So the Egyptian revolution is moving along. The military government has firmly drawn the battle lines with violent repression of protestors in Tahrir Square and elsewhere, and banned labor strikes. There is a revolutionary workers party (Workers Democratic Party) whose foremost demands are religious tolerance and abolition of religious, racial and gender discrimination, re-nationalization of industry under worker-elected management, abolition of privatization and monopoly and redistribution of wealth to welfare for the poor. They are also working for an increased minimum wage, independent trade unions and improved working conditions. The Western press has obsessively hammered on the supposed lack of foreign policy goals in the revolution, but this is a lie: there is a very strong anti-Zionist momentum. The Sumed pipeline that delivers a majority of Israel's natural gas has been attacked weekly, and yesterday's attack on Israeli soldiers originated in the Sinai Penninsula, where neither the Egyptians or Israelis are able to police effectively anymore.

The counter-revolutionary elements consist essentially of the military, the bourgeoisie and middle classes, and the Saudi fifth column Ikhwanis and Salafis, which consist of roughly three main groups, including the Muslim Brotherhood. I doubt they will have much success. Egyptians are patient, intelligent and well organized, and seem pretty serious about establishing a truly revolutionary state.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Forgot to mention that that attack yesterday resulted in the death of one of YAMAM's most veteran snipers. I have this hopeful idea that Israel has been delivering arms to Syrian opposition groups (e.g. the Kurds) and gave some weapons to the wrong people.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4110959,00.html

discipline posted:

The interesting thing about this is that Israel's best friend in Egypt is the military. This renders a war with Egypt extremely counter-productive. Unless they can wrangle NATO into it, which I doubt, or establish a Zionist puppet in East Libya and generate some sort of serious counter-revolutionary agitation through them, it doesn't look very good for Zionist interests. I don't expect much to result from the Libyan adventure either, mind you. They are fractured and corrupt and have already spent their trump card (calling in NATO bombers).

I think the more pressing issue is how to approach the Egyptian military.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
That would basically be a repeat of 73 and I don't think Egyptians would go along with it. If something broke out, it would be out of the control of either state. There is a lot of "grassroots" action being performed right now on the Egyptian side.
[account deactivated]
im scared of mummyys and scarab beetl
if you dont clear out the mummies all they do is rustle and whisper and i cant tell if theyre talking behind my back. they pass notes back and forth until theyre covered in scraps of paper and im checking no i do not like you but the mummy wont give up. i opened my locker and there was a canopic jar with a heart. im giving the mummy a ticket "for prom" but its really a train ticket, they put the mummies in the engine so they can remember how to run again, all the more resin to burn they say, pitch 'em in
wolfpupy want some bubble bath?
Civil organization sues the Military Council and calls for severing of ties with Israel

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/node/489241