oh yeah i forgot he did geography or whatever. anyway i dont like people who talk so there's that.

animedad posted:

when did it become bad to take things seriously

itz bad. real bad. none of us r revolutionaries . we cant afford it

animedad posted:

since boring serious ideologies like communism, fascism and God died in the last century, where the fuck have you been

[account deactivated]

animedad posted:

September 11th, 2001

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

animedad posted:

since boring serious ideologies like communism, fascism and God died in the last century, where the fuck have you been

cleaning my gun and giggling

fascism is actually kinda funny

Impper posted:

not really.

well all the bodies aren't funny but the uniforms and rules and stultifying aesthetic is pretty "lol"

getfiscal posted:

Impper posted:

not really.

thank you

since *apparently* none of you have read oblomov, check it out: its about a fat russian nobleman who refuses to get out of bed because he's got the 'tism and its way cool
this week i read nietzsche. he seemed like he was pretty ahead of his time as far as being really ironic and post modern. he also warns us against women and and interracial relationships

deadken posted:

im reading the condition of postmodernity

i stopped, because its really hard

animedad posted:

circa the rally to restore sanity

One Day In The Life Of Tom Oblomov
tob obloblob

cleanhands posted:

animedad posted:

they were serious about being sane? we live in beige times

animedad posted:

cleanhands posted:

animedad posted:

they were serious about being sane? we live in beige times

they were taking a stand against being 'care' and 'mad' about 'just stuff'

does anyone have the new Zizek book yet?
its out in kindle and hardback
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484194&pagenumber=2#post403528609

Noosphere posted:

im thinkin' about buying it but its $45 and im poor so maybe i'll wait until it starts to show up used

if no one else has it, i'll buy it and share the kindle version or a pdf whatevers easyer
[account deactivated]
post a link?
[account deactivated]
please do not post anime. thanks

tpaine posted:

i have the kindle version of that and i'll share it with you arebil

send me teh zizekmon gotta catch em all

...dusty balls
I started reading Origins of Totalitarianism. I'vr read chapter one. Deadken you are full of shit, I don't think that you read the book, everything you mentioned can be refuted by reading the first 5 pages. It's really good so far imo

The series of emancipation edicts which slowly and hesitantly followed the French edict of 1792 had been preceded and were accompanied by an equivocal attitude toward its Jewish inhabitants on the part of the nation-state. The breakdown of the feudal order had given rise to the new revolutionary concept of equality, according to which a "nation within the nation" could no longer be tolerated. Jewish restrictions and privileges had to be abolished together with all other special rights and liberties. This growth of equality, however, depended largely upon the growth of an independent state machine which, either as an enlightened despotism or as a constitutional government above all classes and parties, could, in splendid isolation, function, rule, and represent the interests of the nation as a whole. Therefore, beginning with the late seventeenth century, an unprecedented need arose for state credit and a new expansion of the state's sphere of economic and business interest, while no group among the European populations was prepared to grant credit to the state or take an active part in the development of state business. It was only natural that the Jews, with their age-old experience as moneylenders and their connections with European nobility—to whom they frequently owed local protection and for whom they used to handle financial matters—would be called upon for help; it was clearly in the interest of the new state business to grant the Jews certain privileges and to treat them as a separate group. Under no circumstances could the state afford to see them wholly assimilated into the rest of the population, which refused credit to the state, was reluctant to enter and to develop businesses owned by the state, and followed the routine pattern of private capitalistic enterprise.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

Noosphere posted:

no, I don't have 80 bucks to blow

is new zizek a proper 'academic' work then, i cant imagine why it would cost that much unless it was already agreed to make it a set text for one of his taught modules or something
witness scare quotes around the word academic, even though im neither an academic nor someone who would protect academia from charlatanry, and ask yourself who here is the reactionary?

cleanhands posted:

is new zizek a proper 'academic' work then, i cant imagine why it would cost that much unless it was already agreed to make it a set text for one of his taught modules or something

the book is 1200 pages

it's the atlas shrugged of hegelianism

it's the citizen kane of alcoholic clown movies
its the hitler of hitler
an $80 book is the work of capitalist pigs

tpaine posted:

getfiscal posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

what makes you think she read it lol

her intelligent performance in "the girlfriend experience", for one.

i saw this but i couldn't relate to it

You're referring to the movie's title?