Bizarre Ryde II the Genocyde

discipline posted:
Really you should read that Huntington book if you want to see where this discourse Islam v. West logically brings us to, it's so horrendous

its dumb when arabs and desis do it and its dumb when westerners do it. shame on u. shaaaame.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
IF GOD EXISTS AND IS ALL POWERFUL AND LOVES US HOW COME I DIDNT GET INTO UC BERKLEY AND HAVE TO GO TO CITY COLLEGE?!?!? - Aerdil

read candide dumbass

more like candide the dumbass

discipline posted:

germanjoey posted:
tajikistan maybe but how the fuck do you not consider turkey part of the muddle east.

Tajikistan definitely, and Turkey when they almost joined the EU

EU shmee-u, turkey is filled with goddamn turks and kurds not farkin europeans

cleanhands posted:
cmon gjoey you cant use the idea of the otaku to characterise an enthusiastic religious convert just because theyre both ostensibly reactions to deficiencies in western culture. you know this.

lol i characterize my gf as a otakina all teh friggin time b/c she loves south american cultures so much......

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

babyfinland posted:
i honestly can not think of a single reason why you would think that unless youre just unable to distinguish islam from arabianness or something, in which case you have to conclude that islam in its entirety is arab otaku-ness, which is veering into a creepy racial essentialist discourse

ok answer me this, when have you ever put the way you understand islam into terms other people can relate to instead of just dumping shitloads of scripture copy/pastes lol

"Islam doesn't need "The LEft""

all the time

where

its none of your business

yeah see lmao. you never post about it. all we get is smugness and these huge copy pastes

i dont really see why i have to justify anything to you

of course you don't and i don't expect you to. its not like i'm over here, snapping on latex gloves and wrenching your jaw open so that i can stick my arm down your throat and yank out a post about your true feelings on islam. its just that, like, i just can't stand that the same smug dictation about whatever, whether its coming you or from a troon smugly dictating that "all mtf transgender persons are female and if you don't see it that way you're a disgusting bigot." its the same stupid shit

Dude the shit you're referring to in Candide is criticism of Leibniz who makes the EXACT same argument you do but from the religious side. Wow man way to completely misinterpret Voltaire ahhahaahah.
our colics form in the best of all possible whorls
[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Dude the shit you're referring to in Candide is criticism of Leibniz who makes the EXACT same argument you do but from the religious side. Wow man way to completely misinterpret Voltaire ahhahaahah.

uhm leibniz is attempting a theodicy to reconcile god's omnipotence & omniscience w/ evil. and does so by essentially claiming that it's the best of all worlds, but also, and this is where you're argument comes in, that cruel evil events are all part of god's unknowable plan for the overarching good.

and voltaire criticizes this optimism. and if u aren't implying any of leibniz's arguments then you are left w/ the paradox of evil. where u comin from bro.

germanjoey posted:
of course you don't and i don't expect you to. its not like i'm over here, snapping on latex gloves and wrenching your jaw open so that i can stick my arm down your throat and yank out a post about your true feelings on islam. its just that, like, i just can't stand that the same smug dictation about whatever, whether its coming you or from a troon smugly dictating that "all mtf transgender persons are female and if you don't see it that way you're a disgusting bigot." its the same stupid shit

i think youre reading "smugness" and such into my posts where there is none. i dont expect people who dont see things my way to change their mind nor do i care if they do, its just a total non-issue for me. i dont see why you have to be so agitated that i post things you just cant relate to or agree with on a fundamental level, when other people benefit from it

Because I'm not saying the world is perfect and neither is Islam and Islam is certainly not saying that people can/should make that judgement.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
Uh aerdil the point is that you can't figure God's intent because there is nothing about God that humans can relate to, God does not have a human mind or even a mind. Humans project their ideas about morality and values onto God's will. There is nothing about God you can know except for what has been revealed to us and what is in the Real, that innate sense of something that exists outside of language

aerdil refuses to accept anything that doesnt place him and his rationality in a position of absolute dominance. any answer the philosophical questions that leave room for "ignorance" he rejects because he beleives in the absolute power of human subjectivity. note the genre of texts he bounds his references to

then im back to my comment that i find arguments from ignorance intrinsically dumb. sorry.
"u cant understand god" as the end all be all gutshot just isnt intellectually satisfying to me
Well then just admit that you don't care to engage Islam on any serious level because of your own arbitrary preferences and don't go on about how "it's dumb" all the time and try to pull up some subjectivist argument out of your ass about why God Isn't Real and God Can't Be Real.
[account deactivated]
i know just about every pokemon!

