HERE WE GO ITS TIME TO DRAG OUT BIN LADENS BODY
[account deactivated]

Lykourgos posted:
should've published under a pen name impper

how come man, i like my name. actually i hate it, but i don't really care either way

AMERICA IS BACK

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

deadken posted:
i'm not watching it. im reading a rape novel 1000000000 times rapier than Fuck And Destroy instead

i don't believe it, what's the novel called

Looks like I win. And you lose, big time. Young man you are hereby violated!

2012: obama does an achmed the dead terrorist routine with the literal corpse of osama bin laden
[account deactivated]
That was a fucking dope address.

Skylark posted:
America is going to be just like the good old days.

my fave was "good teachers increase the earning of their classrooms by $300,000"
lmao
thank you skylark it was just like watching the real thing

1488 posted:

even the democrats have completely abandoned environmentalists and public unions. community and environmental ethics will be sacrificed completely in exchange for more efficient methods of the production of poisonous junk. it isn't so much post-modern as it is a retro-utilitarian vision in which all faith is placed in technology, experts

- an efficient policy to maximize busyness (business) for the sake of business (busyness) - with the relief of suffering as an expected and welcome side-effect, but not the actual historical priority. as many of you alluded to, the speech was mostly an appeal to the economic situation of modernity. it is actually odd just how "old" that speech felt compared to the idyllic neo-liberalism which characterized his 2008 campaign.

Skylark posted:
That was a fucking dope address.

it was fuckin tite man

i asked my democrat roommate if it was worth watching, like if he did anything exciting such as pledging to stop killing innocent brown people and americans, or if it was all populist posturing about jobs, education, energy, china, and iran; he smugly told me that well he got us out of iraq, is winding down afghanistan, and is going to cap tuition rates or universities lose funding.

so the latter i guess.
[account deactivated]

NounsareVerbs posted:

got a lot of twelve year olds friended on your facebook huh

well yeah if they don't make the state of the union better than the last one people will stop watching
both recent college grads, the latter one has been campaigning for democrats since I first met him in high school 9 years ago.
is there a formula for how many times to say things like "Washington is broken" versus saying America is better than ever
say 3 harsh but vague critiques,5 effusive America Is #1 things, 10 We're On The Road To Success things, and one joke in the exact center
[account deactivated]
historically, this was the first state of the union address to include a milkjoke since wilson led america to recovery from the milkdrought in 1908
[account deactivated]

Skylark posted:
historically, this was the first state of the union address to include a milkjoke since wilson led america to recovery from the milkdrought in 1908

wilson invented the modern "wilson tug" which was considered the gold standard of cow teat tuggin' until the advent of mechanization (destroyed another artisan, rip]

Impper posted:

Lykourgos posted:

how come man, i like my name. actually i hate it, but i don't really care either way

lol

i saw a person on facebook saying it was the best STOU ever as well lmao. what ive half-listened to it was literally chock full of tired platitudes and unoriginal speech stumping that we've been familiar with for years. ideology is a hell of a drug.
breast sotu. num
i was going to make a bad joke about graduated income tax and semi-skimmed milk but you guys dont call it semi-skimmed milk
*tightens belt around arm, injects needle full of liberal democracy into vein* daammnn this sotu shit is real good this year
sotu flavour milk. from best breast
haha..... ha..... more like state of the MOOnion

deadken posted:
haha..... ha..... more like state of the MOOnion

da moon rules #1

ahahah i have the news on and they're seriously assessing the part where he said

America is back. Anyone who tells you otherwise, anyone who tells you that America is in decline or that our influence has waned, doesn't know what they're talking about.

they called it "Defiant"

Impper posted:

Lykourgos posted:

Because then instead of people posting your real name, we'd all be referring to you as bam bam bigelow or something

getfiscal posted:

AMERICA IS BACK

Can't wait till it goes away again

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:
i remember when the goons raised a lot of money for battle armor back in like 2004 and i was like hmm this whole war thing... not sure if i support it? feel a bit like these thousands of deaths and huge costs... maybe not good?

anyway i posted like hey guys you know that you could save way more lives by giving to antipoverty organizations? like the chances that your expensive armor will actually save a life are pretty low compared to like doctors without borders giving a vaccine to a few hundred kids. yeah banned.

lol