is it not obvious that "identity politics," "liberals," "trots," etc. are the Other that grounds the foundational identity of the LF radical

we know we are radical because we hate this Other and obsess about their non-radicalism as an assertion of our own radicalism.
and we are correct in doing so

babyfinland posted:

is it not obvious that "identity politics," "liberals," "trots," etc. are the Other that grounds the foundational identity of the LF radical

we know we are radical because we hate this Other and obsess about their non-radicalism as an assertion of our own radicalism.

do you think anyone will be satisfied once racism ends or whatever. people will just complain about something else. everyone will be like "ugh how can people enjoy communism when animals are being slaughtered in the millions for food". or like people will complain that we're not doing enough to honour the victims of the 20th century or something. so you might as well party instead of doing politics.

ilmdge posted:

it is what it is, dont make me get agamben about forums identity lol

babyfinland posted:

ilmdge posted:

How do I press the issue further so you go Full Agamben? Can we push the limits to critical Arendt?

[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

babyfinland posted:

ilmdge posted:

How do I press the issue further so you go Full Agamben? Can we push the limits to critical Arendt?

keep talking bitch nuts.

[account deactivated]
you know what other word i find irritating? praxis. means the same thing as practice? sounds almost exactly the same? useless fuckin word, designed to cultivate some leftist superiority complex, i'm sure. almost as bad as obfuscating.
[account deactivated]

innsmouthful posted:

you know what other word i find irritating? praxis. means the same thing as practice? sounds almost exactly the same? useless fuckin word, designed to cultivate some leftist superiority complex, i'm sure. almost as bad as obfuscating.

those words are cool as hell so is boushwa

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

do you think anyone will be satisfied once racism ends or whatever. people will just complain about something else. everyone will be like "ugh how can people enjoy communism when animals are being slaughtered in the millions for food". or like people will complain that we're not doing enough to honour the victims of the 20th century or something. so you might as well party instead of doing politics.

yeah, i'm relatively sure if communism comes around again at least my people will be happier. just my 2 cents. maybe you can quote me to yourself when you're start doubting communism again. "Nothing matters, misery is constant, so why should we care about communism? Or right, the lunatic known as L-M-N-O-P on the Rhizzone forums is pretty sure other slavs will be happier and healthier! God bless the slavic peoples!"
something like that?

which slavic countries are still really high on communism? is it like, ukraine and belarus?

elemennop posted:

yeah, i'm relatively sure if communism comes around again at least my people will be happier. just my 2 cents. maybe you can quote me to yourself when you're start doubting communism again. "Nothing matters, misery is constant, so why should we care about communism? Or right, the lunatic known as L-M-N-O-P on the Rhizzone forums is pretty sure other slavs will be happier and healthier! God bless the slavic peoples!"
something like that?

hmm that's a pretty good point. i support communism again thanks.

ilmdge posted:

which slavic countries are still really high on communism? is it like, ukraine and belarus?

all the poor people in all of them pretty much

but people were saying romania and albania have no communist parties or the parties get under 1% vote
wait, are htose countries slavic?

ilmdge posted:

but people were saying romania and albania have no communist parties or the parties get under 1% vote
wait, are htose countries slavic?

neither of those countries are significantly slavic. romanians are predominantly latin people, though eastern romania has a serbian population. albanians are some indo-european isolate that just kind of started being mentioned after the first millennium a.d., and albania is about as ethnically homogeneous as you can get.

http://yaygender.net/pages/gender.pl
its probably got more to do with the fact that yugoslavia was a nice place to live, communist romania and albania not so much

