daddyholes posted:

i was paid to blog about hearings for bow hunting laws

haha i used to mercilessly troll the bow hunting law blogs and got one lawyer/archer to try and commit suicide by bow but he couldn't position his arms correctly lmao

i had a blog post of mine printed on the opinion page of a national newspaper in 2004. so basically i'm famous.
I used to get paid to write an onion like column for the daily utah chronicle, also I stil get paid to write game reviews.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

truthout published the clumsiest thing i wrote and nothing else

link

[account deactivated]
The Clumsiest Thing I'll Ever Write
by Clarence Clearance
thruthout.org
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
richard lowtax kyanka published the seinfeld meatship
[account deactivated]
pete "petey" petereson published burgermap
[account deactivated]
change tpaines name to Cunty the Clown
[account deactivated]
i believe counterpunch will still publish pretty much anything you send them
[account deactivated]
i believe counterpunch will still publish pretty much anything you send them
what i am saying is if you want something published on Counterpunch a little bird tells me you can just email them things with a little author blurb and they will put you up next to Chomsky

Razpizdyai posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

well he's wrong then and so are you, your hedonism is counter-revolutionary and your interpretation of nietzsche seems to be pre-foucault, pre-deleuze, and pre-freud.

maybe foucault, deleuze and freud have something to say about this, but is there a reason you used that sleep quote dramatically out of context? Those aren't Nietzsche's or Zarathustra's words about sleep, they belong to a sage of virtue who is very clearly being portrayed as a buffoon. after that guy finishes his meandering and silly speech about sleep, zarathustra responds with

This sage with his forty thoughts is a fool; but I believe that he knows well how to sleep. Happy is he that even lives near this sage! Such sleep is contagious-contagious even through a thick wall...
His wisdom is: to wake in order to sleep well. And verily, if life had no sense and I had to choose nonsense, then I too should consider this the most sensible nonsense...
Blessed are the sleepy ones: for they shall soon drop off.

I don't really see how the quote you selected supports your claim that nietzsche is rejecting a hedonist lifestyle in favor of a measured, deliberate one.

You're right my quote could have been better. I was originally looking for one about digestion and age but I couldn't find one. Specific quotes get jumbled together in one's brain But it seems uncontroversial to me that Nietzsche doesn't subscribe to a hedonistic, liberal sexuality.

HenryKrinkle posted:

BHPN's assertion that male homosexuality is counter-revolutionary but female homosexuality is revolutionary is a pseudo-intellectual substitute to posting that one Facebook meme about gay marriage being okay "if both girls are hot."

Actually this is the communist position, as taken officially by Stalin in 1933 and repeated many times during the height of revolutionary advancement in China and Cuba. Sorry that the degeneration of the left into identity politics, bourgeois decadence, and lifestyle masturbatory ideology has convinced you otherwise.

a materialist analysis reveals that communist governments have mainly used that shit as an excuse to expel people from the bureaucracy

babyhueypnewton posted:

but under liberalism, when orgies are held under the rules of liberal feminism: no men unless invited (fear of the phallus), strict birth control and STD checks (fear of life) it's even worse. sexual 'liberation' caused the degeneration of communism in the west.

this is a goof right

stegosaurus posted:

tpaine posted:

link

can you link it to me or link it to the few of us non-failtardis? thank

It can't be any worse than Fuck and Destroy.
tao lin sent me tapei for free, it's so boring, this mumblecorps shit has got to go
http://www.waggish.org/2013/tao-lin-the-old-master/
I actually admire his narrowmindedness, that can be a good quality. i thought that something terrible was going to happen to the characters but i was too bored to continue past page 100

AmericanNazbro posted:

Impper posted:

your writing is clearly getting better somehow, i guess i didnt want to look at it because my mind is fairly numb but i could at least recognize that, unlike before, there was clearly nothing holding it back from being 'professional writing'. thats pretty cool

still pales in comparison to the great works of my guy Joey Goebbels. Man, what talent that guy possessed! Shame a bunch of worthless brits and yanks did him in, he had such promise.

Yo, which of his books did you read and really enjoy? I forget, but i want to buy it now plus some of his other stuff #GodWinning

all i read from him is Michael . . . and his diaries, but its all quality

deadken posted:

whens ur next novel impper

i was halfway through writing a book about bored nazis but then i bought Property and that got put on the holds. also i wrote a novel and i think its gettin gpublished by either mcsweeneys (lol) or some shitty novella publisher, but neither of them are very responsive despite "expressing interest"

stegosaurus posted:

tpaine posted:

link

http://i.imgur.com/hL8NxyP.png

what is good is The Bourgeois by Franco Moretti

SariBari posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

but under liberalism, when orgies are held under the rules of liberal feminism: no men unless invited (fear of the phallus), strict birth control and STD checks (fear of life) it's even worse. sexual 'liberation' caused the degeneration of communism in the west.

this is a goof right

he sure is

i get paid to write emails to other lawyers telling them its on dog, its a true artform unlike the didactic screeds you find here

Horror as remote-control helicopter stunt pilot, 19, partially-decapitates himself with his aircraft after he lost control

Roman Pirozek Jr, 19, was an avid RC helicopter hobbyist
He specialized in performing dare-devil tricks with his powerful $1,500 model helicopter
His own father watched as the blades of the 6-pound RC flyer sliced off a piece of his head
He was dead when police arrived

grover once posted a thread about running his RC airplane into his infant daughter.

EDIT: here's a screencap: http://i.imgur.com/mntm2KS.png

Edited by HenryKrinkle ()

i am friggin psyched

http://vimeo.com/73716114

supposed to be about #9/11 #the internet
[account deactivated]
it's supposed to be good

If pressed directly, Pynchon would describe Ice’s systematic felony as a little something called “the global economy,” a force against which the book keeps up a blue flame of ire. A cranky activist fumes that “late capitalism is a pyramid racket on a global scale.” A Russian gangster assesses Doom on Game Boy as “post-late capitalism run amok.” The narrator describes an ‘80s New York plagued by AIDS, crack, and “let’s not forget late fuckin capitalism.” Bleeding Edge seems written in the belief that Osama Bin Laden was acting on behalf on the invisible dirty hands of the marketplace.
the way ppl talk about Pynchon is funny because it's like this weird American poseur intellectualism