if ulysses was written today there would be non-stop references to ridiculous youtube videos and weird computer games instead of obscure allusions to 15th century italian theses.

i.e. tpaine's post history
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

has joel friended you yet, he told me he would.

whos joeal

oh its lungfish. that guy sucks. apparently
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:

but anyway

Waving the photographer off, he points in the distance across the Slovenian capital. "Over there, that's a kind of counter-culture establishment – they hate me, I hate them. This is the type of leftists that I hate. Radical leftists whose fathers are all very rich." Most of the other buildings, he adds, are government ministries. "I hate it." Now he's back in the living room, a clinically tidy little sliver of functional space lacking any discernible aesthetic, the only concessions being a poster for the video game Call Of Duty: Black Ops, and a print of Joseph Stalin. Žižek pours Coke Zero into plastic McDonald's cups decorated in Disney merchandising, but when he opens a kitchen cupboard I see that it's full of clothes.

funny post. i like

im reading thepossiblity of a island[/b
wow i just went back and reread those Joyce letters and they are really really dirty
[account deactivated]

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

wow i just went back and reread those Joyce letters and they are really really dirty

damn i just steped out of my cave and saw fire. then i trolled some forums ehehehe

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

corey posted:

damn i just steped out of my cave and saw fire. then i trolled some forums ehehehe

yo can you link/upload me to possibility of an island or is it a "real book" you're reading

you;re an idiot for posting on an idiot board to begin with. this place is doomed to fail, and anyone who posts on it is at the least tempting fate, who is such a vindictive bitch, i mean she;s a big enough of a cunt that its just asking for it to ... but whatever, it;s your life

corey posted:

yo can you link/upload me to possibility of an island or is it a "real book" you're reading

its a real live book that im forced to manipulate w/ my corporeal form, unfortnuately

sosie posted:

you;re an idiot for posting on an idiot board to begin with. this place is doomed to fail, and anyone who posts on it is at the least tempting fate, who is such a vindictive bitch, i mean she;s a big enough of a cunt that its just asking for it to ... but whatever, it;s your life

Amazing: Frog screams out "Weed Poop" for all to hear

sosie posted:

we're all doomed to fail: eternal recurrence is a lie. sell your pokemon cards while they still have value. the truth is out there. ron paul's meinkampf (thankx defbypills, good rec')

i can't take an author seriously who blogs
i won't read adam kotskos dumb books, and i won't read ...(i am looking up her name right now)... Jodi Dean, even though I read her blog religiously and take her seriously I just whatever
serious people don't blog

sosie posted:

i can't take an author seriously who blogs

david graeber refuses to acknowledge my friend request

sosie posted:

i won't read adam kotskos dumb books, and i won't read ...(i am looking up her name right now)... Jodi Dean, even though I read her blog religiously and take her seriously I just whatever

Uh okay. o_O Whatever man..

because i have so completely isolated myslef, and have been, due to inherent flawsw in my innate character for which i alone am culpable, so totally alone, i merely wish that someone will acknowledge the sad passing of what once was my will to live, into a bicycle ridden by insect ghosts in buttoned boots

gyrofry posted:

tpaine posted:

has joel friended you yet, he told me he would.

joel is literally lungfish just a protip there clarence

n o,. lungfish is joel but joel isn't lungfish. there is a joel on the loose and it could be anyone. keep a sharp eye.

welcome to the Joel Hole

<twilightzone music begins to play>

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

aeril you still down to do a lets read ulysses thread? that was you right? i have been re-reading it for the 3rd time recently and it really is amazing the depth to which that shit goes, man. it really is a triumph of literature.

i want 2 reread it 2, the first time i was just really enjoying the cool things he does with language and not really analysing it properly, lets get this shit off the ground

oh james joyce? have you read the FART LETTERS? oh althusser? did you know he STRANGLED HIS WIFE? oh nietzsche? what about his RAMPANT MISOGYNY? karl marx? don't you care that he used the NIGGER WORD? i'm a FUCKING IDIOT
aren't we all joel. i mean really

deadken posted:

oh james joyce? have you read the FART LETTERS? oh althusser? did you know he STRANGLED HIS WIFE? oh nietzsche? what about his RAMPANT MISOGYNY? karl marx? don't you care that he used the NIGGER WORD? i'm a FUCKING IDIOT

somebodys having a case of the californias

im drinking jim bean out a mug. kEnLyFe

babyfinland posted:

deadken posted:

i go back to the uk in 9 days and its starting to really depress me

deadken posted:

babyfinland posted:

deadken posted:

i go back to the uk in 9 days and its starting to really depress me

sorry to hear that

i'm almost done with journey to the end of the night, halfway through riceour's freud and philosophy, which is just monumentally incredible; i'm well into elaine scarry's body in pain, which has completely transformed the way i look at torture, and we're only on the first bit - it's not exactly fun reading, but she is known for doing what she does, and she does it.... also, trying to read phenomenology of mind.... what else .... ah, yes, i;m reading another short book based on some of Gadamer's lectures... Gadamer is someone you want to know if you are interested in Hegel... oh and I am buing research chemicals off the internet and probably irredimably hurting my brain

sosie posted:

i'm almost done with journey to the end of the night, halfway through riceour's freud and philosophy, which is just monumentally incredible; i'm well into elaine scarry's body in pain, which has completely transformed the way i look at torture, and we're only on the first bit - it's not exactly fun reading, but she is known for doing what she does, and she does it.... also, trying to read phenomenology of mind.... what else .... ah, yes, i;m reading another short book based on some of Gadamer's lectures... Gadamer is someone you want to know if you are interested in Hegel... oh and I am buing research chemicals off the internet and probably irredimably hurting my brain

what kind of research chemicals

sosie ur my fav poster
you can get dxm & amt off the internet, its awesome
also illegal drugs on the deep net but theyre really expensive and you have to pay in bitcoins lol
uhm, you can get everything off the internet ken so that's kinda redundant.