enayeneh posted:

all hip hop is magnitudes better than any cracker shit because 'twas Borne out of Oppression in response to white supremacy and really where else in music can you find such consistent objections to the status quo??

youd ont know dick about music mate

Of the Three Official Genres I'm Aware of (Pop, Punk, Rap (NOT HIP HOP)) I Can Definately Say Rap is the Most Subversive
*extinguishes cigarette in the eye of victor jara * quiet, i'm talking
i gaze down the brdge of my nose at the tishoumaren artists before me: I'm not sure that you knwo what real oppression is
[account deactivated]
bitch that is the same fucking thing dont play that shit wit me
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
you wanna talk rap w/me then fine baby go ahead but rap is MY SHIT. My MotherFuckingShit. i was born in that shit! molded by it. i didnt hear a rock song until i was already a man, by then it was nothing to me bUT DEAFENING!!
It's oddly heartwarming to see thousands of people jumping up and down while jubilantly singing Morrissey's ode to the apocalypse.

Armageddon - come Armageddon!
Come, Armageddon! Come!

[account deactivated]
yes
[account deactivated]
adia is the name of my gfs niece. she's a bundle of trouble
[account deactivated]
wait for it...
fail aida
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

you're going to be a great at pretending to like jazz in a couple of decades!

alright. i am deliriously tireddfuccc. so long.

Edited by ArisVelouchiotis ()

Just listened to Adia, a couple thoughts:

1. We were not born innocent.
2. We are not, currently, innocent.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

any of you ever read about gram parsons' death and unique desert cremation?

"Less than two days after arriving, Parsons died on September 19, 1973, in Joshua Tree, California, at the age of 26 from an overdose of morphine and alcohol...Prior to his death, Parsons stated that he wanted his body cremated at Joshua Tree and his ashes spread over Cap Rock, a prominent natural feature there; however, Parsons' stepfather arranged for a private ceremony back in New Orleans and neglected to invite any of his friends from the music industry.To fulfill Parsons' funeral wishes, Kaufman and a friend stole his body from the airport and in a borrowed hearse drove it to Joshua Tree. Upon reaching the Cap Rock section of the park, they attempted to cremate Parsons' corpse by pouring five gallons of gasoline into the open coffin and throwing a lit match inside. What resulted was an enormous fireball. The police gave chase but, as one account puts it, "were encumbered by sobriety," and the men escaped."

Agnus_Dei posted:

Just listened to Adia, a couple thoughts:

1. We were not born innocent.
2. We are not, currently, innocent.

your lamb is leaking

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

any of you ever read about gram parsons' death and unique desert cremation?

fuck yEs rep the Flying Burrito Brothers. fly that freak flag high, maaaan.

sNEAKy PeTE, you mothers.

morrissey and gram parsons. my lawd

nobody posts on saturdays
the rhizzone is the least effective hangover cure known to man
alcohol is haraam

animedad posted:

morrissey and gram parsons. my lawd

I listen to it all, man.

oh no...

animedad posted:

nobody posts on saturdays

yes because im painting an alligator in my bathroom

stegosaurus posted:

Truthpost, i tried to read the last three pages this morning while hung over and gave the fuck up.

bang bang chief keef

stegosaurus posted:

next time stick with the 0.0

Meursault posted:

stegosaurus posted:

next time stick with the 0.0

next time stick with the o.O

libelous_slander posted:

stegosaurus posted:

Truthpost, i tried to read the last three pages this morning while hung over and gave the fuck up.

its only mildly better when drunk. every thing is running together into one big effort post where nothing is said. hmmm just like marxism..... or not, i dont fucking know man

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

I was thinking a little about music in political struggle. You can almost deduce the quality of the cause from the quality of the music. Compare civil war-era red music and white music, and compare irish republican music and loyalist music. Look, I'm not saying this is scientific. It's just some food for thought for the lurker checkpoint #46354.

Honestly, "Dixie" is a much better song than the maudlin and funereal "The Grapes of Wrath"