help! i'm being beaten up by the cops! oh thank god. the 101st Huffy Hipster mounted cavalry is breaking their lines
[account deactivated]
i'm trying to imagine what that would look like. i'm thinking the aesthetics of a national lampoon movie, where the ride of the valkyries plays as they ride by and hit cops with like foam bats, causing them to fall into fountains and become exceedingly wet. the police commissioner is JK simmons and he is SCREAMING
MARXO HOOOOOUSE!!
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
A battle in the shield wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe, it's blood and shit and screams and pain and terror. It's trampling in your friends' guts as enemies butcher them. It's men clenching their teeth so hard they shatter them. Have you ever been in a battle?
i thought about writing A Brexit Thing but instead did my best to counteract the trash reportage. enjoy

Edited by Guyovich ()

how did you get somewhere to publish your leftist articles instead of firing you
a

Edited by Guyovich ()

[account deactivated]
http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Sacramento-Neo-Nazis-Pledge-to-Defend-Trump-Supporters-at-RNC-20160628-0017.html

Hey so this is a thing. They shouldn't be able to effectively disrupt protest, but they will likely try, and in so doing we should expect clashes. Any last minute preparation should begin now.

Traditionalist Worker Party spokesman Matt Parrott

no way

Edited by Guyovich ()

[account deactivated]

Guyovich posted:

Traditionalist Worker Party spokesman Matt Parrott

no way

are you responding to them listing the dude or do you recognize it

[account deactivated]
yep his last name is literally Parrot
also i just got a very nice email from a comrade who was there thanking me for the column and providing a little more detail. when i get to work tomorrow i'll c/p it here
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i mean it's a dr. strangelove name but irl, like if you wanted to write a satire of fascism you'd throw out matt parrott because "nah, too obvious"
[account deactivated]

Guyovich posted:

i thought about writing A Brexit Thing but instead did my best to counteract the trash reportage. enjoy

http://www.press-citizen.com/story/opinion/columnists/2016/06/28/goodrum-giving-fascists-platform-makes-them-stronger/86481902/

mods rename me to Ernst Failmann

as promised.

I'd like to thank you for your column today, in which you criticized media coverage of the fight between the TWP and anti-fascists in Sacramento on Sunday. I came to that rally and, while I was a ways off from the bloodshed, I found the media portrayal greatly misleading. In part this can be attributed to the rapid and chaotic development of the situation on the ground, but more importantly to the unwillingness to put events in proper perspective.

First, I'd like to mention a few factual items. Though I have not been able to confirm this, some early reports from the press indicated that the TWP's permit had in fact been canceled shortly before their scheduled rally time. In one of the videos taken by ABC's Frances Wang, which you reference, the caption seems to imply that the young woman seen struck by a baseball bat was from the Nazi side. This is certainly incorrect; when I arrived at the scene some minutes later, she and other anti-fascists were still lying on the ground, while their friends attempted to stop their bleeding. Contrary to some media reports, paramedics did not arrive at the scene for at least fifteen minutes.

I agree wholeheartedly with your reproach of the tone of media accounts. Journalists have mistakenly treated the TWP as a far-right "hate group," rather than a fascist political party intent on emulating its counterparts in Europe. As its vigilante nighttime patrols to "protect whites" during completely fictional surges in black-on-white violence at Towson University suggest, and as its actions in Sacramento make clear, the TWP aspires to exercise power through intimidation and violence. That is how fascist parties work. Heimbach, in a streaming video just after Sunday's events, bragged that the casualty ratio was six to one and claimed victory on that basis. Only those who are at war measure "victory" in such terms.

If some of these journalists bothered to research the TWP - as you did - they would have found out that Heimbach had promised days before the 26th that his comrades would make the event in Sacramento their "Thermopylae," and would fight "ferociously" against "cowards, drug addicts, illegal immigrants and criminals committed in orchestrated pogroms by Zionist agitated colored people." Since the fighting they have described their men as "Spartans," though they ran off after only a few minutes, once their dirty work was done. Sometime after the melee, a loaded handgun was found in the ground taken by the anti-fascist group; I have not heard any official reports about whether the owner has been traced, but it was apparently dropped by one of the retreating TWP members. Pictures have also since surfaced online of the TWP members running into combat with their weapons - switchblades. Clearly, this group had no intention of staging a peaceful event last Sunday, just as it has no intention of accomplishing any of its goals by peaceful or democratic means.

The motivating force behind the anti-fascist rally was not to fight hate with intolerance, as many press reports imply, but to deny these elements the opportunity to organize in our city and to let them know that here, at any rate, they will not build a modern fascist movement unopposed.

Sincerely,
(a cool comrade)

Edited by Guyovich ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i would love it if revolutionary violence was a thing but the problem is the potential soldiers are actual first world leftists, who are possibly the least promising class of people for street warfare in history aside from like "inbred medieval boy-kings". don't know about you but i don't want to have to hold the line next to someone who can't handle an egg being shitty to them on twitter
[account deactivated]
Fucking hell, tuppins. The spoiler tag exists for a reason

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

i would love it if revolutionary violence was a thing but the problem is the potential soldiers are actual first world leftists, who are possibly the least promising class of people for street warfare in history aside from like "inbred medieval boy-kings". don't know about you but i don't want to have to hold the line next to someone who can't handle an egg being shitty to them on twitter

, said every other actual first world leftist on twitter

i too would love to wait around for a movement of the disillusioned to secure a front line of fashion plates and cross fit hunks but well,
[account deactivated]
I don't care particularly if they're attractive but I would prefer if they weren't simpering mental cases
i get the opposite impression from you sometimes
like, "oh thank god tumblr is real life or i'd have to put my money where my mouth is"
tumblr is real life tho
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

doesn't the media spinning this as the fault of the anti-fascists kind of indicate that revolutionary violence is a dead idea

if it indicates anything it's that the media hasn't changed in 100+ years