what have you idiots been arguing about for 50 pages

BALLS

[account deactivated]
we built this city

we built this city on pizza and rap music

cleanhands posted:

we built this city

we built this city on pizza and rap music

also danny brown still sucks, sorry bnw. if we're talking detroit, i prefer the bold faced james. i like ab-soul and the black hippy kids though. i down with you whippersnappers. did you know kreayshawn is pregnant? it's true *leans up against wall, tries to pose cool and nonchalantly*

NoFreeWill posted:

have you read neuromancer and snow crash? i got into cyberpunk a few years back because of exposure to shitty cyberpunk like The Matrix, and the original books are really cool. that specific technology detail isn't that important to the genre adn their's tons of stuff about surveillance in the genre.

i read snow crash a little while ago. maybe i will go back to it. the thing i found difficult to enjoy about cyberpunk is the individualist fantasy of the protagonists.

maybe the true cyberpunk is wall-e where our apps do everything for us and humanity has become fat babies (i have never seen wall-e)

i read the wikipedia entry for snow crash and it seems like the Worst Nonsense. read beckett instead imo
in any case it is hard for me to watch the matrix and not root for hugo weaving's character. it was a complete failure of imagination that there was not a single major hero who was a piece of software (PLEASE KEEP ALL REPLIES TO THIS POST "NEUROTYPICAL FREE ZONES" PLEASE)

deadken posted:

i read the wikipedia entry for snow crash and it seems like the Worst Nonsense. read beckett instead imo

now we're talkin *peels ouuuut*

deadken posted:

now we're talkin *peels ouuuut*

wow a little "matrix" moment for you chaps and chapettes. feelin it?
[account deactivated]
When you talk about a society without men, what about female men? Or males who identify as women? Or cultures with multiple genders, how are they going tone folded into this techno utopia

jools posted:

roseweird posted:

jools posted:

ew. this is gross. humanity isnt a great mass, its people.

no it's a kind of doughy goo actually

humanity is lots of people arguing and laughing and eating and fucking and fighting and talking and getting excited and getting bored and being born and dying and trying to get by

also humanity made pizza and rap music

[account deactivated]
u have the y chromosome
science is not a cure for social ills but the means by which they are replicated

deadken posted:

what have you idiots been arguing about for 50 pages

A dead subgenre of science fiction.

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

Neal Stephenson is horrible. I tried reading one of his books that was set in the 17th century and there's a scene where a guy with syphilis has a hallucination that he's in a modern musical.

roseweird posted:

i wasn't talking about a society without men but a society without males, a society of people cloned from an array of recombining xx genotypes (because science). i don't know what the culture of this society would be, though a language with a single pronoun for all people is one of my requirements for imagining world worth living in. i am sure they would divide into subcultures and gender-like styles of various names. i do not imagine anyone proposing to revive the y chromosome simply because the idea is too repulsive to me~

lol wut

Post the cyberpunk wedding pictures.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i think i saw some amazingly bad made-for-tv movie with that plot, but somewhere they discover The Last Male, amnd he falls in love with the female lead until the villain injects him with y chromosome Aids
maybe i just dreamed that though i cant remember. im sure something like that exist tho
isnt it a comic book
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_in_space
sorry "graphic "novel""

deadken posted:

sorry "graphic "novel""

thank you.

Some women, Commander Norton had decided long ago, should not be allowed aboard ship; weightlessness did things to their breasts that were too damn distracting. It was bad enough when they were motionless; but when they started to move, and sympathetic vibrations set in, it was more than any warm-blooded male should be asked to take. He was quite sure that at least one serious space accident had been caused by acute crew distraction, after the transit of an unholstered lady officer through the control cabin.
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

Some women, Commander Norton had decided long ago, should not be allowed aboard ship; weightlessness did things to their breasts that were too damn distracting. It was bad enough when they were motionless; but when they started to move, and sympathetic vibrations set in, it was more than any warm-blooded male should be asked to take. He was quite sure that at least one serious space accident had been caused by acute crew distraction, after the transit of an unholstered lady officer through the control cabin.

i didn't think it was possible to encapsulate everything wrong with science fiction in so few sentences
[account deactivated]

Edited by dipshit420 ()

real glad this thread is about snow crash and adult swim instead of the ways men try to play up the sociobiological inevitability of the rapes they commit
fun fact, in snow crash, the gun moll orgasms instantly when the villain rapes her.

edit sorry. not rape. now i remember correctly that he kidnaps her, a teenage pizza delivery girl, takes her to his lair, then has brief (but obviously very satisfying) consensual sex with her.

Edited by swampman ()

Lessons posted:

i think i saw some amazingly bad made-for-tv movie with that plot, but somewhere they discover The Last Male, amnd he falls in love with the female lead until the villain injects him with y chromosome Aids

Male AIDS