tell me... what do you think, how do you feel, when you walk through the night? the NIGHT night when you must walk alone? do you watch the stars or your path ahead of you? do you feel calm or fear? it was cold tonight...

in a paragraph or two, a few at most, tell me what it is like - for you - to walk through the night...

only teh night brings the human inside my capitalist corpse out. the real, primal, living human, from way back. were talkin old school here. well, not night itself, but the one thing it promises: darkness. either darkness, really; seen, felt, staring into the convenient nothingness found under me eyelids in slumber, or the void by way of shadows of the corner and the alley and the woods. only does the deepest darkness of dreams and nightly shadows spring up n forth the one question made damn near extinct by civilization: will i be eaten tonite
i hella need myself to have to ask mysel fthat question regularly so oi gotta live near woods where the shadows're the deepest and plentiest
[account deactivated]
in the night i see possibility, action, paths leading out in front of me; in the night everybody is a potential ally, a potential enemy, a journey and a possibility, a story, a blank page, a partner in crime or in love or in life--this is contrasted to the daytime, where i feel small, disconnected and disaffected; in the daytime everybody is larger than me, whereas only in the night do i approach others as my equal. the night air is fresh and refreshing. my lungs open up, i breathe deeply; in the daytime i gasp. i can choose to disappear; alternatively i can be larger than life--only in the night

i can only truly see the world when i walk at night.
when i walk through the night i walk without purpose, i surrender myself to the city. my arms reach out and brush the sides of the buildings, i become a part of them, i let my route be determined by their ancient illogic. i abandon the organic. i become a part of the city's flows and movements. the surging of electricity through wires, the rumbling of the night buses, the shuddering of the tube trains underground.... i recognise other people only as similar components of the city that has been here longer than they have and will continue to slowly crumble long after they are dead. deindividuation is the only freedom.

thats in london though. in los angeles i don't walk through the night, in los angeles the true night does not exist.
[account deactivated]
it's fucking cold at night, so if i'm walking i'm just trying to get to the nearest radiator so i can unfreeze my prostate
[account deactivated]
well the other day i was walking and i saw a catand was like "hey kitty. what are you doing out so late at night?" and started to walk towards it to pet it and i was almost abotu to touch it when it turned around and it wasnt actually a cat it was a skunk and i was like "oh no" and jumped up and ran away. just another danger of nightwalking

stacey posted:
well the other day i was walking and i saw a catand was like "hey kitty. what are you doing out so late at night?" and started to walk towards it to pet it and i was almost abotu to touch it when it turned around and it wasnt actually a cat it was a skunk and i was like "oh no" and jumped up and ran away. just another danger of nightwalking

this happened to me too except it was a robotic skunk of some sort, i think somebody had a remote control and was enjoying the watching of me panic. i shit you not these robot skunks are out there.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i stare up at the stars and notice irrelevant, indifferent transient pinpricks of white on a canvass of black death and i feel comforted to know that no matter what i or anyone else do all those stars will die, baryonic matter will tear itself apart and all that is or ever will be shall end up as an infinitely cold thin soup of immobile base particles forever
[account deactivated]
i usually feel very comfortable walking around at night. no one is ever outside in my neighborhood and all the life that bounces around during the day is gone. there are the far stars and sometimes the moon is brightly illuminating everything. i like get lost in fantasies about the shapes i see off in the distance. the trees are very pleasing to behold when its dark.

during the day i am always thinking about what might be around me whether its cars on the road or people in their yards or running or walking somewhere. like impper says everything seems larger than me during the daytime but at night i feel like i could "larger than life" and i am surrounded by possibility and it is a comfortable feeling.
[account deactivated]
the only sounds that can be heard at night are the bellowing machines of capital.

it's very calming.
i was with some dudes my age a couple years ago when they saw the milky way for the first time. i'd never even thought about it as something a person could live for decades and not see but apparently (and, upon reflection, obviously) that can happen if you grow up in a city and don't have the resources or inclination to ever visit a rural area

Edited by thirdplace ()

Fucker posted:
only teh night brings the human inside my capitalist corpse out. the real, primal, living human, from way back. were talkin old school here. well, not night itself, but the one thing it promises: darkness. either darkness, really; seen, felt, staring into the convenient nothingness found under me eyelids in slumber, or the void by way of shadows of the corner and the alley and the woods. only does the deepest darkness of dreams and nightly shadows spring up n forth the one question made damn near extinct by civilization: will i be eaten tonite

ah shit!!! thats fucked up bro but i kno wat u mean,, u gotta careful about the gohsts in the woods. real talk

[account deactivated]
:)