http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2015/01/black_labrador_in_seattle_rides_bus_alone_catches_up_with_owner_at_dog_park.html

Seattle bus riders have been finding that not all who frequent the public transit are necessarily, well, human. Eclipse, a two-year-old black Labrador, has been riding the bus to a local dog park -- all by herself.

According to KOMO News, commuters reported seeing the dog riding the bus solo in recent weeks. Patrons say they saw Eclipse walking up the aisles, sitting in seats and licking her surroundings.

One commuter, Tiona Rainwater, says Eclipse is well known in Seattle public transit and "sits here just like a person does." Rainwater adds that the dog "makes everybody happy."

Seattle radio host Miles Montgomery was curious if Eclipse was a stray or not, and decided to look into her motives further, My Fox Detroit says. Montgomery found that the dog was focused on looking out the window, and exited the bus at the dog park stop.

Soon he figured it out: "It was really just about seeing where her stop was," Montgomery tells FCN.

It began when Eclipse's owner, Jeff Young, started taking the bus to the dog park with his canine. One day, as they waited for the bus, it arrived before Young finished his cigarette, and an impatient Eclipse hopped on alone, FCN explains.

"We went all the time, then sometimes she got on the bus before me because I'm talking or distracted," Young tells ABC News. "I was like 'Oh s---, she got on the bus.'"

Young continues to say that he always follows closely behind Eclipse on a later bus for the number of stops to the dog park, and also goes home with her.

A spokesman for Seattle Metro Transit spoke to KOMO News and said the agency loves that a dog appreciates public transit.

"She would be much safer in the world if she had her owner on a leash," the spokesman says.

"She would be much safer in the world if she had her owner on a leash," the spokesman says.

:iceburn:

[account deactivated]
i hope dogs make it out of the anthropocene era mostly alright :/
"Seattle bus riders have been finding that not all who frequent the public transit are necessarily, well, human." Nice fucking intro sentence. "Eclipse, a two-year-old black Labrador, has been riding the bus to a local dog park -- all by herself. " Nice second sentence, really tied your god damn article together - this could have happened in the first sentence but I guess you needed to excrete that initial, cumbersome grammar. "According to KOMO News, commuters reported seeing the dog riding the bus solo in recent weeks. Patrons say they saw Eclipse walking up the aisles, sitting in seats and licking her surroundings." Nice second paragraph. You know you can have more than two sentences per paragraph, right? Or you don't know? Or maybe your idiot readership, too stupid to be insulted by your low blows to their even lower IQs, can't handle more info at a time without their wee neurons turning to ash? "One commuter, Tiona Rainwater, says Eclipse is well known in Seattle public transit and "sits here just like a person does." Rainwater adds that the dog "makes everybody happy."" Nice third paragraph, and I really mean it this time. Of course the dog would make everybody the fuck happy, that's it's fucking job, but you keep hammering on the subject like a glorious king, inexperienced with hammers, still insistent on personally crucifying a disobedient serf, as is xher noble right to do so. Next time don't make up your sources, it's more fucking obvious than a poop in a pool when you try this. "Seattle radio host Miles Montgomery was curious if Eclipse was a stray or not, and decided to look into her motives further, My Fox Detroit says. Montgomery found that the dog was focused on looking out the window, and exited the bus at the dog park stop. Soon he figured it out: "It was really just about seeing where her stop was," Montgomery tells FCN." So you now have fucking AM radio shock jockeys doing your investigative journalism for you? Is the story beyond pathetic because of its superpathetic content or because you couldn't be fuckassed to do your own factfinding to begin with? "It began when Eclipse's owner, Jeff Young, started taking the bus to the dog park with his canine. One day, as they waited for the bus, it arrived before Young finished his cigarette, and an impatient Eclipse hopped on alone, FCN explains." Nice. I cannot believe you give this revisionist little shit a public forum to lie xher lies in. And you know smoking is an epidemic in this country? On either count you should kill yourself and they should posthumously ban you from journalism work. ""We went all the time, then sometimes she got on the bus before me because I'm talking or distracted," Young tells ABC News. "I was like 'Oh s---, she got on the bus.'"" Nice swearing, you fucking hypocrite. It really is about the pageviews and nothing the fuck else, is it. Not the truth, not tearing down the system or fixing anything or doing a lick of good for anyone - just raking in those sweet blood soaked dollars, ad after garish ad. "Young continues to say that he always follows closely behind Eclipse on a later bus for the number of stops to the dog park, and also goes home with her." Hearsay. Fairly obvious that this is complete fucking bullshit. "A spokesman for Seattle Metro Transit spoke to KOMO News and said the agency loves that a dog appreciates public transit." Couldn't get one fat asshole to speak on the record regarding this incident can you? No, those cowardly dingusses would rather see Seattle sued into a hot neutron soup than have to personally shoulder a gnat's cum of blame when some stupid jit gets xher dink shorn off by labrador fangs. ""She would be much safer in the world if she had her owner on a leash," the spokesman says." Nice conclusion, now I know why the spokesman refused to be identified, xher parents would probably stroke out at the absolute inanity of that zinger. Really just the worst thing I have ever read to date, beating the Bible, my family's mass suicide note which blamed me, the script to Good Will Hunting, and even your other articles. Never speak English again.
[account deactivated]
the only thing im dependent on is intoxicants thank you very much
Congratulations to dog.
if i was a dog i'd ride the bus on my own to the vet and have them put me down. fuck this gay earth
if i was a dog, i'd pay everyone's mortgage
I did a google news search for dog to see if there were more cool dog stories like this but it turns out that some of them are actually really sad and depressing. Here is a positive one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/21/seal-hugs-dog-video_n_6517544.html

