I feel like animals are really well calibrated. I am expecting the population of certain species to die overnight as the temperature exceeds their capacity. E.g. hummingbirds tuesday, wasps wednesday, etc.
ground floor [joke about the "hippie" lifestyle]
it is weird when people that kill animals and consume animal products for no good reason act all worried about ecology

were there amerikan plantation owners who were concerned about the sustainability of the enslaved african population?
bro
personally only interested in inorganic ecology,
check this article that just dropped
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03056244.2020.1837095

The hidden legacy of Samir Amin: delinking’s ecological foundation
L'héritage caché de Samir Amin : les fondements écologiques de la déconnexion
Max AjlORCID Icon
Pages 82-101 | Published online: 25 Nov 2020

Download citation https://doi.org/10.1080/03056244.2020.1837095 CrossMark Logo CrossMark

In this article

ABSTRACT
Delinking and the global law of value
Delinking: abstracting from China
Samir Amin’s world-ecology
Egyptian insight into ecologically sustainable farming
Tunisia’s ecological dependency turn
Conclusion
Acknowledgements
Disclosure statement
Additional information
Footnotes
References

Full Article Figures & data References Citations Metrics Reprints & Permissions PDF | EPUB

ABSTRACT

This paper considers the relationship between Samir Amin’s programme for delinking, smallholder agriculture, his theories of ecology, and the current of ecological dependency that developed out of North African dependency analysis. It argues that ecological forms of agriculture in fact underpinned the original case from which Amin derived delinking – the developmental model of Amin’s China. It goes on to show how collaborators and fellow travellers of Amin like Mohamed Dowidar, Fawzy Mansour and Slaheddine el-Amami advanced the case for smallholder-centred national development, and connects their investigations to Amin’s theoretical framework.
RÉSUMÉ

Cet article examine la relation entre le programme de déconnexion de Samir Amin, les petits exploitants paysans, ses théories de l’écologie et le courant de dépendance écologique qui s’est développé à partir de l’analyse de la dépendance nord-africaine. Il soutient que les formes écologiques de l’agriculture ont en fait sous-tendu le cas original dont Amin a tiré le concept de déconnexion – le modèle de développement de la Chine d’Amin. Il montre ensuite comment des collaborateurs et compagnons de route d’Amin comme Mohamed Dowidar, Fawzy Mansour et Slaheddine el-Amami ont fait valoir l’argument en faveur d’un développement national centré sur les petits exploitants, et relie leurs recherches au cadre théorique d’Amin.

liceo posted:

personally only interested in inorganic ecology,

you said you been reading lem, now i believe you

ecology more like weakology, amirite? and while were at it, what the deal with wasps?
sucks how the world is dying imho
I love animals

tears posted:

ecology more like weakology, amirite? and while were at it, what the deal with wasps?

now, that's ekkk-cology (i'm scared of wasps)

thanks for the link jools