[account deactivated]
imo the problem with those business owners is usually that they see their business as a reflection of their individuality and a vehicle for their whims rather than as a way to build capital to reinvest, and the concerns about serving customers or supporting employees ranges from secondary to purely rhetorical. their incompetence in those areas reflects their inability to fully adopt the psychology of capital; they think they can flourish without expanding.
I keep trying to write a post about the few interactions I've had with business owners, but as I try describing them, or try to come up with some insight from these moments, I end up screaming in my head "THEY ARE DOGS. THEY ARE DOGS THAT NEED TO BE PUT DOWN"
[account deactivated]
i like the shows where the rich british people buy the houses in spain, where the thin people shout at the fat people, where the neat people shovel away the trash of the neet people, where the good chef shouts alot at the bad chef, where the bar isnt doing so well until 75% of the way through, where the rich british people buy the houses in france, where the hotel is bad and everyone complains, where the perso
dogs are good, business owners are bad
For those not aware, i own my business, I have employees now, unleash the hate, I can take it. If it means anything, if i were on that show,the Pro Boss would tell me i need to charge my customers more and pay my employees less. An accountant said i should be paying people as independent contractors and not employees
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

For those not aware, i own my business, I have employees now, unleash the hate, I can take it. If it means anything, if i were on that show,the Pro Boss would tell me i need to charge my customers more and pay my employees less. An accountant said i should be paying people as independent contractors and not employees

the last time i filed my taxes i told the accountant that this is exactly what my boss was doing and she was like "that's incredibly illegal wtf"

haha I know but it's also standard for my industry in nyc for almost all workers to get 1099s. like I can brag to customers that my people are covered by workers comp and disability insurance
swampman this was you right

i like the show where people get their job interviews filmed and the corporate watchdogs make a face as the foolish pleb has worn a tie with rubber ducks on it
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
its 6am and ive just got in from work, time to watch a pretend chef try and sell me a halowave air cooker delux w/ its unique low oil halogen air fry technology - it is, aparently, guilt free frying
the best reality show was the apprentice parody, My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss, which had real contestants vying for a fake job at a fake company that they thought was real. i recommend avoiding spoilers because from memory it's really quite entertaining. they made the contestants do stuff like make artworks out of trash and see who can sell the most from a gallery. it's remarkable how willing all the contestants are to debase themselves. here's an episode synopsis

Episode 3: That's Fascinating
Airdate: November 21, 2004
Days: Days 6-10 of the competition.

Summary: Mr. Todd invites three women to join him on the yacht Perseverance II and three men to join him at Harborside International Golf Center. Mr. Todd gave the women bikinis on the boat and after going swimming in Lake Michigan, did not show up to his appointment with the men. Todd also leads the women to think that as a result of the boat trip they have forged a close relationship with him, whereas all he has ever said in conversation with each of them is "that's fascinating".

Task: Create a mascot for Drycon, a company that sells hydrocyanic acid, with an informational presentation in front of 8-year-old children and their parents. The children voted on the winning team.

is that the one where the CEO was a monkey

ilmdge posted:

is that the one where the CEO was a monkey

Petrol posted:

i recommend avoiding spoilers

i am now watching my big fat ob noxious boss. the told the fancy buissiness people they were worth their weight in gold, placed them in the armored cars then drove them round chicago aimlessly in circles for a long time, this is good tv
i'm listening to david harvey's lectures on Capital finally and i like him as usual. they're also good because you can just send anyone who tries to argue for the mud pie thing his very first lecture.

i watched this the other night. this scene where mishima confronts the violent left wing protesters and owns the libtards with their own logic makes me wish we had someone like him today instead of 'based stick man' and whastever
the handmaid's tale is pretty good so far
explain the leftists who like mishima thing to me please. it's a thing and i don't get it. to me he was a skilled writer and a tragic figure but he was also heavily deluded, his politics were occasionally rightist but mostly incoherent and he died as a walking joke. and i'm open to the idea that i'm missing some pieces of the puzzle here.
he was cool and gay
i would advise all leftists who "get" mishima to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to hearthstone addiction. peace.

Lysenko posted:

he was cool and gay

my previous statements about him not being cool are now inoperative.

[account deactivated]
so you're telling me the rectum IS a grave??

glomper_stomper posted:

mishima was really heavily gay and he understood the intense drive towards death, violence, and self-destruction that all alienated gay boys have but don't often grasp consciously. he let that shit take over his life and that's why he turned to bodybuilding, fascism, and getting his fucking head sliced off.

same

cars posted:

he died as a walking joke

pretty sure he died sitting, guts all over the plaaaaace

[account deactivated]
hte new alien wasnt great. i dont have anything political or rhizzoney to say about it. it was just okay
i'm gonna go see it just because there isn't anything else to see
i finally saw Get Out and thought it was really good. it made me laugh a lot. i think if it was meant to be a straight horror film it would not have been very good, but as a comedy using horror tropes it was actually pretty original and a lot of fun
I saw boss baby a couple of weeks ago and I still think it's one of the most visually inventive and compelling animated films since akira

also the japanese cartoon called 'scum's wish'. I'm trying to decide whether it's deep or trashy. real melodrama is nice, the emotional messiness of japanese narratives continually impress me. between episodes I was overcome by the need to look at baudelaire's journals again. hopefully the second half is good, it makes me want to write.
the... the new twin peaks... is so good i am crying
i ve been scared to watch it incase it was bad
[account deactivated]