discipline posted:
Do you seriously think all things are knowable though? I mean come on

there's a shit load of unknowable concepts but im not about to start believing in every thing someone tells me of those things because of my ignorance

I'm Christian and for me God is a symbol for the ground or foundation of being, being-itself, and not a separate supreme being above others. Bad Things are really bad and they're an unavoidable part of our experience as finite, separated beings. I don't see them as part of a divine plan, a test, or punishment or anything. Does Islam differ?
haha this is a really weird eruption

Frenz posted:
I'm Christian and for me God is a symbol for the ground or foundation of being, being-itself, and not a separate supreme being above others. Bad Things are really bad and they're an unavoidable part of our experience as finite, separated beings. I don't see them as part of a divine plan, a test, or punishment or anything. Does Islam differ?

I think you understand God and evil in a similar way but according to Islam all things are predetermined and the events of this world are all, in their entirety, a test for us.

germanjoey posted:
i know just about every pokemon!

‘The intellect declares: The six directions are limits, and there is no way out.
Love says: There is a way, and I have travelled it many times.’
‘The intellect declares: The six directions are limits, and there is no way out.
Love says: There is a way, and I have travelled it many times.’

discipline posted:
Uh aerdil the point is that you can't figure God's intent because there is nothing about God that humans can relate to, God does not have a human mind or even a mind. Humans project their ideas about morality and values onto God's will. There is nothing about God you can know except for what has been revealed to us and what is in the Real, that innate sense of something that exists outside of language

As our knowledge of things, even of created and limited things, is knowledge of their qualities and not of their essence, how is it possible to comprehend in its essence the Divine Reality, which is unlimited? ... Knowing God, therefore, means the comprehension and the knowledge of His attributes, and not of His Reality. This knowledge of the attributes is also proportioned to the capacity and power of man; it is not absolute.

Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is a direct evidence of the revelation within it of the attributes and names of God, inasmuch as within every atom are enshrined the signs that bear eloquent testimony to the revelation of that Most Great Light.... To a supreme degree is this true of man...

The creations of God are all around us, and include us, and these creations contain various aspects of their creator. People need to examine, investigate, and deduce, and not just close their minds off to everything that doesn't comply with what's in a book written 1500 years ago. hth.

crustpunk_trotsky posted:

discipline posted:

As our knowledge of things, even of created and limited things, is knowledge of their qualities and not of their essence, how is it possible to comprehend in its essence the Divine Reality, which is unlimited? ... Knowing God, therefore, means the comprehension and the knowledge of His attributes, and not of His Reality. This knowledge of the attributes is also proportioned to the capacity and power of man; it is not absolute.

u think ur sneaky

"cribbed from islam" hmm it's almost as if all abrahamic religions are influenced by their predecessors? zuh zuhhhh?
youre clearly unfamiliar with the quran if you think that what youre arguing is any different from what it says
The part about 'those creations containing various aspects of their creator' is totally wrong / ridiculous imo
A good character is, verily, the best mantle for men from God. With it He adorneth the temples of His loved ones. By My life! The light of a good character surpasseth the light of the sun and the radiance thereof. Whoso attaineth unto it is accounted as a jewel among men. The glory and the upliftment of the world must needs depend upon it. A goodly character is a means whereby men are guided to the Straight Path and are led to the Great Announcement. Well is it with him who is adorned with the saintly attributes and character of the Concourse on High.

It beseemeth you to fix your gaze under all conditions upon justice and fairness. In the Hidden Words this exalted utterance hath been revealed from Our Most August Pen:

'O Son of Spirit! The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbour. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behoveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving kindness. Set it then before thine eyes.'

They that are just and fair-minded in their judgement occupy a sublime station and hold an exalted rank. The light of piety and uprightness shineth resplendent from these souls. We earnestly hope that the peoples and countries of the world may not be deprived of the splendours of these two luminaries.

