GoldenLionTamarin posted:

im reading proust

lol

yeah boi
"oooh proust"

just finished reading memoirs of a russian punk. Was cool, it's easy to project a society's ideology onto it's daily life but if Limonov's memories are accurate then they basically just did all the same free-wheeling youthful shit that we did with less internet and more rape
did you hear the one about Matthijs?

it was a Krul joke....

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

it was a Krul joke....

ok cut out the gags

gonna finish reason and revolution now that my semester is finally over, then maybe read ulysses? who wants to start a thread eh ehh

it was a Krul joke....

his last name is pronounced like "null"

getfiscal posted:

it was a Krul joke....
his last name is pronounced like "null"

yeah well we speak english here

60% through homo sacer now, really brilliant book imo, agamben owns

im aout 6% through the new zizek, which is still doing pretty good. its about plato so far. neat stuff
i found a copy of the new zizek and read the first page and saw the reference to wikipedia and turned gay and died
& its a reference to the entry for "idiot"

deadken posted:

i found a copy of the new zizek and read the first page and saw the reference to wikipedia and turned gay and died

he cited wikipedia for a reference to chinese legalism in the one before this too lol

[account deactivated]
Zizek cited Wookiepedia in his latest book
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Article about George Romney, seemed like an interesting guy

http://nymag.com/news/features/george-romney-2012-5/:

The governor was not an intellectual. He found uncertainty uncomfortable. But on my second morning going through Romney’s papers, I found some notes he had made, on the stationery of the 1966 Midwestern Governors’ Conference. Beneath some doodles, from nowhere, Romney turned philosophical: “A great issue of our time: Does the urgent need to correct social injustice justify disobedience to law?” Something about this question seemed very important to him. “Need for Revelation,” Romney wrote, and he underlined that last word, Revelation.

[account deactivated]
it's just kind of astonishing to hear about a republican candidate who would actually seriously mull over that question
if you read conservative stuff in canada even in the 1980s it was like "one of our main priorities is building a public child care system for every canadian family" and i had stuff from the 1970s policy documents that were all like "the state needs to take a directing role in planning the economy"
[account deactivated]
im reading dis
http://myg0t.com/oq/index.php?path=cakens/
http://www.facebook.com/rhizzone.nasution

Impper posted:

nose should be bigger

dongs posted:

'self portrait' iirc

lookin good

Impper posted:

his shirt is the background of the rhizzone front page.

lol

Impper posted:

lol

Impper posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Impper posted:

lol

nose not big enough
I'm reading trifonov, I realized that I've already read this one before but its ok.
i finished Im Not Stiller, thought it was pretty good, but was kinda disappointed by the epilogue. i guess Frisch was too:

I wouldn’t go so far as to say the whole religious element in the book is not honest, but it’s rather an influence I had at that time from reading Kierkegaard, and it was more a reading experience than a real one. I tried to live up a little bit to something—I don’t know what—so I made a grave mistake. And I couldn’t change it. The book was published and was already known. The book should have ended with the six notebooks by Stiller and not this epilogue written by the prosecutor—who is all of a sudden a writer, too. It’s silly, isn’t it? In the epilogue it gets more objective. Stiller knows that his notebooks are subjective, and then comes this Holy Ghost, the narrator. He takes the whole thing and puts it on a religious pillow. I don’t feel comfortable with that. To defend myself, I will say that that was one of the very few times when I seriously tried to find out whether I could become religious or not. I was trying it out, you know. And as my other books showed, I couldn’t retain it. I had started to read Kierkegaard because of this great feeling. I took a passage from Kierkegaard’s Either/Or to use for the epigraph for I’m Not Stiller—and if I could change the book I would remove it. But at the time I was so happy to read in a few lines what I had tried to deliver over pages and pages. I should have had a good friend who could have warned me not to follow the Stiller notebooks with that epilogue, but the book is there; I can’t change it now . . . Actually, I did get warned.

I just started reading Tropic of Capricorn and i'm loving it so far.
the nutritional facts for a cheeto bag