http://world.std.com/~raparker/exploring/books/hesse_hudson_idiot.html

there are a more essays in hesse's 'glimpse into chaos' not on world std and i'd like to find them

Edit: oh there's only two. thomas mann suggested there were more he shoudl be more precise with his language in the future
is that a real cover for the idiot?
why is iggy pop on the cover of the idiot
i just ate a giant burrito. journey to the end of a night is probably a better "book" but death on credit is so much more aesthetically pleasing that it's really no contest. piece out
i saw a girl who was moving out of logan square on my block and she was siting outside with her book case and she had black skin white masks on top of an ayn rand book. i talked to her abt it and she said she didnt read the ayn rand but it was "totally coincidental" that fanon sat on top of her.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

is that a real cover for the idiot?

just something i threw together in mspaint. hope you like

I do like. Ido like... very much. How much? How much is it? Its nice.
lol as if i'm going to read a book called "the idiot"... people will see me on the public bus and say "hey look it's the idiot reading the idiot"... come back when you've got a book called "the genius"
"the idiot" reading "the genius" seems a lot more embarrassing. i know when i read a book called "the clown" and people smirk that i have brought some pleasure into Lifes
Hey! I'm the Idiot! Around these parts anyway
fat chance fucko! get in the trash before iruin your brain for life

Impper posted:

i saw a girl who was moving out of logan square on my block and she was siting outside with her book case and she had black skin white masks on top of an ayn rand book. i talked to her abt it and she said she didnt read the ayn rand but it was "totally coincidental" that fanon sat on top of her.

she sounds cool, you should incorporate her into your next rape novel

i just packed up all my books and mailed em back to london. i want to cry but instead i';m going to smoke cigarettes and drink whiskey

Impper posted:

"the idiot" reading "the genius" seems a lot more embarrassing. i know when i read a book called "the clown" and people smirk that i have brought some pleasure into Lifes

i started 'the man without qualities' on the strength of the title alone

deadken posted:

i just packed up all my books and mailed em back to london. i want to cry but instead i';m going to smoke cigarettes and drink whiskey

props to sheriff joe for bagging and tagging another foreign born terrorist's illegal alien book barn

i read the brothers karamazov because i am a multiple system incorporating a broad range of ethical and religious positions
i can't find an ebook of the box man

getfiscal posted:

why is iggy pop on the cover of the idiot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Idiot_(album)

littlegreenpills posted:

you must read the paper back as would befit a box man

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

she sounds cool, you should incorporate her into your next rape novel

she was really chill + cute. i smoked a ciggi w. her but i didnt want to just be like, hanging out while she was trying to move or whatever, you know

deadken posted:

"moving back to london" sounds like one of those things you know you don't want to do, you know you will regret, there are no redeeming qualities, no heroism about it, and yet you do it anyway, and it will be even worse than you imagined it would be. godspeed shlomo

yeah you're going to be real depressed by how ugly everybody is

Impper posted:

deadken posted:

"moving back to london" sounds like one of those things you know you don't want to do, you know you will regret, there are no redeeming qualities, no heroism about it, and yet you do it anyway, and it will be even worse than you imagined it would be. godspeed shlomo

i always knew this day would come.... perhaps the worst thing that could happen would be if this place became like home, if i stopped wondering at its sheer lunacy..... i now know that i can never live out my days on that shitty island. I Will Return

anyway, thomas bernhard

Impper posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

you must read the paper back as would befit a box man

i printed out bean as a giant stack of A5 booklets, laboriously sewed them together with a doubled-duct-tape backing, then ripped out all the pages from a hardback before I glue-gunned the whole wobbly sheaf into the empty cover. i think i've earned a break

i mean i really did that. it took most of an afternoon. it's on my shelf somewhere although quite a lot of the pages have fallen out
that sounds like a pretty dee-luxe verison
wait you really did that? lol. pics plz?
i finished writing another book last night. idk what to name it

Impper posted:

i finished writing another book last night. idk what to name it

Corky Burns Macaroni With His Down Syndrome Wife

cuck and destroy: bulled over 2
i dont think that is appropriate ._.
call it sexcopter
call it monkey cheese extreme 2000
SEXCOPTER D______D
i call everything butter
There's Something About Marianne
call it My Life On Poz: An HIV/AIDS Survival Guide