MadMedico posted:

I was reading John Barleycorn and Jack London wrote that when he became a literary sensation, made a huge amount money, and built himself a massive ranch in Sonoma valley he became miserable and often contemplated suicide. He said the only thing that kept him from shooting himself was the PEOPLE and the Worker's Struggle.

So thanks Communism, for saving the life of one of the greatest American Writers.

i hate to break it to you butt

http://www.metamute.org/editorial/articles/wandering-abstraction
im reading some stupid croats, hermann broch, and rhizzone threads like the fail aids thread which is a hit with sa offsites and unpopular fyad posters.
im reading about the rote armee fraktion and about the nazis they killed
occupy wall street
i got asked if i posted on rhizzone on okcupid. shut 'er down

Lysenko posted:

that was me

let me ta

Lysenko posted:

how

Lysenko posted:

well, so to answer your question, i'm clean, but i've got "the fail aids" if you know what I mean, heheheh, it's just a lil joke i have online with my meme-friends, not that I have aids or failure in any way in the meatspace, which by the way is where i'd like to "meat" you, you're not a trot right?

palafox posted:

Lysenko posted:

well, so to answer your question, i'm clean, but i've got "the fail aids" if you know what I mean, heheheh, it's just a lil joke i have online with my meme-friends, not that I have aids or failure in any way in the meatspace, which by the way is where i'd like to "meat" you, you're not a trot right?

might want to distance yourself from the zzone a bit, maybe throw in some neogbs okc lingo, such as "hot ass beat clap" "slam whale holy grail" and "wet it up"

they first asked if I knew henrykrinkle, so congrats on being famous
what the hell
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i dunno is lysenko fat and gay and in PA and last logged into okcupid in 2005

libelous_slander posted:

palafox posted:

Lysenko posted:

might want to distance yourself from the zzone a bit, maybe throw in some neogbs okc lingo, such as "hot ass beat clap" "slam whale holy grail" and "wet it up"

neogbs okc? wtf! smh! tmi! lol!

i haven't been on the forums in many years but all of that is plausibly authentic sa forums garbage so i can't tell if that's a joke or not
lmao please post the chatlogs
for once, you ran into a girl on okc that isn't me
i think it's because i reference that hate amerikkka beat

Lysenko posted:

they first asked if I knew henrykrinkle, so congrats on being famous

lmao

let me talk to herr
[account deactivated]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0822356767/ref=pe_152101_45149611_nrn_lm wanna read this. his other books are really good

MindMaster posted:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0822356767/ref=pe_152101_45149611_nrn_lmwanna read this. his other books are really good

Good to see another person here who reads this guy. Transcritique is a brilliant book, the whole Marx-Kant synthesis is really going places.

marimite posted:

MindMaster posted:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0822356767/ref=pe_152101_45149611_nrn_lmwanna read this. his other books are really good

Good to see another person here who reads this guy. Transcritique is a brilliant book, the whole Marx-Kant synthesis is really going places.

Yeah transcritique and history and repetition are my favorites, I also like his critiques of mishima.

im readin a poem some prick on okcupid wrote

I'm thinking of something that starts with "L"
it's not love, it's not lust or something you spell
It's more random than that and out of the blue
Or like a chance meeting with someone you knew

Now the " L" word in question might be a suggestion
A proverb the masses could learn and spell
It need not be deep or profound but confound it
At least it must start with the capital "L"

Looks like living lonely leaves little for laughter
In limbo you’re listless and lazy-boned
Just give me an “L" word that gives me some hope
And I promise I won't get so stoned

Now liberty's price is a long, long road
It's much easier to live like a slave
But like it or lump it there's no way to stump it
Just keep your chin up and be brave

It's looking less likely more likely to lose
That "L" word I hoped I might find
Left only with lethargy, loser and lame
I'm lacking the will or the time

It's probably so simple, right under my nose
Not worthy of causing me strife
It's the hardest of questions that yield simple answers
Maybe my “L” word’s just LIFE!

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Pope Francis has been taken down.
im finally finishing up ulysses. joyce's writing is incredible but overall this book was just too difficult for me lol, so much of it is over my head. i consulted some annotations and even then i was like wtf, like this section where they're in the library and stephen is talkin bout shakespeare is like this part of the odyssey or something and im just like hmmmm yeah ok i guess, anyway it was still cool just reading his writing but i dont think i got that much out of it
[account deactivated]
ulysses is coolysses
i started on molloy its very soothing and disassociative
I'm reading The Oil Kings by Andrew Scott Cooper. It's a history of U.S.-Iran relations leading up to the Oil Embargo and through the fall of the Shah. It's pretty interesting, especially the secret deals the Shah and Nixon would make, fixing oil prices and selling arms without State Department or DoD approval.

A detail I enjoyed was that President Ford held a state dinner with the following surreal guest list: The Shah and his Queen, Ann Margret, Fred Astaire, Andy Warhol, Dionne Warwick, Bob Hope and Donald Rumsfeld. The 70's were a weird time.

Edited by RescueCreditor ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

still really hilarious this forum is dead on a saturday night. it's not like any of you go and do anything, but i bet you're all afraid to post because it will make you look lame. i can see someone like getfiscal sitting down and thinking, shit i can't post, i guess i should be out clubbing with friends or whatever people do? let me queue up the next breaking bad instead of mixing it up with tpaine over at the rhizzone.

don't ever accuse me of not wanting to post