lol
im reading DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP, among other Dick sci fi's(which is what i incidentally call premonitions about my future)

also about to start a Benjamin Noys kick. this article `The End of the Monarchy of Sex' seems real promising:

Abstract:
The hegemonic form of contemporary queer theory is dependent on a model of desire as autonomous and deregulated, derived from post-’68 French theory and particularly the work of Michel Foucault. Such a model is at risk of finding itself in congruence with a deregulated post-Fordist capitalism that recuperates supposedly dissident sexual identities. This article returns to the work of Foucault to identify a largely unacknowledged tendency in his work that contests the valorization of sexuality and calls for an ‘end of the monarchy of sex’. This possibility is linked to Foucault’s controversial exploration of the concept of ‘spiritual politics’ through his engagement with the Iranian revolution. Rather than regarding this as a regression into a reactionary religiosity, I argue that it forms an inquiry into new political possibilities of revolt. These possibilities contest what Alain Badiou has identified as the nihilism of contemporary capitalism, in which desire and sexuality are deployed to constrain the political imagination to a limited bodily ‘materialism’. Drawing on the work of the later Foucault, it becomes possible to develop this new politics around asceticism, which is not so much withdrawal from the world but the refusal of the mediations of identity through sexuality and the body.

Ph34r the Noyd
christ christy writes about the primitive accumulation of sex
the Envelopment Movement

Crow posted:

im reading DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP, among other Dick sci fi's(which is what i incidentally call premonitions about my future)

also about to start a Benjamin Noys kick. this article `The End of the Monarchy of Sex' seems real promising:

Abstract:
The hegemonic form of contemporary queer theory is dependent on a model of desire as autonomous and deregulated, derived from post-’68 French theory and particularly the work of Michel Foucault. Such a model is at risk of finding itself in congruence with a deregulated post-Fordist capitalism that recuperates supposedly dissident sexual identities. This article returns to the work of Foucault to identify a largely unacknowledged tendency in his work that contests the valorization of sexuality and calls for an ‘end of the monarchy of sex’. This possibility is linked to Foucault’s controversial exploration of the concept of ‘spiritual politics’ through his engagement with the Iranian revolution. Rather than regarding this as a regression into a reactionary religiosity, I argue that it forms an inquiry into new political possibilities of revolt. These possibilities contest what Alain Badiou has identified as the nihilism of contemporary capitalism, in which desire and sexuality are deployed to constrain the political imagination to a limited bodily ‘materialism’. Drawing on the work of the later Foucault, it becomes possible to develop this new politics around asceticism, which is not so much withdrawal from the world but the refusal of the mediations of identity through sexuality and the body.

Ph34r the Noyd

guess I'll finally convert those messy pdfs into mobi, but first i'll have to learn regular expression...

help me cool xckd guy .Lol

oh nm this one is like 15 pages long. culture of death hwoever, gonna tuck into that
Allistic Privilege #455: Regular Expression
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
goatse last panel would work great on that one
[account deactivated]
eddie fork bacon

tpaine posted:

hey iwc what is the average pounds per square inch jaw pressure of a full grown female saltwater crocodile?

dunno but this was on TV last night, pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_6126&v=NkhOQ6cP7cY&src_vid=nJOgIqm-ylw&feature=iv

[account deactivated]

Crow posted:

Abstract:

Ph34r the Noyd

if u like foucault u should read agamben. he takes Completes the Foucauldian Project

babyfinland posted:

Crow posted:

Abstract:

Ph34r the Noyd

if u like foucault u should read agamben. he takes Completes the Foucauldian Project

according to an amazon reviewer, benjamin noys' culture of death book talks agamben:

Great book that provides a deep look into death and how it has changed over time. Topics include medecine and death, sovereign power and death, and the idea of bare life. If you read old philosophy such as Plato give some modern insight into the world by checking this out.

[account deactivated]
ya noys sort of problematizes agamben the way agamben problematizes foucault: what the respective former claims lies within the bounds of modernity, the respective latter demonstrates has its origin in fundamental western metaphysics. bringing it all back to heidegger really
[account deactivated]
noys... noice
crow do you know jacques lezra

hes cool i think
lezbo + she-ra = lezra
noys is pretty chill, his blog is good, love dat dude
apparently ray bradbury was megapopular in the soviet union, like one of the most famous american authors; feel like they couldve chosen better meh

aerdil posted:

apparently ray bradbury was megapopular in the soviet union, like one of the most famous american authors; feel like they couldve chosen better meh

lol id love to see those translations

Celsius 271 or whatever the fuck god that joke is old
bf do you have a legible ebook of homo sacer? i once bought it along with state of exception on ebay but the dude only sent the latter cause he gave the first book to someone else (wtf??) i told him that's f*cked up but he didn`t reply.

kinch posted:

bf do you have a legible ebook of homo sacer? i once bought it along with state of exception on ebay but the dude only sent the latter cause he gave the first book to someone else (wtf??) i told him that's f*cked up but he didn`t reply.

i have the kindle version

maybe i can convert it into a pdf or something?
oh i have the pdf and also a kindle
[account deactivated]
im just bad at Regular Expression and converting pdf>mobi or wahtever
Regular expression

kinch posted:

ok so do you want me to upload the mobi file somewhere

is that what you want

babyfinland posted:

crow do you know jacques lezra

hes cool i think

Yea so. That guy taught at a place called the Bread Loaf School of English. so what. bread door. So

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

kinch posted:

ok so do you want me to upload the mobi file somewhere

is that what you want

you just about nailed it sorry if i was unclear. regular expression, you know...