i guess moldova is governed by a communist party, and russia and italy have strong communist oppositions
ukrainians in canada spend most of their waking hours wailing about how stalin killed half of them and enslaved them even though almost all ukrainians came to canada before the famine. in other words who cares who they vote for in ukraine, just reinstall communism, problem solved.
i think since the time i could understand language everyone in my family talked about stalin/communism the same way jews talk about hitler and the nazis
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I remember there was this ongoing joke where we'd call my uncle dan a child molester, and he would get real angry about it and his face would turn beet red, and even though we were all laughing he'd say in a super serious voice "i am NOT a child molester!" His earnestly repeated disavowals would just make all of us laugh even harder and bring it up even more. i was a kid myself at the time and didnt really get it, but even i joined in on the joke and laughed uncontrollably at his absurd reactions. eventually he was just constantly flustered whenever he was around children, around me or any of my cousins, he'd get so fixated on the idea of there being children around and how he could be potentially be perceived as a child molester that he'd look at us feverishly and then just steal away to avoid being in the same room with all of us, although we'd see him peeping at us from around the corner. i was never sure what was wrong with him exactly, but he eventually became obsessed with the idea that he would eventually end up a child molestee, like he imagined he'd be the victim of some curious child groping at his crotch, and he was deadly afraid that it'd be misconstrued, and he'd be both traumatized by it and hauled off for pedophilia, although my dad offered a philosophical objection, saying there was no such thing as a child molestee, that any grabbing a child might undertake could not be sexual in nature (and therefore there coudl be no sexual molestation), or if it were sexual in nature, it must be due to some influence of the adult. this got uncle dan even more frazzled to the point that he would avoid us cousins altogether, he'd hide away from us at all times, although sometimes you'd seem him lurking at the top of the stairs watching, and he'd wait for everyone else to leave before approaching any of us, he'd interact with us, but only when we were alone together so that no witnesses could see anything that might happen. anyway it turned out he'd been raped as a kid
cool story bro

roseweird posted:

for me the phrase "my people" means gay people, i mean i identify with other gay people much more than with people who share my religion/ethnicity/nationality. maybe that's bad or imperialist or something, i don't know, it's not something i feel like i could change though. identities are real and they matter. "identity politics" is just regular politics. i agree with most/all of what nazbro said in this thread. maybe identity politics is just waking up from the fantasy that communism can or should erase culture and difference, i mean how are you going to organize a centralized economy without addressing the disparate needs and wants of the people who will work together to organize that economy. all this talk about identity politics sometimes seems like just complaining about difference and identity existing at all

uh that's completely natural, since gay people in america have created their own sub-cultures and communities. it would be weird if you lived in that community and didn't.

i don't think identity politics is waking up from communism, considering most people involved in western movements for social justice are barely congnizant of communism to begin with. the thing is that most communists are never going to claim that communism brings us utopia, its goal is an eradication of class across all boundaries (racial, sexual, etc). that doesn't mean people are going to suddenly start liking each other, but without class distinctions enforcing identity distinctions many social problems will be easier to manage and hopefully solve. but maybe not.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

like i dunno if you realize it but a lot of these "identity politic" complaints are rooted in very legitimate instances of class-power dynamics where women, gays, trans, and most importantly Skaters, are secondary citizens and the way the concerns of these groups are "ameliorated" is just allowing a gay woman the 'honor' of serving in the marine corps and ending up a rape victim

well thats kind of my point actually. most Identity Politics People dont actually want to engage in class struggle, they want to be released from class struggle to go join Capitalist society.

if the only source of their radicalism is in fact the pain of oppression being caused to them by our enemy, then we must cultivate and inflame, not soothe that pain, until their bodies and minds have sufficiently served their useful purpose in furthering our collective goals and destroying that shared enemy and thus the true source of their pain. engaging in Political Anaesthetics is counterrevolutionary

roseweird posted:

for me the phrase "my people" means gay people, i mean i identify with other gay people much more than with people who share my religion/ethnicity/nationality. maybe that's bad or imperialist or something, i don't know, it's not something i feel like i could change though. identities are real and they matter. "identity politics" is just regular politics. i agree with most/all of what nazbro said in this thread. maybe identity politics is just waking up from the fantasy that communism can or should erase culture and difference, i mean how are you going to organize a centralized economy without addressing the disparate needs and wants of the people who will work together to organize that economy. all this talk about identity politics sometimes seems like just complaining about difference and identity existing at all

fair enough, and i suppose my heterosexual identity matters too? i thought you wanted to completely eliminate it?

[account deactivated]

innsmouthful posted:

Q: How do you get to Carnegie Mellon?

A: Praxis, praxis, praxis!

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

speak for yourself bucko. don't pull this head shit on ME

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]