i spent saturday night drinking absinthe sazeracs with old uni friends i don't really like any more sorry i wasn't around to give you awesome rap recommendations tpaine
[account deactivated]
ive been pretty bummed recently, thank god i'm an alcoholic because then i'd actually have to think about things

roseweird posted:

ask where you think this is likely to go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlNo1NjAEQ

?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

It's cultural imperialism and it's forced on my society by your people......that's like Anders-Fogh-Rasmussen telling people in Helmand to maybe just chill out on getting bombed by Nato and that's like...not a very chill thing to say :/

maybe you should take a serious look at yourself as a representative of australian culture and ask where you think this is likely to go

seriously though, you're bouncin' up the wrong creek, you can have your fancy operas and free jazz and sitcoms....when I hear the word culture I start beaching for my sun

tpaine posted:

deadken posted:

i spent saturday night drinking absinthe sazeracs with old uni friends i don't really like any more sorry i wasn't around to give you awesome rap recommendations tpaine

absinthe haha. you're a living caricature

lol do you think i don't know that

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

deadken posted:

tpaine posted:

deadken posted:

absinthe haha. you're a living caricature

lol do you think i don't know that

well stop telling us about it like it's novel

please let everyone know some more about the beer you're drinking as you post ten thousand music youtubes nobody clicks on

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

the first time i ever got drukn i was 19 and a friend from high school got a bottle of absinthe it tasted disgusting and i got terribly sick and ive never tasted it again, things that remind me of it like gin or sambuca make me queasy

i was 12 and it was contreau and not only can i not stand that particular drink but i credit the experience with setting me firmly on the weed path

alcohol is really pretty horrible if you ask me and the cruel joke about it is that while it's fundamentl justification is social lubrication it never stops causing fights and bad sex

i read an interview with underworld about born slippy once and the guy that wrote it said that it was the stream-of-conciousness of a hopelessly drunk and lost night out in Soho and he wrote it coming out of alcohol addiction. i'm paraphrasing but he said 'it was about the emptiness of drinking to get drunk, the first time it got popular and we played it in Ibiza and all these shirtless lads started shouting Lager Lager Lager I was horrified'

but i don't know whether to feel bad because of the massive misunderstanding of the song or to be skeptical because he surely would have known when putting that hook over that pounding beat that that 'Lager Lager Lager' would indeed be shouted rather vigorously.

Like if after that show at Shea stadium with the fainting girls, would anyone believe Lennon if he was like 'i'm shocked, i never expected anyone here to twist and shout'
[account deactivated]
i read an interview with underworld about born slippy once and the guy that wrote it said that it was the stream-of-conciousness of a hopelessly drunk and lost night out in Soho and he wrote it coming out of alcohol addiction. i'm paraphrasing but he said 'it was about the emptiness of drinking to get drunk, the first time it got popular and we played it in Ibiza and all these shirtless lads started shouting Lager Lager Lager I was horrified'

but i don't know whether to feel bad because of the massive misunderstanding of the song or to be skeptical because he surely would have known when putting that hook over that pounding beat that that 'Lager Lager Lager' would indeed be shouted rather vigorously.

Like if after that show at Shea stadium with the fainting girls, would anyone believe Lennon if he was like 'i'm shocked, i never expected anyone here to twist and shout'
[account deactivated]
there is absinthe in all sazeracs

swampman posted:

How exactly do you expect to have fiddle virtuosos if the state bans kiddies from practicing.

debord proposed a fiddle virtuosity, like kabbalah scholarship and child molestation, practiced primarily by those who were married, over 40, and bearded.

palafox posted:

swampman posted:

How exactly do you expect to have fiddle virtuosos if the state bans kiddies from practicing.

debord proposed a fiddle virtuosity, like kabbalah scholarship and child molestation, practiced primarily by those who were married, over 40, and bearded.

well i think debord should be dismissed if they're going to pursue stuff like that

i mainly stick to middle of the list absinthes
[account deactivated]
that's my favorite daniel johnston song (:3=
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Bowie's deep voice satirised machismo, while the lyrics juxtaposed depictions of male privilege and homoeroticism ("When you're a boy, other boys check you out"). When this was combined with David Mallet's video, which featured a suited Bowie backed by three "female" vocalists who were revealed to be the singer in drag, RCA decided against releasing the single in the US, choosing "Look Back in Anger" instead. Bowie performed the track with a puppet body special effect on Saturday Night Live on 15 December 1979, joined by Klaus Nomi as backing singer. During the broadcast NBC censors muted the "other boys check you out" line, but failed to notice the puppet's bouncing phallus at the close of the song.

tpaine posted:

now i;m drinking a torpedo dreadken

have you heard little visit? and are you into other ndw stuff at all?

why is nobody reading books itt

I'm reading The Proletarian Gamble: Korean Workers in Interwar Japan by ken kawashima. its v good. also nice that in history, sociology, anthropology, basically every field except those close to the state marxism is ubiquitous.
Too busy reading Tao Lin
im reading The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton and The Age of Revolution: 1789-1848 by Eric Hobsbawm but i dont feel the need to talk incessantly about it, bhpn
hobsbawm owns
i'm reading my Valentines present; Mao Zedong: Man, Not God
by Yanchi Quan
enjoy youre ban
[account deactivated]