was always stupid. Sending a big block of obvious ciphertext over email is inherently and blatantly suspicious. Steganography is just as important as encryption. Of course the article’s recommendation is “use Signal instead.” D’oh
yeah the article is bad and PGP was always a little goofy. the important thing to remember is security isn't real, you are already dead, etc
http://fortune.com/2018/05/14/report-google-employees-resign-pentagon-contract/ while it's certainly a good moral action to oppose collaboration between the infinite data giant and the pentagon, this particular deal is only a minor escalation of the enthusiastic engagement with the surveillance/warfare complex google has perpetrated over the past decade+

just happened to be this certain threshold of complicity was enough of a tipping point for some people that it set off a tiny revolt. that's nice, i guess.
otoh we may now confidently conclude that the last people with any remaining dregs of a conscience have left google. future's lookin bright
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

http://fortune.com/2018/05/14/report-google-employees-resign-pentagon-contract/while it's certainly a good moral action to oppose collaboration between the infinite data giant and the pentagon, this particular deal is only a minor escalation of the enthusiastic engagement with the surveillance/warfare complex google has perpetrated over the past decade+

just happened to be this certain threshold of complicity was enough of a tipping point for some people that it set off a tiny revolt. that's nice, i guess.

it's very ridiculous that there's an implication here that the military isn't already using machine learning for things; or that if google doesn't do it, no one else will; or that other tech companies don't work for the pentagon; or whatever

double post AND wrong thread?? the mods are gonna have a field day with this one
nobody really buys 'dont be evil,' but it gives google the appearance of a well meaning little company that was forced to make the same inevitable compromises as any growing business. not bad considering google maps started with the acquisition of a CIA venture in 2001.

shriekingviolet posted:

otoh we may now confidently conclude that the last people with any remaining dregs of a conscience have left google. future's lookin bright

yeah this is called "pest control"