TG posted:

its just one of those DAYS when you dont wanna WAKE UP everything is FUKCED everybody SUCKS you dont really know why by you wanna justify RIPPIN SOMEONES HEAD OFF no human contact you better watch your back cause your life is on contract motherfucka is just one of those DAYS

all music is folk music

postposting posted:

all music is folk music

even liturgical music?

tpaine posted:

everybody always has these embarrassing youth music purchases but not me.

yeah, you have embarrassing adult music purchases...rofl

ain't never seen no horse giving mass
handel, haydn, beethoven, and mahler were folk musicians because they grew up poor and wrote music which appealed to the middle/ruling classes

Edited by wasted ()

postposting posted:

all music is folk music

even filk?

peepaw posted:

postposting posted:

all music is folk music

even filk?

i specifically said 'music'

daddyholes posted:

I've been listening to James Brown lately. Look into it, people.

Mick Jagger is making a James Brown biopic right now and the rumor is that hes currently living in a house near my old recently regentrified stomping grounds (a parking lot where i used to go stomp on things when i got really mad)

i dunno, i had to google this phenomenon of nerds larping as musicians but on first blush seems p. terrible imo
[account deactivated]
anti-folk, while defining itself in purely negative terms, still uses 'folk' as its referent, and is thus an always present and integral part of the sign 'folk music', each side depending on the other to differentiate itself, and making anti-folk perhaps the 'folkest' music of all as the precondition on which all other folk music depends

postposting posted:

anti-folk, while defining itself in purely negative terms, still uses 'folk' as its referent, and is thus an always present and integral part of the sign 'folk music', each side depending on the other to differentiate itself, and making anti-folk perhaps the 'folkest' music of all as the precondition on which all other folk music depends

which is why it sucks shit + no one listens to it

agreed
[account deactivated]
it's the moldy peaches and shit like that

Superabound posted:

daddyholes posted:

I've been listening to James Brown lately. Look into it, people.

Mick Jagger is making a James Brown biopic right now and the rumor is that hes currently living in a house near my old recently regentrified stomping grounds (a parking lot where i used to go stomp on things when i got really mad)

as overused as it is now the 5150 is by far the gnarliest amp ever but i don't think that dude warrants a movie about his life

awesome, i think i'll drink tonight
i don't mind mumford and sons. i listen to a lot of pop and country in addition to indie rock. plus novelty music obviously. namaste.

tpaine posted:

i bet you'll love this rosenwald

katy perry constantly dunks on ween

i've never listened to a ween song, and lord willing i never will, but katy perry has some cool songs.
i thought ween was novelty music
lol ween broke up because the deaner runs an overpriced headboat

http://www.mickeysfishing.com/contact.htm
[account deactivated]
i'm not sure what complaint could be made about mumford and sons that couldn't be made about every contemporary folk artist
<3 Limp Bizkit <3 .. Any LB lady fans contact me or simply inbox me

one of my alter egos...

Merzbow posted:

http://i.ur.com/eo5SxAV.jpg