http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-FatMax-Xtreme-55-120-FuBar/dp/B000VSSG3O

mods please change my name to Stanley FatMax Xtreme

daddyholes posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi send black wolfd the stuff

mail him a box of mosquitoes

Impper posted:

look at what i bought to do the job

oh sweet ive been looking for the construction thread. im about to buy one of these

Bosch GCL 25

AmericanNazbro posted:

manual labor is really cool. i was thinking to myself the other day i wanted to get a job at a construction site and just smash things with a sledge hammer or bulldoze structures into rubble. that would be ideal.

a lot of people think that they'd like demolition but it actually sucks pretty bad. it doesn't involve much smashing

i was thinking about romanticized notions of blue color work being ideal, not that i have any illusions

AmericanNazbro posted:

i was thinking about romanticized notions of blue color work being ideal, not that i have any illusions

blue collar work is pretty fun, fulfilling etc. i work as a carpenter and enjoy it. demolition in particular is just one of the most unpleasant jobs in construction, along with roofing and concrete/basement/underpinning work. most of the other trades are actually pretty good.

yeah, I think I have the same sentiments as you. i'd much rather prefer a blue color job to that of an office job. granted, there are benefits either way,m namely working as a google SEO you have enormous amounts of free time at your disposal to read tons of stuff, which seems really appealing. but everything else about that kind of a job sounds shit.

AmericanNazbro posted:

yeah, I think I have the same sentiments as you. i'd much rather prefer a blue color job to that of an office job. granted, there are benefits either way,m namely working as a google SEO you have enormous amounts of free time at your disposal to read tons of stuff, which seems really appealing. but everything else about that kind of a job sounds shit.

im a director of search marketing and i have no time to read anything at work

solzhesnitchin posted:

Impper posted:

look at what i bought to do the job

oh sweet ive been looking for the construction thread. im about to buy one of these

Bosch GCL 25

your a carpenter? i had a lot of questions you could have answered but i guess its too late now.

we [you] should make a craft trade thread, imo

Impper posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

im a director of search marketing and i have no time to read anything at work

really? maybe i've a misconception about that kind of work due to what ive heard from various people working at those jobs. the people ive talked to told me it was similar to what your old job was like but maybe that's because your old company was entirely dysfunctional and going bankrupt

i can see how at some companies and even at my company the job is like that. but my particular job is 'strategic' and im constantly faced with bizarre emergencies and creating insane reports & research documents, while trying to make sure people do the things that the companys clients are promised
also i am constantly embroiled in making sure that nobody touches my work and i get proper attribution for all of the successful things that i'm responsible for, or else people here are literally dipping into my pay lol

Impper posted:

im a director of search marketing

Thanks for your contribution.

Construction is fun and pleasant work but its the same as anything else there's good jobs and bad jobs and well playing jobs and shitty 1s. And laborer is a garbage job for felons and noobs you need a trade
[account deactivated]
TY i worked very hard to get to where I am today!
is there in anyway areas in which you can engage in corruption and take bribes from a competitor or some other entity to get fat stacks of $$$
[account deactivated]
It's Pure ideology

AmericanNazbro posted:

whats most disconcerting about this is that you're using windows 95

you can make win xp look like that. we use it at work - they worked so many years making it like rock solid nuclear bombproof (as far as security goes) (and also monitoring) that it is a lot of unnecessary work to change

AmericanNazbro posted:

manual labor is really cool. i was thinking to myself the other day i wanted to get a job at a construction site and just smash things with a sledge hammer or bulldoze structures into rubble. that would be ideal.

this is actually my dream job. my bros bro used to do this and i was gonna get him to help me out with a Job but he mistakenly destroyed some rich fcukers $6000 carbon fiber bathtub and got fired on the spot lol

[account deactivated]

Superabound posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

this is actually my dream job. my bros bro used to do this and i was gonna get him to help me out with a Job but he mistakenly destroyed some rich fcukers $6000 carbon fiber bathtub and got fired on the spot lol

it seems cool in a heavily romanticized light but that's probably a miserable way to eventually die of asbestos poisoning. but trade skills are definitely the best jobs, imo. there is something very appealng about having a profession that isn't entirely alienated from you, in the sense you can whittle a canoe with your carpentry skills or whatever

[account deactivated]
my brothers broham

AmericanNazbro posted:

it seems cool in a heavily romanticized light but that's probably a miserable way to eventually die of asbestos poisoning. but trade skills are definitely the best jobs, imo. there is something very appealng about having a profession that isn't entirely alienated from you, in the sense you can whittle a canoe with your carpentry skills or whatever

if you could see my ceilings youd know im already going to die from black mold infection long before asbestos can get me but yeah, it was a dream based entirely in idealized notions of Destruction that ignored the realities of backbreaking low skill labor. so instead im just going to do retail/odd jobs/house painting/crime until my dad retires and we start selling custom furniture together

wait is it your brothers friend or your friends brother or your friends friend?
tahts another kind of bad point on construction you have no job security at all ever and will def. get fired if you fk something up, which will cost you a few days wages at least.
what kind of construction work did you do 'cuz you seem to have a pretty dismal view of it
[account deactivated]
I used to operate and currently work for DOT basically for job security and less stress. I think it's pretty good work actually but it's still work with basically the same issues and stresses as any job + higher chance of injury and its weird when people talk about it like it's the opening scene of the flinstones.

Keven posted:

I used to operate and currently work for DOT basically for job security and less stress. I think it's pretty good work actually but it's still work with basically the same issues and stresses as any job + higher chance of injury and its weird when people talk about it like it's the opening scene of the flinstones.

OSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *bangs on front door*

[account deactivated]
your relentless trolling is getting tired, snow and lights.

Keven posted:

it reminds me of the way new age hippies et al talk about Nature and how it's more... Natural.

[account deactivated]