[account deactivated]
the 3x is brewed with mosaic hops and has a .1 highe rating on beeradvocate.com it is the superior beer
[account deactivated]
My friend and I decided on memorial day that this was the Summer of Seagram's and drank like a bottle and a half and were both hungover until today so we decided the Summer of Seagram's was cancelled

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

I like to drink Stone Ruination once every five years or so

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

My friend and I decided on memorial day that this was the Summer of Seagram's and drank like a bottle and a half and were both hungover until today so we decided the Summer of Seagram's was cancelled

fortunately summer doesnt start for another 2 and a half weeks so you have plenty of time to try again

MarxUltor posted:

fortunately summer doesnt start for another 2 and a half weeks so you have plenty of time to try again

SHUT UP NERD SUMMER STARTS WHEN ITS HOT

summer starts when the goddamn sun starts coming up at 4 am
i'm drinking a kiwi flavored "SUMMER" red bull and wishing i had the nerve to add vodka to it at work
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i'm drinking j&b straight, AND a corona

congratulations. you've arrived. so much progress in a year. i'm so proud

[account deactivated]
Olo Silver, a fantastic rum from brazil. It may be the perfect mixing rum, it's an absolutely crystal clear taste.

And Cherry Pie Shatter, a cannabis concentrate that I'm currently not in love with, but I'm still getting used to this new dab pen thing i got yesterday. It's made of weed and gets me high though so not complaining.

tpaine posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

tpaine posted:

i'm drinking j&b straight, AND a corona

congratulations. you've arrived. so much progress in a year. i'm so proud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhBdEEvM9_w

I like cherry pie OK tho ive only had it in flower
Unibroue. Maudite.
i had two bottles of not very good wine by myself because they were here and that's the kind of night it was. it felt very therapeutic

camera_obscura posted:

mezcal with orange juice and some muddled mint leaves

it's 2pm and i'm drinking a fucking mescal julep

[account deactivated]
pineapple mimosas. happy breakfast, everyone.

camera_obscura posted:

camera_obscura posted:

some silver-spoon trust fund guy was trying to tell me the other night that mescal is this high falutin fancy thing and to buy all this super fancy shit, what's the deal with it, i've never even seen a bottle of it until then

Mezcal is liquor made of agave, often smoked agave. It's good, basically like tequila tho tequila is really a type of mezcal basically
[account deactivated]
I also like rum. I recommend Palo viejo and Ron del barrilito
[account deactivated]
Yes. Iirc it's malt liquor lol. Spaten is like the worst of the bavarian beers no one there likes it
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I'll not comparing it to malt liquors that we have I'm just pointing out its inferior quality. It's gross af. I'm drinking session lagers.
[account deactivated]
yeah mezcal is good and tastes really smoky, i cant stomach really cheap tequila but i can get down w/ mezcal cuz im bourgeois and pretentious
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

they're ALL session lagers, because you drink them during a sesh

i am currently having a sesh. seshhaving

old milwaukee that someone left here
[account deactivated]

drwhat posted:

camera_obscura posted:

camera_obscura posted:

some silver-spoon trust fund guy was trying to tell me the other night that mescal is this high falutin fancy thing and to buy all this super fancy shit, what's the deal with it, i've never even seen a bottle of it until then

Basically it's what happens if a bunch of mexicans burn down some cactuses, dig up the stumps, let it rot in a tank for a while, then distill liquor from it. It used to be cheap but now that the mixologists have appropriated it (for admittedly delicious purposes) it's getting pretty expensive and a thing that silver spooners will talk about. It's not just another stupid liquor, it has a unique, delicious taste.

One imagines most liquor consumers would enjoy it in cocktails, I don't drink it straight. If you are ever in a bar or mexican restaurant that has cocktails involving it, you should try it. Uh, only if it isn't some awful margarita thing that will ruin the flavor, and probably not if it's some spicy mango thing -- apparently to gringos "mexican" == "cayenne". What I'm saying is try it under not awful circumstances, but try it.

winebaby's bourgeois mezzie delight
•2 oz mezcal
•3 oz orange juice
•muddled mint leaves to taste
•maybe some lime wedges if you feel like trying hard and how your drink appears in your hand is a significant portion of your identity

This is what I drink while basking in the sun to toast the exterior of my statuesque form.
ugh i'm so bourgie i disgust even myself
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]