Elise Frebourg captured an adorable bit of animal friendship in southwestern France with video of a seal hugging a dog.

The clip, uploaded to YouTube last week, opens with the seal lumbering up to a group of people and their dog, curiously inspecting the group. Once it sees the dog lie down, the seal makes a move and cozies up to the pup. If that weren't enough, the mammal goes one step further and seals the deal, resting its flipper on the dog's shoulder.

That's kind of more about the seal but there's still a dog in it so it's ok I guess. If I remember, I will try to make this a regular cute dog story news thread.

My favorite kind of journalism is "written description of what happens in a video"
Breaking: Month-old youtube clip depicts huge dog trying to fuck tiny toy, offering minimal resistance to growing ISIS threat

swampman posted:

My favorite kind of journalism is "written description of what happens in a video"

mine too because its the only kind thats factually accurate

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
that sucks. dolances. think of the good times
THink of it as your dog riding one last bus to the park.
[account deactivated]
RIP, to those who died
Peace Be With Ya, Doggie
Sorry for your loss
The recently released GoDaddy 2015 Super Bowl ad generated a whole lot of outrage from animal advocates and was quickly retracted Tuesday.

The ad, called "Journey Home," features a golden retriever puppy named Buddy who bounces out of the back of a truck before traveling through a series of harrowing environments to get to a bright red barn.

"Buddy! I'm so glad you made it home!" a curly-haired blonde exclaims. "Because I just sold you on this website I made with GoDaddy."

The last scene shows Buddy loaded in a box in the back of a van -- driven by GoDaddy spokeswoman-racecar driver Danica Patrick -- being dispatched to his new owner. As the door slams shut, the woman commands, "Ship him out."
owned
http://www.cnet.com/news/disabled-wiener-dog-gets-a-3d-printed-wheelchair/

In this case, Bubbles the dachshund was born without her two front legs. Her owners Trevor Byers and Elissa Smoak decided to build her a wheelchair.

They used a combination of "carbon fiber, 3D-printed parts and a model airplane, with the hope that others would be able to utilize the same design for their own dogs in need of a wheelchair," according to 3ders.org.

Byers uploaded Bubbles' wheelchair design to MakerBot's Thingiverse for other pet owners looking for help.

"Bubbles is the reason I bought my printer in the first place and she loves the freedom it has given her," Byers said on his Thingiverse page.

im sorry about your dog conec, thats real sad.
Powerful
cool flex mentallo sig, keven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAy_QU5WE8

Edited by laika ()