ewlcome to page 4

forget about men, even if we live in tumblr future where men are barred from voting you're never going to convince a majority or even a substantial minority of women that men are Biologically Unfit and that pregnancy must be eliminated
[account deactivated]
i really love my family
im not saying that to rub in any problems roseweird but i really love them and they are the world to me
a world where nary a single pickle jar can be opened, and spiders occupy entire apartment complexes with no resistance
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
actually the one time i met baby finland he INSISTED we go and get a mani-pedi together, it was fucking weird, he just kept yelling at the woman doing it in what he kept leaning over and whispering to me was vietnamese but he was just putting "duc" and "ang" between and at the end of english words, and then the woman finally snapped and told him she was thai and then he started crying.
Da_girl_hitler
Over 1,000 hitlers have arrived for the elimination segment of this years So You THink You Can Be Hitler, but by the end of this program, only 20 will remain.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

jools posted:

and like, automated vat-grown babies would be hilariously energy intensive, in fact everything you've ever posted would be without 2/3 of the human race going extinct or something. you want some kind of zardoz future basically and it's Horrific

i dunno, our current baby-vat technology already operates fairly efficiently on pickles & ice cream and the occasional foot rub

i bet roseweird sounds like ben stein

roseweird posted:

one thing that is really awkward is that tons of left-type people have been admiring sweden and their schools and progressive policies and whatever for years but the reality is that modern sweden is in large part the result of an intensive eugenics campaign that only 'ended' (as though you could end the results of decades of mass sterilizations) in the mid 70s. in like 2005 some swedish gov agency commissioned a report to ask "why were we crazy for eugenics for like 100 years" but it seems like no one really talks about it. i haven't read it yet

this is exactly why i hate sweden, also sweden fucking sucks

roseweird i think by the time we have the technology to do what youre talking about medical technology would already be so advanced as to have reached the point where reversible overnight sex changes would be available on demand, completely liquidizing and eliminating all concepts of gender anyway, and your baby machines would end up existing simply to supplement dyads of physiologically wombless No Genders
im several hitlers
babyfinland is at least five hitlers, by mass
are people really that opposed to eugenics? i dont see whats so wrong about it as long as youre not doing it to eliminate entire races or accidentally engineering yourselves down genetic dead ends into extinction. its just the central planning alternative to mindless natural evolution
i like that show with the autistic lady
[account deactivated]
i support natural human breeding on the off-chance that we'll naturally degenerate into mindless barbaric troglodytes
I Wanna Live In A Fucking Cave GOd Dammit
[account deactivated]

clanzy posted:

move to spain and hang out with gypsies

[account deactivated]
genocides arent eugenic unless you have fucking eugenics lol
like most genocides are "we want this land", the "these people are unclean" or whatever stuff is just a justification
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

jools posted:

genocides arent eugenic unless you have fucking eugenics lol

it depends on the sense in which we use "eugenics". if we mean the actual modern ideology, based on a rudimentary understanding of genetics, sure, that's true. but if we refer more broadly to eugenics as self-directed evolution and the action of human will on the gene pool then i think the line between "practicing eugenics" and "allowing evolution to take its course" is really blurry because all sorts of rulers ordered purges in order to purify the blood and breeding stock of the people and exterminate undesirables and they obviously did this because they wanted certain kinds of humans to succeed and live and other kinds not to. that sounds like eugenics to me but maybe you have a different word for it

what do you mean by "self-directed evolution"

Superabound posted:

are people really that opposed to eugenics? i dont see whats so wrong about it as long as youre not doing it to eliminate entire races or accidentally engineering yourselves down genetic dead ends into extinction. its just the central planning alternative to mindless natural evolution

Catholic teaching supports genetic engineering for the "therapeutic" purpose of eliminating illnesses, but rejects cosmetic alterations or other "enhancements."

Preventing people from breeding for the purpose of eugenics would of course be wrong.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

clanzy posted:

is that "fucking cave" or "fucking-cave"?

[account deactivated]
lol this creep is trying to massage her genocidal opinions into acceptability on a pedantic technicality
[account deactivated]