Verily it is the door of security for all that dwell on earth and a token of glory on the part of the All-Merciful. He who partaketh thereof hath indeed partaken of the treasures of wealth and prosperity. Trustworthiness is the greatest portal leading unto the tranquillity and security of the people. In truth the stability of every affair hath depended and doth depend upon it. All the domains of power, of grandeur and of wealth are illumined by its light.

Not long ago these sublime words were revealed from the Pen of the Most High:

'We will now mention unto thee Trustworthiness and the station thereof in the estimation of God, thy Lord, the Lord of the Mighty Throne. One day of days We repaired unto Our Green Island. Upon Our arrival, We beheld its streams flowing, and its trees luxuriant, and the sunlight playing in their midst. Turning Our face to the right, We beheld what the pen is powerless to describe; nor can it set forth that which the eye of the Lord of Mankind witnessed in that most sanctified, that most sublime, that blest, and most exalted Spot. Turning, then, to the left We gazed on one of the Beauties of the Most Sublime Paradise, standing on a pillar of light, and calling aloud saying: "O inmates of earth and heaven! Behold ye My beauty, and My radiance, and My revelation, and My effulgence. By God, the True One! I am Trustworthiness and the revelation thereof, and the beauty thereof. I will recompense whosoever will cleave unto Me, and recognize My rank and station, and hold fast unto My hem. I am the most great ornament of the people of Baha, and the vesture of glory unto all who are in the kingdom of creation. I am the supreme instrument for the prosperity of the world, and the horizon of assurance unto all beings." Thus have We sent down for thee that which will draw men nigh unto the Lord of creation.'

O people of Baha! Trustworthiness is in truth the best of vestures for your temples and the most glorious crown for your heads. Take ye fast hold of it at the behest of Him Who is the Ordainer, the All-Informed.

One should not ignore the truth of any matter, rather should one give expression to that which is right and true. The people of Baha should not deny any soul the reward due to him, should treat craftsmen with deference, and, unlike the people aforetime, should not defile their tongues with abuse.

In this Day the sun of craftsmanship shineth above the horizon of the occident and the river of arts is flowing out of the sea of that region. One must speak with fairness and appreciate such bounty. By the life of God! The word `Equity' shineth bright and resplendent even as the sun. We pray God to graciously shed its radiance upon everyone. He is in truth powerful over all things, He Who is wont to answer the prayers of all men.

In these days truthfulness and sincerity are sorely afflicted in the clutches of falsehood, and justice is tormented by the scourge of injustice. The smoke of corruption hath enveloped the whole world in such wise that naught can be seen in any direction save regiments of soldiers and nothing is heard from any land but the clashing of swords. We beseech God, the True One, to strengthen the wielders of His power in that which will rehabilitate the world and bring tranquillity to the nations.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
The part about 'those creations containing various aspects of their creator' is totally wrong / ridiculous imo

“It is He who sends down water from the sky. From it you drink and from it come the shrubs among which you graze your herds. And by it He makes crops grow for you and olives and dates and grapes and fruit of every kind. Therein is certainly a sign in that for people who reflect. He has made the night and the day subservient to you, and the sun, the moon and the stars, all subject to His command. Therein are certainly signs in that for people who use their intellect. And also, the things of varying colors He has created for you in the earth. There is certainly a sign in that for people who pay heed. It is He who made the sea subservient to you so that you can eat fresh flesh from it and bring out from it ornaments to wear. And you see the ships cleaving through it so that you can seek His bounty, and so that perhaps you may show thanks. He cast firmly embedded mountains on the earth so it would not move under you, and rivers, pathways, and landmarks so that perhaps you might be guided. And they are guided by the stars. Is He Who creates like him who does not create? O will you not pay heed?”(Quran 16:10-17)

aerdil how does this strike you

atheists are unanimously the dumbest people in the freaking world

AmericanNazbro posted:

this and yet at the same time theists too

crustpunk_trotsky posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

this and yet at the same time theists too

yeah!!! people who like, care about thigns are freaking squares + dumb and ugly.

[account deactivated]