[account deactivated]
hahaha are people really leaving heaps of flowers in front of Apple stores? God Bless America.
A Good Start.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
why would i give a shit if some african or chinese has to suffer for my electronics. toxic? are you serious? planets not running out of people.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
cool now i can be zombie jobs for halloween

germanjoey posted:
hahaha are people really leaving heaps of flowers in front of Apple stores? God Bless America.

lmao

My favorite part was where he used his financial capital to get on several hospital's organ donor lists and created a company in the same city that he was to get the transplant in, in order to buy a personal mansion to be an eligible resident - and to recover in.

His words on the nature of death at that commencement speech were spot on though. Too bad he lived a terribly toxic shitty terrible lifestyle and ethic and thus did jack-shit with his intellect except for make people go gaga for shinies.
his father was Muslim btw

babyfinland posted:

his other father was christian though

Another example of the wonderous revolutionary potential of Drugtaking Retards
http://books.google.com/books?id=cTyfxP-g2IIC&pg=PT21#v=onepage&q&f=false

1488 posted:

babyfinland posted:

and this helps me troll how?

Steve Jobs was more of a revolutionary than any of you chumps could ever dream
revolution is bad
lol

lungfish posted:
Steve Jobs was more of a revolutionary than any of you chumps could ever dream

i know your posting enough to know you're not being ironic and i'm sad inside.

babyfinland posted:
1488 posted:
babyfinland posted:

in the words of the great american director steven spielberg, "Steve Jobs was the greatest inventor since Thomas Edison. He put the world at our fingertips."

don't troll one of the greatest inventors funeral thread please

1488 posted:

babyfinland posted:
1488 posted:
babyfinland posted:

in the words of the great american director steven spielberg, "Steve Jobs was the greatest inventor since Thomas Edison. He put the world at our fingertips."

all thanks to LSD and new age buddhism

1488 posted:
He put the internet at our fingertips, for the affordable premium of $130 a month with a 2/yr minimum contract"

it hasnt happened yet but eventually smartphones are going to be an absolute necesity for the working man (like how cellphones are now) and that will be cool when you need to pay a stupid $100/month bill just to keep your minimum wage job
imagine how much shittier computers would be if there had been some sort of worldwide revolution and everyone was communist
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:
it hasnt happened yet but eventually smartphones are going to be an absolute necesity for the working man (like how cellphones are now) and that will be cool when you need to pay a stupid $100/month bill just to keep your minimum wage job

"the working man"

AmericanNazbro posted:

babyfinland posted:

"the working man"

sorry im american thats how we talk in america

Edited by babyfinland ()

yeah that time is already here. all my high school friends who had kids instead of going to college have no computers and nicer, way more expensive phones than I do
i have an imac. it's adequate. thanks for listening.
Yes politicians actually use the neat euphemisms "working class" and "business class," because reality can only be ignored in a roundabout way.

Steve Jobs was, and continues to be, a giant of modern business creativity and responsibility. His passing marks the end of an extraordinary time in the computing industry, where he was solely responsible for changing the drab beige boxes on people’s desks into beautiful industrial designs, and blazed many trails for others to follow. Where would Windows 7 be were it not for Steve Jobs? Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Today, I have Steve to thank for my career: I am an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician. I have always loved Apple and all the products they produce, including the questionable ones. It is Steve Jobs’ vision of computing as simple, intuitive, and engaging, that allowed me to pursue it as a career, and to get away from my training as a journalist, which was stifling and depressing to me.

I am already hearing the inevitable trite and hateful remarks about Steve’s passing. My hope is that these sadly misinformed people will someday realize the profound impact Steve Jobs made on the everyday world around them. Like him or not, his contributions to everything we see on a daily basis are simply undeniable.

Good journey, Steve. You will be sorely missed.
it's practical and maybe even noble to surround yourself with inaesthetic electronics, but you'll never achieve self actualization if you don't buy an imac

discipline posted:
yeah imagine how much slower we'd be killing ourselves...

as if any of us needed to live longer

dm posted:

nuke the planet

A great genius, who had the fine idea of making you pay him to buy a program they didn't make for your computer, and paying him to buy a song they didn't make for your digital device

A True Visionary
A Great Man, much like bill gates who came up with the revolutionary idea of everyone having to pay him to work in an office or at home

how do they get these great ideas? where does genius come from? Is it a sense of wonder and play? Check out my TED talk for more....

1488 posted:

thomas edison was a lying, thieving piece of shit, so it's an appropriate comparison.